A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft with a Fat Quarter Swap 2 (Sign-ups CLOSED, SO August 19th)  (Read 7817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GlassKicker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2013 01:27:42 AM »

Goodness, halblingefrau!  I certainly hope you're not too banged up!  Though being confined to the sewing machine wouldn't necessarily be all that terrible....

Spent another afternoon at the quilt shop......having trouble deciding which route to go - I've bought multiple sets of fq's to choose from....oh my heck, what to do, what to do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2013 06:47:39 PM »

I remember reading on Craftster lots of time about people being so busy that they just don't have time to get to their crafting and concerned that they are running behind on swaps.  Honestly, I couldn't understand that because our lives just aren't that busy and never really have been.  I was a stay-at-home, home schooling mom but I always seemed to find time to craft.  Now that I have adult children and I only work 2 days a week, I find I have lots of time.

However, I've learned a lot the last few weeks about not being able to find crafting time!!  It's not because I'm too busy, it's because my mind is so full of other thoughts I find I just can't concentrate.  Our youngest son is moving across Canada the end of August to be closer to his fiancée who moved 'home' 2 weeks ago.  Our older son and his wife have decided they want to leave small town life behind and move to the big city.  Although they told us back in February they would be moving this fall, it's only been this week that they've finally decided where to go and just tonight told us they are moving the week before our younger son leaves.  We don't understand their reasoning but have to remember it's their lives.

Crafting has been the last thing on my mind and yet I'm in three swaps.  Finally today I told myself I HAD to get to it and so I started with this swap.  I was able to decide on my project(s), get one mostly finished and then I hit the local quilt shop to find some things I was missing.  I scored the perfect FQs for sending and also found a product I hope existed but wasn't sure.  That cheered me up! and it was good to concentrate on something other than the fact that both our 'kids' are moving away in the same month.

Sorry to go like this but I just needed to share and figured someone here would understand  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EnginerdLisa
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2013 07:24:33 PM »

I was a stay-at-home, home schooling mom but I always seemed to find time to craft. 

So glad to hear someone say this!  I am pregnant with my first, planning to be a stay at home mom.  I was irritated because someone in the family tried to say that instead of turning our guest room into a nursery I should give up my craft room because "I won't have any time to craft once I have a child".  I am determined otherwise!  It is good to hear someone whit experience say that it is possible.

Side note, I finished two projects today and love them both, have a decent size scrap left over and am deciding what to do with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2013 11:17:44 PM »

it was good to concentrate on something other than the fact that both our 'kids' are moving away in the same month.

Sorry to go like this but I just needed to share and figured someone here would understand  Smiley

It's one thing to be an "empty nester" because our children are grown and have moved out. It's another thing entirely when they move so far away that they're no longer close enough to drop by for a meal or a quick visit. It's not unusual to feel grief or depression when close relationships change. It may not be easy, but you can get past this state and find peace with the new situations. Staying busy does help, but sharing your feelings also can be a big help. Glad you felt comfortable enough to share with the rest of us. Best wishes for you while adjusting to your new circumstances.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
51/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Use What You Have Swap
GlassKicker

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2013 10:00:03 AM »

it was good to concentrate on something other than the fact that both our 'kids' are moving away in the same month.

Sorry to go like this but I just needed to share and figured someone here would understand  Smiley

It's one thing to be an "empty nester" because our children are grown and have moved out. It's another thing entirely when they move so far away that they're no longer close enough to drop by for a meal or a quick visit. It's not unusual to feel grief or depression when close relationships change. It may not be easy, but you can get past this state and find peace with the new situations. Staying busy does help, but sharing your feelings also can be a big help. Glad you felt comfortable enough to share with the rest of us. Best wishes for you while adjusting to your new circumstances.

Agreed.  :-)  My youngest is 19.  The other day he casually mentioned that he needs to get his passport because he has been invited to Canada for Thanksgiving with his girlfriend's family....(her folks are up in Vancouver for the next 2-4 years).....now I love his girlfriend, and really would be quite pleased if they made it through college and started a life together, but I sure did feel a bit of a twinge over it!  We are fortunate, in that they are both at Boise State, so basically here, we see them a LOT, and she spends quite a bit of time at our place, so it's only fair that I not fuss about one little holiday now and then!

Even though both boys are off to college, things haven't really changed all that much.  I think the 'passport moment' was my first inkling that they will be changing soon......I know it's okay, and we raised them well and that's the point right?  To make sure we have given them the tools and they are capable of venturing off into the world on their own?  Just a twinge of sadness to go along with them I guess.........
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013 10:41:10 AM by GlassKicker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2013 09:14:26 PM »

Im still here, still breathing and crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2013 01:47:08 PM »

I'm finished!!!  It's amazing what you can get done when you buckle down.  Hope to mail on Monday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2013 07:17:33 PM »

Nice! I am done with one item but have a few ideas for the next one...not sure which option I am going for next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2013 07:51:15 PM »

I seem to have a lot of help from a certain four-legged redhead this round... I think he misses my lap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carmenmarie
I like getting crafty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2013 10:51:46 PM »

I have found the perfect little projects to make for this swap.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand Text Behavior - Motion 3
How to Create a Sin City Effect - Apple Color
How to Use the Warper - Shake 4
How to Remove Tracking Markers - Shake 4
How to Do Slipping Technique - Shake 4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...