A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crafty/bead/trinket stores in or around halifax?!  (Read 6135 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ponyup
« on: July 07, 2005 07:25:17 PM »

does anybody know of some good ones?
i am looking for earring hooks in silver and crafts canada doesn't seem to be carrying them.
suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NessaGurl
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005 05:07:46 AM »

I don't know of any physical stores around Halifax that I could point you to...but if you don't mind ordering on-line...here are a couple of good canadian bead sites...

Northern Bead Company http://www.northernbead.com/

John Bead Corp http://www.johnbead.com/aboutus.shtml

Hope this helps...

NessaGurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
spinster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005 03:40:24 PM »

hi there
'the bead pod' downtown, on grafton street should have eveything you're looking for! (it's just past pizza corner)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ponyup
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005 07:36:16 PM »

I don't know of any physical stores around Halifax that I could point you to...but if you don't mind ordering on-line...here are a couple of good canadian bead sites...

Northern Bead Company http://www.northernbead.com/

John Bead Corp http://www.johnbead.com/aboutus.shtml

Hope this helps...

NessaGurl

thanks. (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ponyup
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005 07:37:01 PM »

hi there
'the bead pod' downtown, on grafton street should have eveything you're looking for! (it's just past pizza corner)

thank you! i will have to check it out sometime this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LetterGhost
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005 08:24:32 PM »

Bead Pod is a great store! They have a lot of really nice beads and pendants. You've never been in there?...bring lots of money. (or maybe, DON'T bring lots of money if you don't have a lot to blow. I always go a little crazy in there... so many lovely beads...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
downeaster_alexa
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005 11:05:31 AM »

Another place you might want to check is the Photo Memories store that is down in the same strip center as Quizno's down in Bayer's Lake. I can't remember if they had findings or not, but remember I was impressed at their selection of beads, especially considering that it primarily a scrapbooking store.

Since I posted this in the other Halifax thread, I figured I'd pass this along to you guys too...I'm happy to report that we are getting a Michael's! I have a friend whose company won a bunch of construction contracts down in Bayer's Lake and, according to him, one of them is a Michael's. If I understood him correctly, it will be right next to the Old Navy.

I don't know if you guys have ever been to a Michael's (definitely my favorite craft store back home in Texas), but they have tons of jewelry findings, wires, and beads. Plus, since they get to bulk buy most things are relatively inexpensive and they usually send out a 40% off coupon every week to people who are on their mailing list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ponyup
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005 10:37:44 AM »

Since I posted this in the other Halifax thread, I figured I'd pass this along to you guys too...I'm happy to report that we are getting a Michael's! I have a friend whose company won a bunch of construction contracts down in Bayer's Lake and, according to him, one of them is a Michael's. If I understood him correctly, it will be right next to the Old Navy.

I don't know if you guys have ever been to a Michael's (definitely my favorite craft store back home in Texas), but they have tons of jewelry findings, wires, and beads. Plus, since they get to bulk buy most things are relatively inexpensive and they usually send out a 40% off coupon every week to people who are on their mailing list.

oh really!? that is good news. i went there when i was in toronto (i believe) and was jealous that we didn't have one here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
downeaster_alexa
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005 12:24:04 PM »

Last year I saw a job advertisement for managers at a Michael's in Halifax so I was pretty sure we were getting one. It was great getting confirmation on that. I don't know if you've been to the one on Moncton yet, but if it's anywhere near as nice as that one then I'll be a happy camper.

Now if I can just get someone to put a Hobby Lobby and a Target here... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
perilously_divine
Moi

Keep on Rock'n in the Craft World

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006 06:56:34 AM »

i love the bead pod to bits, but it pretty pricey. try www.beadfx.com they are extremely reasonabley priced, and its in CDN prices.. Super good place to work with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sport a "Shorts Suit"
Shorts to Make You Look Slimmer
Choosing the Right Shorts For Your Age
How to Wear Jean Shorts
The Top 5 Styles of Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...