A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Gifts for Little Girls  (Read 5882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

abbie

I didn't lose my mind... i sold it on ebay!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004 04:32:47 PM »

thankz for the tips!!i will do it!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004 08:22:34 PM »

HardCandy63: They are called latch hook kits. I have a dragon fly one right now. They sell them at Michael's  and A.C Moore. IO don't know abput Joann's.

my aunt used to give me covered shoeboxes full of craft gear when i was little and i loved it! good present!

other fun things (who cares what they are for? kids will think of something):

-colored pom poms
-pipecleaners
-googly eyes
-lick-n-stick shapes
-ribbons, fancy sticker tape (glow-in-the-dark, etc)
-big beads, small beads, buttons
-special markers (erasable, color change...)
-little packs of novelty crayons (glitter, dayglo...)
-scissors that cut scalloped borders
And maybe you could put in those things that are shaped ike zig-zags and are very colorful. Or they have sand art kits. Jsut don;t shake them. I learned  that the hard way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Enjoy the ice cream while it's on your plate."
                      - Thorton Wilder
(Personally I have never heard of Thorton but I like that quote!)
swimgirl52

Dear Mr. Duck .... Thanks for inventing tape!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004 04:40:54 PM »

I have twin half-sisters turning 7 next month, and for their birthdays I'm making them the totebags from http://www.sewfastseweasy.com/, and I was wanting to "stuff" the bags with some more fun (and inexpensive) crafty items. Problem is, I'm stumped as to any ideas.
So, any of you wonderfully crafty and creative people have any ideas of some fun things that I could make that little girls would enjoy?
Thanks!

you could make them a "puffy bracelet" (look it up on the search bar its in there somewhere) or make those little marble magnets with like hilary duff (?) or things they like - little girls love just random baubles and trinkets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teehee
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004 06:57:06 PM »

Do you have a Dollar Tree store? Everything's $1 and they have tons of stuff. I found big stamps there. They also had some kid's craft kits. One had foam door hangers and the fixins to decorate it. They had another set with pipe cleaners, fabric and beads to make a fairy doll.

I think it'd be fun to add some print outs of hand puppets or other finished projects to give them inspiration. Gel pens and washable glitter paint pens are always great. Scrap fabric and rick rack would be fun too.

DUH! I just realized the OP is from March Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FairyWings
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004 11:20:53 AM »

sock monkey kit!,  i hear they are fairly simple to make with the kit, so if you could find a kit to buy at a shop * too late to order online* that'd be nice
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004 10:45:16 PM »

i found a bunch of craft supply and kits at the dollar store for my baby sister for christmas. i found a make your own purse and make your own fairies at the dollar tree. dollar stores are the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiebug
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005 12:53:43 PM »

Perhaps some small lip balm containers from Michaels or the Container Store (you could even reuse ones you already have) and instructions on making their own flavored gloss. You could include packets of KoolAid and/or lemonade for flavoring.

Various colors of embroidery floss and a book or page of instructions for making friendship bracelets.

Good luck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin

http://lemonsicle.blogspot.com/
DallionWings
Sometimes troublesome things

woogie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2005 09:32:08 PM »

i cant remember for the life of me what they were called but i use to get those little boxed craft kits all the time (make your own angel pins, etc.) i cant remember the company anme but they were in a little box and they had a very distinct look about them, you knew they were this line. damn! now i want to think of this company!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-brit-
gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005 01:52:37 PM »

Someone may have already mentioned this somewhere (I'm at work and trying to not get caught slacking off)  Wink

When I was younger my friends and I used to LOVE decorating t-shirts, bags and canvas sneakers with fabric paint.  You could always find some plain t's and totes at craftstores or Walmart and get some fabric paint (oooh or dye for tye dyeing to be done outdoors or someplace where dye stains don't matter).  We also used to glue sequins and applique things on but I can't remember what kind of glue we were using. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005 10:41:24 PM »

(yes I know this is a very old thread but if anyone else needs this.)
It would be cute to give them a pair of plain canvasy shoes or a plain pencil case each, along with a whole bunch of different kinds of sequins, and some decent glue.
They could decorate them as they please.
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Superhero Origins: Beast
The Dynamic History of Stencil Art
How to Draw an Ant
How to Draw Bigbird from Sesame Street
How to Draw Michael Jackson
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...