A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,013
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hippy Swap Round 8 - Gallery of Hippy Happiness!  (Read 5458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whitterp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013 07:15:07 PM »

I received earlier this week from Kartiana! She did an amazing job- prepare to pin!

First off, these adorable clothespins she decorated with paper.

I love them! She also made me an adorable measuring tape bracelet and an awesome journal!

I can't wait to write and doodle in it. There's really pretty scrapbook paper separating each section.

I was so excited to see this next item. An adorable ruffle apron! Please excuse my legs but I wanted to show how cute it was on Smiley

This last item really blew me away! Kartiana said its a dish mat but its so beautiful we've put it out to display on our dining room table! She hand sewed the entire thing and WOW! It's gorgeous and I'm pretty sure perfect.  Grin

I was definitely spoiled! I love everything so much! Thank you, Kartiana!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013 05:59:09 AM by whitterp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.whitneymakes.wordpress.com

pinterest.com/whitneymakes
whitterp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013 07:18:15 PM »

Ok obviously something is up with my pictures! Not sure but I'm using my iPad so maybe that's the problem (can we get a craftster mobile site?!)

Working on getting it fixed!

OK, got all the correct pictures up this time! Had to email the photos from myself and wait until I got into the office this morning so I could rename the files and upload and yada yada. Point is- all good! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013 06:00:22 AM by whitterp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013 11:17:15 PM »

The same photo I'm afraid! The very cute pegs, but we can't see the others!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013 06:10:11 PM »

I received from my sending partner whitterp today Smiley
I got a red button hoop, a shirt, leaf bag, two hair things, and a mini painting on a tiny easel.

And a close up of my favorite part of the package.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013 10:37:43 PM »

Oo, love that measuring tape bracelet! The skirt and journal are pretty cute too. Would love to see the shirt you got Oath Keeper Smiley The bags look handy Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013 06:17:03 AM »

Kartiana - as ever your gifts are just incredible, I love your style! My favourites are the clothes pins and the ruffle apron.. if I had to pick!!

whitterp's sendings also look great! I'd love to see more pictures!! that button hoop looks really clever, and I wanna see more of that shirt - what a gorgeous colour!

ok here we go! Photos of stunningness from Samsara coming up Cheesy

Samsara really spoiled me, it was amazing to get gifts which were handmade by someone just for me Smiley great introduction to swapping (proper swapping, rather than ATCs and little visitors which is as far as I'd ventured until now). And I feel she paired me up with exactly the right person Wink so happy to read you used what you had for this swap. I have too! Nothing bought at all.

right - first the extras (save large for last!) Samsara correct me if I get these in the wrong order, the letter got lost in unwrapping goodness!!

She sent me some excellent incense and a candle - did you make this yourself?

Now the smalls, one very yummy smelling sugar scrub, and a bracelet, AND and anklet! Which fit perfectly, thank you!

The mediums were just incredible, there was a hoop, which she said was her first try trying one but I don't believe here Wink it's too professional!! And also a glass tea light holder she's made for me, which is stunning and now lives on my meditation table.

And the large was an incredibly well made yoga bag, which has a strap so i can take it on the bike with me or on a walk, perfect!! It's so simple, and the gold reminds me of my childhood - I lived in a very multicultural area and my best friend was muslim, this bag is exactly her style and makes me smile everytime I look at it Cheesy I'm also really  happy it has lots of space to sew on extra gifts I may get in future swaps (hint hint everyone!!) - I love sewn badges, and some hippy badges might be brilliant. hehe! I even love that it's nice and roomy, so space for an extra padded mat, or a change of clothes too. AWESOME

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitterp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013 10:18:41 AM »

Oh i love all your stuff! That bag is awesome and I really like the candle holder. It's so pretty!

I glad you liked the little painting, I actually hadn't touched my paints in YEARS and it felt really good to break those out again and play.

Since people asked, here are a few pictures that I took of my stuff before I sent. The sewing isn't perfect, but I've never made something like these before with no patterns.

A closeup of the shirt (I hope it fits I made it based off a shirt in your size that I had in my closet!)

The button hoop:

and the item I was most proud of, the bag. It's actually reversible so that orange lining you see could be flipped to the outside.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013 11:15:12 AM »

whitterp ~ So glad you got the pictures to work  Smiley I had a blast challenging myself for this swap and am so so so glad you like everything!

I love that orange bag! (pinned it  Wink )

The yoga mat bag looks so well made! I wish there was a place locally that had yoga classes so I could get into it. I have DVDs, but little motivation to make myself do it on my own  Tongue

And that hoop Samsara made is beautiful! It looks so wonderfully textured I wish I could reach out and touch it  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
PaperBeau
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013 11:33:55 AM »

whitterp - yep, I love that shirt! And I'd love the bag even more the other way round i'd reckon - nice idea for it to be reversable!!

katriana - in my mind, the motivation in yoga has to always come from an at least semi-spiritual place, because a lot of the time it's tough and difficult and confusing. And that's the point! It's those things because control over the body = freedom for the soul. try doyogawithme.com - Fiji McAlpine is a really good instructor for adding depth to your yoga practice without going overly spiritual, maybe that will help Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013 11:37:20 AM »

Yes, I did make the candle Paper Beau Smiley The little lavender sprig on the top of the sugar scrub was one from my garden and was flowering when I picked it - looks a little less fresh now sadly Smiley It's all scented with lavender, geranium and ylang ylang, so it should be quite relaxing. The bag was sort of drafted in the garden with my yoga mat for size, then I assembled the pieces later on my sewing machine when it was a little cooler (the assembling comment was a red herring by the way, did it keep you guessing?) The hoop has a little hook on the top so it's all ready for hanging Smiley  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw an Architectural Detail
How to Draw an Architectural Wall Section
How to Draw an Elevation
How to Draw a Floor Plan
Eric Daman Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...