A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop  (Read 530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« on: July 21, 2013 07:35:02 AM »

I get tired of the very limited selection of boys patterns from the "big 4" pattern companies because they are so boring and uninspiring.  So when I found a great deal on some fleece a few months ago, I looked around for a pattern & found the Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover from Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop.  It is unisex and I really liked that it had sizes 6 months - 10 years because I am cheap it will last for years to come.

I decided to put one together to check the sizing although, yes, it is July so we have several months until it is nearly cool enough to wear it.  My son is wearing a 4T in tops these days, so I made a size 5 just in case it ran small.  It seems to be just right for layering - I might add an inch in length next time since he is long waisted.

The pattern gives you the option of doing the cowl neck and cuffs in contrasting fabric, but I did the whole thing in the shark print this time to keep it easy.  This pattern was awesome - super easy.  My only critiques (and they are minor) was that (1) the front & back pieces (which had different necklines) were not two separate pieces so you had to cut the back out out & then cut the pattern piece to cut the front and (2) there weren't pattern pieces for the wrist or waist bands (just measurements).  Really those were no big deal and once I had cut it out, this went together no trouble in about an hour - super quick!  The pattern lines were nicely drafted (unlike some other patterns I have gotten on Etsy that were hand drawn).  And although it is a PDF pattern, there are only 6 pages to tape together for the pattern pieces.  And I machine sewed it, so a serger was not necessary (although it would be a great pattern for a serger).  I will definitely be making more of these, and I'm going to try one of their PJ patterns next.

Another one:

Girl version for a friend's daughter:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013 04:55:15 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Dipped in Chocolate Desserts
Almond Snowballs Recipe
Spirited Bourbon-Pecan-Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...