A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ok totally oddities inspired lmao  (Read 1263 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artista83
« on: July 05, 2013 12:17:51 PM »

ok so if you watch oddities, you might know that many of the people that shop in the store look for stuff to commemorate weird things. like some guy got something to represent when he had something removed or some such.

it totally made me think , and it is the wierdest idea i ever thought of. ever had anything taken out ? i have to get my gallbladder taken out bc of a stone, and on that show, oddly enough people bring in stones and such. i dont think they even show you that stuff at the hospital anymore lmao.

needless to say, i feel uber weird about having an organ taken away and im going to miss it just because it will be my first surgury ever!

i wish i knew how to crochet or ami or something bc i totally want an ami gallbladder with a lil fake stone lmao, now that sounds oddities show like right?

maybe we can do an oddities show inspired swap or somethin? have they ever done a swap based off the idea of that show before?  i know it sure was a wierd thought. i still have my appendix and my tonsils though! go figure lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013 05:50:04 PM »

Love this swap idea!   Smiley

It seems unfair they won't let you keep your gallbladder in a jar.  Have you asked if you can have it?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
artista83
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013 07:45:58 PM »

lmao!!! although  ithink it is an interesting idea...they probably would find it weird lol.

afraid to ask! plus having 3 kids as i do, i wouldnt put it past the kids to break a jar!

i had a catscan once, lol i kept the images bc it was soo interesting to see

do you watch oddities?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013 05:37:21 AM »

I watched Oddities for awhile but haven't watched it lately.  Also the spin-off with Edgar Oliver, which I think only had a few episodes.     
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013 10:50:39 AM »

yeah i think the season is over for now, i record them to watch when i can but no more lately to record! i also watched some of the spin off episodes but i think i like the original better.

i think seeing mine in a jar might freak me out a lil. i will just have to learn to crochet and make one lol. then i will put that one in a bottle!, maybe i would make a clear panel on it with a fake stone in it lmao!

after watching oddities i really thought the stones looked differently that what i found out! apparently they look like if you had two pyramids bottom to bottom to form a prism diamond thingy.  no wonder they hurt! points!

i wish that shows next season would start! even when the some of the stuff is super freaky or kinda gross, i just cant stop watching ! i just looovvvee wierd interesting things.

i saw this one where they made masks, and used human hair from when people got hair cuts. they did paper-machete and they did it bc hair lasts a long time so it kept the masks over hundreds of years, oh wait some of them were screen masks also that were painted, they looked really cool when people wear them.

i love the old style plague doctor masks, i saw an aceo on ebay of a scene with a plague doctor! i wanted it sooo bad but i only collect hand painted and it was a print so i didnt get it. one of these days i will have to put up a thread in the atc section and show my aceo collection. they are pretty cool! i would of course name the artists in my thread. there are a couple of artists on there that i have been collecting there stuff without even meaning to.. just clicked stuff bc i liked it and found it to be the same artist! most recent additions are a zombie cat, another zombie entitled muerto, and lots of artistic portraits using color to cause emotion so not traditional colors.

i am thinking about doing two new themes along with my women as objects ones: side show, and oddities...ok and maybe in the oddities one would be specimen jar cards.

do you know if they ever did a swap like oddities or the like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunty.hela

Would love to do personal swaps?!?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013 06:01:10 PM »

im interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artista83
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013 10:20:52 PM »

if no one hosts this swap, maybe we can do a personal mini swap or something with everyone that wants to? who knows! fun fun!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013 10:44:24 AM »

I still think an Oddities swap would be interesting and fun, so I'm bumping this!  Smiley

Maybe after the Sideshow Swap is over, folks will want to do more weird stuff....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013 01:08:36 PM »

hehe i hope so! i just posted a whole bunch of wierdness on pinterest! i have an oddities stuff board and a creature type board for inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013 02:50:44 PM »

Urg, the medical oddities are sometimes a bit hard to take.   Tongue 

Here's another site for creepy taxidermy (or just bad taxidermy, often): http://crappytaxidermy.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 14/26
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 9/13
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 15/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 11/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 12/26
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...