A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hippy Swap Round 8 - Gallery of Hippy Happiness!  (Read 5340 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alatarial
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013 03:16:35 PM »

I received a fantastic package in the mail yesterday all the way from Canada Smiley The package was wrapped in brown packaging paper and doodled on by MissCrafty29's little one. I couldn't wait to open it up!
I got a bandanna, a slouchy beanie, a shirt (but it fits me like a dress, lol), some cute bracelets, a pair of earrings, a necklace, two bars of soap, and a set of Canada pins.
Here is a group shot of everything:

Now, I have to mention, that once I opened up the package, before I could even see its contents, I could smell that there was something very fragrant in there. I couldn't quite pick out the scent... It smelled a little minty and lavendery?? As it turned out, I was smelling the Patchouli and Cinnamon soap in combination with the hemp soap.

Yup, it seems that this soap is a bit of an aphrodisiac. I'm not going to say anything more about that except that I think I'll accidentally misplace my partner's soap... Wink

I'm really loving the jewelry MissCrafty29 made me! They are straight out of my pinterest board! I'm especially loving those bracelets... How cute are those charms?!

And you didn't think I would end this post without some action shots, did you?

Me wearing the beanie:

Me wearing the shirt/dress:

I'm very short and petite so I'll probably wear this as a dress with tights underneath. And I hope you can excuse the bathroom selfie... There was no one around for me to coerce into taking a photo of me. I don't know if you can tell from the photo but misscrafty29 hand dyed this shirt/dress Smiley

She also embroidered the venus symbol (but with a heart) onto the arm. It looks a little wonky in the photo because I'm twisting in a weird way, but in person, it looks fantastic and I LOVE it! The feminist in me got really exited to see it!

Anyways, that's my awesome package! I loved it all! Thank you so much MissCrafty29!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/elenc/

Will personal swap! Please, PM me!
MissCrafty29
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2013 07:57:54 PM »

Oh goody...the package made it to you, safe and sound and you like it Cheesy I am most pleased!!! Even though it fits more like a dress, it is super sweet on you Wink You're lucky those bracelets made it in to the package...a friend was completely in love with them and trying to pull a fast one, with them...lol!! Well, it was good fun, crafting for you and I am happy you are happy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2013 11:28:54 PM »

That's a fab package! Love the shirt dress and the hat and the jewellery and the soap! (I love patchcouli Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013 11:36:56 PM »

love the patchwork skirt, the book cover, the beanie and the shirt/dress Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2013 02:29:54 PM »

Right, I have updated feedbackfor everyone who has sent and received. We have just two swappers left who still need to receive and I can't wait to see what wonderful things they've got Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissCrafty29
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2013 04:00:01 PM »

I received a most beautiful package, from Alatarial!!! I was feeling so low and have had a very stressful and sad 2 weeks, so this was a very welcome pick me up.

Group shot!!

A beautiful skirt, for my little one and a purse, made from the same fabric...which the little one has claimed as her own because it matches the skirt...lol! She does love the skirt. The material was dyed, by Alatarial.

A great messenger bag!!

She made me some very AMAZING patches that I am planning to put in a pair of jeans...or a coat...oh, I just can't decide but I lerve them Cheesy

Last but absolutely not least...the most beautiful patchwork I have ever received!!!! I am going to be completely honest here. Lately, I have gone through something very frightening, followed by the devastating loss of my beloved fur baby, my cat. So, I may a wee bit emotional but when I saw this wonderful peice of art, I cried!! Yep, I cried like a baby!! It's just so beautiful and every peice of it is so me...you did an amazing job on everything, Alatarial and I am most thankful Cheesy I am now completely in love with the Teesha Moore inspired style of patchwork...must try making some Wink

Also, my partner was so ver kind as to share with me, some of her Father's herbal tincture recipes...woot!! I can't wait to try them out Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
MissCrafty29
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2013 04:01:47 PM »

Sorry for the sideways pictures! I am posting from my phone and have no clue how to rotate them...tee hee!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
Samsara

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013 10:57:37 PM »

Wow, you certainly got spoilt! That Teesha Moore patchwork is amazing! So much work! And the hand sewn patches Smiley What were the tinctures?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013 02:35:57 PM »

Okay, tomorrow I'm off on my travels for a couple of weeks. I'll try and stay in touch on my phone, but it depends on whether I can find a hotspot Smiley it should be okay, but if you don't hear from me, don't worry....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013 11:28:43 PM »

Aww that skirt and bag - so cute for a littleun.what you gonna do with that stunner patch work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Francis Slakey on Fitness
The Life of Queen Lead-Singer, Freddie Mercury
A New Sense of Social Purpose
Climbing Mt. Everest
Two Foot Fred Autobiography Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...