A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NeedleBook Rd2 Swap - Gallery - SO 06/24  (Read 3519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

P_E_S_T
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013 09:29:17 AM »

Just to say I have received - but en route to France so will add photos in a couple of weeks when I'm home xxx thankyou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
P_E_S_T

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013 10:27:21 AM »

I'm just a little worried that my partner hasn't recieved yet - c'mon postman !!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

And felted all day long
mangomerle
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013 05:53:31 PM »

I got totally spoiled by P_E_S_T and I love it all!

Picture of everything together, all on top of two lovely embroidered cloths. I will likely cut them up for my in-progress 1-inch hex quilt top. They will go very nicely with the lace and vintage fabrics from my great-grandmother's stash that I have put together already.

Felted, embroidered cuff that both I and baby love as well as wrapping ribbons.

needlebook page 1
This needlebook is so awesome and will fit my varied needle collection perfectly!

needlebook page 2

needlenook page 3

pincushion from upcycled egg cup, wooden leaf for my birdies to chew up

card, feathers, and handspun nettle yarn (LOVE the yarn especially!)

There was also fudge for the hubby, but I handed that over and haven't seen it since.

Thank you so, so much! I hope you enjoyed your bits and bobs as much I enjoyed getting this package!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013 06:05:32 PM by mangomerle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
.:dollface:.
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013 02:19:55 PM »

Fantastic swap package!  Living the needle book!  Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
P_E_S_T

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013 03:12:06 AM »

Im so sorry its taken me so long to post my lovely package from Mangomarie. - but I have been in France Smiley
I opened my package and was instantly warmed by the homemade ness of it all. Theres something so lovely about the fullness of all the textures that just has me looking at all my little bits again and again.......

so - full shot..

Inside we find 2 hand dyed bits of cloth which I will so be incorporating into my latest prayer flags project.
A really curious nut shell (what an earth is it !!!( I love it, so does my eldest !) HAnd made soap, a little hand sewn patch of a fish - which again is so going on my prayer flag (unless the littlest pinches it), some lovely orange lace ribbon, an owl pin, and my needle book...........

The needle book is covered in a hand dyed cloth and the inside is shrunken wool (so approve of this because I do it to make blankets). Its a butterfly, which I just love because that's my spirit animal and also I have a huge butterfly tattoo on my back. Now - if truth be known, I don't think it will end up as a needle book, Im currently working on a huge patchwork blanket to go on my bed and I think this will just have to flutter on there Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And felted all day long
mangomerle
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013 11:19:46 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/313214_27Jul13_needle3.JPG
Inside we find 2 hand dyed bits of cloth which I will so be incorporating into my latest prayer flags project.
A really curious nut shell (what an earth is it !!!( I love it, so does my eldest !) HAnd made soap, a little hand sewn patch of a fish - which again is so going on my prayer flag (unless the littlest pinches it), some lovely orange lace ribbon, an owl pin, and my needle book...........

Yay! I wasn't quite sure you'd like it all, to be honest. It felt kind of hodgepodge and I didn't have time to wrap anything, either. The fabrics and lace are all eco-dyed; one with oak leaves, one with onions, and the lace with annatto seeds. The shell is from a native tree here in Tennessee, USA called a black walnut. They usually have a lot of spiky, woody bits sticking out, but this one was tucked away by a squirrel and forgot about for a couple of years so it's been smoothed out some. (It also sprouted a tree!) I love collecting them and hoped you'd enjoy one.

I also forgot to say that the head on the butterfly is removable so you can store really big needles inside the body instead of the pages. It can just be glued in place instead so it can have another purpose if you like. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013 06:33:05 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mangomerle
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013 11:23:25 PM »

Ooh! Just thought. It might be really fun to write down affirmations or poetry and such onto paper to roll up and stick inside the body!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Keeneland Chicken Salad in Bread Bowl Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles Recipe
Original Cheese Fries Casserole Recipe
Holiday Potato Yeast Rolls Recipe
Thanksgiving Roast Turkey Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...