A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
783 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've finally found my favorite craft  (Read 2988 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2013  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kizzie421
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013 05:46:09 AM »

I just purchased a resin kit, I just need to purchase the molds, so I'm about to drink the cool aid too. Smiley Cute items!

Cheap silicone molds work great. Target always seems to have some cute ones in their $1 stuff. Ive gotten a ton from there, lightning bolts, dollar signs, pixel hearts, pickles, beer bottles, hotdogs, jsut to name the ones Ive gotten recently.

Did you see the new Halloween ones? I just picked up a few, fingers, eyeballs and ears, and spiderwebs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BarbecutieJunk
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013 02:29:53 PM »

Did you see the new Halloween ones? I just picked up a few, fingers, eyeballs and ears, and spiderwebs.

SPIDERWEBS??? i only saw the fingers, eyes/ears.  Sad  Must get my hands on it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013 12:30:19 AM »

I just purchased a resin kit, I just need to purchase the molds, so I'm about to drink the cool aid too. Smiley Cute items!

Cheap silicone molds work great. Target always seems to have some cute ones in their $1 stuff. Ive gotten a ton from there, lightning bolts, dollar signs, pixel hearts, pickles, beer bottles, hotdogs, jsut to name the ones Ive gotten recently.

Lucky! My Target didnt have ANY halloween molds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kizzie421
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013 05:31:43 AM »

I have to return one of the two spiderweb molds i bought because it has holes in it. normally for a $1 i would just throw it out, but i'm kinda peeved at target so yea.

i did notice some stuff in the $1 section varies from target to target. I don't know if that helps. I have seen some of the molds i bought in target for $1 being sold on ebay for $5! but if you look at the tag that is still on the mold it reads $1.  If I find more i will try and pick up extras, and if anyone would like one it will only be $1 plus shipping. i'm not trying to make money just help out some fellow crafters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BarbecutieJunk
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013 02:31:46 PM »

Kizzie, I would gladly pay for one.  Gonna go to a different target later and see what they have.

Also, 99 cent only stores have a bunch in their kitchen section, ducks, fish, butterflies, mustaches.  And pumpkin/skulls in halloween section. 

I have no idea if people are really just using these for ice, but I love that they are so IN right now. haha.

I have to return one of the two spiderweb molds i bought because it has holes in it. normally for a $1 i would just throw it out, but i'm kinda peeved at target so yea.

i did notice some stuff in the $1 section varies from target to target. I don't know if that helps. I have seen some of the molds i bought in target for $1 being sold on ebay for $5! but if you look at the tag that is still on the mold it reads $1.  If I find more i will try and pick up extras, and if anyone would like one it will only be $1 plus shipping. i'm not trying to make money just help out some fellow crafters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BarbecutieJunk
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013 06:24:47 PM »

Thats weird, my last message wasnt there.  o_O thats okay....

I went back to the SAME target, and they magically had two of the spider trays.  I bought them both.  Thanks for the heads up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CDEeeek
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013 05:25:11 AM »

I worked for an art house where we made prototypes and custome parts and figures. If your mold does get holes or has them to begin with, just wrap the bottom and sides with duct tape, being careful not to distort the shape. On the other hand, you could distort the shape on purpose also, for other effects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
Kizzie421
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013 06:00:19 AM »

I worked for an art house where we made prototypes and custome parts and figures. If your mold does get holes or has them to begin with, just wrap the bottom and sides with duct tape, being careful not to distort the shape. On the other hand, you could distort the shape on purpose also, for other effects.

thank you for the tip! i will keep that in mind for future mold issues. these holes will effect the outcome of the piece sadly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting Sue
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013 08:59:39 AM »

resin looks really fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomicstitch
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013 04:18:50 PM »

Those are really cute! I've always wanted to try that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's as much fun to scare as to be scared.
― Vincent Price

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AtomicStitch
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sophy Robson’s Nail Art Tutorial on Galaxy Nails
How to Get Beyoncé’s Luminous Glow
Our Friend Courtney Bingham Sixx Knows A Lot About Self Tanning
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Worth It?
Pro Surfer Quincy Davis on the Best Sunscreen and Her Beauty Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...