A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blue Clouds Easy Cupcakes  (Read 404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyDoll
« on: September 03, 2013 04:44:04 PM »

Now this is more like my kinda lazy girl baking. All you need is a box of cake mix, a couple drops of food coloring and cover them with some instant icing and decorations you got these beautiful cupcakes for any party or gathering in under an hour. It is the perfect last minutes dessert.

My post entry link: http://www.diyfashiondiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Sandwich-2-pieces-with-filling-in-the-middle.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made these cupcakes very often because not only they are easy and super tasty, you can literally have thousand of batches and no one will ever know they are technically the same thing over and over again. Ive made them for valentines day, birthday, housewarming party and now baby shower. The trick is different food coloring and icing, if you are creative, adding different topping accessories is super fun and will make your cupcakes stand out in any occasion. Dont worry if you are not too crafty, I will give you some great easy ideas in this post too.

Ingredients needed:

White cake mix in a box (any brand, you can use yellow cake also but bare in mind the coloring will be a problem.)
Instant Icing (if you are lazy like me, they worked great)
Food coloring
Baking cups

Step 1:

Follow the instruction and mix the batter using a whisk or hand mixer.

Step 2:

Add 2-3 drops of desire food coloring into the batter and mix till color is blend in evenly. If the color is not strong enough, add more drops.

Step 3:

Put cupcake liner in muffin pan and pour batter carefully without overfilled. (⅔ is the perfect amount)

Step 4:

Baking is easy, just follow the instruction on the cake mix box, most of them even have different time base on the cake pan size you are using for you as a guide. Tips: The best practice is bake at the lower time and check on it using a toothpick. If it come out clean after you stick into the middle of the cake, it is done.

Step 5:

Icing the cupcake is an art project. Base on your skill level you can do it in different ways. You can spread it with a butter knife, icing knife or pipe it in an icing bag with different tips. The good thing they will be delicious even they dont look the best. Using store bought icing is time saving, cheap and you got tons of choices.

Step 6:

Additional accessories is completely optional but it will make your cupcake unique and has the wow effect. For the baby shower theme, we made these cloud cutouts, color it with glittery nail polish wait till dry then tape the back of it on a toothpick and stick it on the cupcakes. For the birthday cupcakes, I added small plastic parts and fake flowers to make it look more fancy.

For complete post pls visit my blog: http://www.diyfashiondiva.com/my-projects/baby-shower-craft-4-easy-cupcake
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Tricks to Achieve Bold Brows with Jeanine Lobell
D.S. & Durga Perfume House
Talk Pretty to Me: Cute Summer Hair and Makeup Ideas
The Pastel Lip Tutorial
Can Nail Art Be Sophisticated?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...