A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Secret Swap (SIgnups July 8-21; Sendouts Sept. 1st)  (Read 34425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2013 02:29:27 PM »

That's kind of a hard question...  it would depend.  If I was with Dh it would be slightly different than if were just myself.

With him, it may be someplace where we can both explore.  Maybe someplace like Italy, England, the Netherlands, or France so we can take in the historical sites, food, and museums, and he can also see the war memorials.  Or Australia, New Zealand, or the US (Hawaii, Alaska-for the hiking, fishing, hunting).  Or China, for the historicalmonuments, and my history.  Ireland or Scotland, for his.

If it were just me, the it would be craft based - Austria for Swarovski and other crystals, India for silks,  glass beads, etc, Japan for Toho and Miyuki beads, etc.  Or opt for an experience, such as going to bead fest in Arizona, or somesuch.

Or DH and I could go together to Wacken Germany for the outdoor metal festival there... that could be awesome too.

What is this beadfest you speak of??? I live in AZ and have never heard of it...

I would love to travel to Europe but... I really hate flying.  So I would probably love to spend a week at a Disney resort or in San Diego
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2013 03:09:08 PM »

I would love to go to Australia.

I'm behind on my crafting for sure.  I'm wondering if I need to take a new direction....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2013 03:15:35 PM »

If you could visit any country for free for one week, where would you go?

Only a week??? gee that's not long enough for anywhere! LOL If travel time was not included in said week, Greece.  If I could go for a lot longer, New Zealand. New Zealand is on my bucket list of places to live for a year. The sheep! The spinning companies! The beautiful temperatures! ha, that wasn't the question... Wink
I wouldn't mind heading to Iceland too... but again, I'd need longer then a week.
... I really need to win the lottery so I can do all these awesome things I dream of.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitterp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: August 16, 2013 03:48:13 PM »

Spain and Australia are at the top of my list right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.whitneymakes.wo rdpress.com

pinterest.com/whitneymakes
Eiseldora
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2013 03:59:30 PM »

I'd love to go to Germany or other parts of Europe. I don't speak German so that would be hard. My back up plan is England and its nearby countries.

Both of my parents have German heritage, and part of my husband's family is German(the other half is Italian), but after World World II our family did everything they could to deny their German heritage.

I'd love to learn more about the Culture. Visit the Schwarzwald, and tour a castle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #395 on: August 16, 2013 04:55:00 PM »

there are actually many, and they are in Tucson, and I have been lusting to go there for years.  I was so jealous last year when my neighbours daughter in  law got a job with a bead supply co. and got to go to a few.

I thought the Bead and Button show is there too, but it is in Wisconsin.

Here is a guide to the one from this year
http://www.jewelryshowguide.com/

here is a bit for 2014

http://www.thetucsonbeadshow.com/index.php

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2013 06:28:11 PM »

My pick would be Australia or Germany. My Grandparents on dads side came to the US from Germany and my dad spoke German. 

I think I am down to 1 item left and then I will be ready to send.  Gotta work tomorrow In-service is all next week and then the kids come back on the 26th!  Where did the summer go?Huh?   Although I work  year round  I do get 4 weeks vacation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2013 07:07:58 PM »

For those of you thinking Canada, here is some crafty incentive.  I have been going to this show for over a decade, and taking workshops there for the past 4 years and it is a blast to spend so many days with other artisans and enthusiasts learning new thing.  I just confirmed my registration for this Fall.  Also, if you do ever go to Toronto, drop me a line and I would be happy to point out crafty stores and places of interest!

http://csnf.com/index.html

I can't believe I am actually going to say this (Albertans never say this).....but right now I wish I lived closer to Toronto so I could go to this show.  I'm driving through Ontario but in early September and we don't have time to stop and shop as we are helping our son move to PEI and I think a shopping delay would get him just a little upset.

Swap wise - next week is my time to craft - a lull between one son moving and the other moving (sadly both out of our city.)  I will need to craft for therapy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker

« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2013 10:27:20 AM »

Oh my goodness!  Sooooooooooo many places.  Both of my parents were Air Force and I was born in Japan, but was very young when we left, so I'd love to visit!  My family is Irish - grandparents came over on the boat - and I'd LOVE to go there.  Being raised in a military family, we were fortunate to live in and travel around Europe and I've always wanted to go back, but also, I've not seen as much of this country as I would like.  I'd really enjoy a week spent doing the New York-Boston-Philly-DC trek - such history!  My dad's side of the family is from Boston and I get back for a QUICK visit and to catch a game every few years or so, but would really like time to just explore that whole historic corridor.  And my most coveted trip would be a cross-country baseball stadium tour!  I've been to several, and of course Fenway many times, but to hit a bunch in one road trip would be stellar - would really like to get to Wrigley one day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #399 on: August 17, 2013 06:13:47 PM »

1 week to travel....  like most of us, there are too many options!  Indonesia, France, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, the Galapagos Islands, the Florida Keys (not a country but I wanna go) Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Makeup Secret That Will Make Your Skin Glow
Jaclyn Smith’s Beauty Secrets!
Rachel Zoe Spring 2014 - New York Fashion Week - Behind the Scenes & Runway
Think Like a Star with This Celeb Inspired Makeup Look
A Natural Static Killer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...