A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July Ongoing Pinterest Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 16644 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artista83
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2013 10:12:33 AM »

just got into yarn and yarn fibers!!!!! totally see soo much i loooovvvee! want to make yarn falls and use the textured colored mix yarns for scrappy art dolls and making artsy clothing! started an i love yarn board! i have maybe 5 textured yarn my neighbor gave me. i think though after seeing all these i just became an addict! and i now have crochet hooks....now to learn how to use them ummm where do i start? lol

fibers fibers fibers! where do i go to get fibers!? sooo new at this but so loving fibers and textured yarns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2013 12:54:05 PM »

Oh man, I received from Breegy today and these things are totally awesome!

Big Lebowski perler bead coasters! SO COOL!

Thanks, Breegy! The Dude is happily abiding on my coffee table!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Breegy

Craft On!

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2013 01:13:40 PM »

IDK about the whole fibers thing, but I can tell you how i began to learn how to crochet. I started off by learning how to chain, and practiced that for a while, then I practiced single crochet for a while, and after that I learned to read simple patterns. (like scarves) It's fairly easy once you get the hang of how to hold the needle and yarn. Youtube was my resource for teaching myself. After you have those three things down, that's the basics and you can just figure things out from there.

Also, I'm glad you like them polly! they took forevveer, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GingerKnitter
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2013 02:50:06 PM »

I learned with Lion Brand's learning center and Youtube. My problem in the beginning was that I could never get my stitch count right because I wasn't counting and I didn't know where to put my hook. Like after doing a chain, you might do one chain extra and then put hook into second chain from hook. Does this pattern carry through the rest of the pattern? Are you supposed to chain, turn work, and skip a V in the previous below? Do you crochet into the V next to the chain. Are you supposed to do your last stitch of the row in the turning chain of the last row? Etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pollyprissypants

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2013 02:55:28 PM »

just got into yarn and yarn fibers!!!!! totally see soo much i loooovvvee! want to make yarn falls and use the textured colored mix yarns for scrappy art dolls and making artsy clothing! started an i love yarn board! i have maybe 5 textured yarn my neighbor gave me. i think though after seeing all these i just became an addict! and i now have crochet hooks....now to learn how to use them ummm where do i start? lol

fibers fibers fibers! where do i go to get fibers!? sooo new at this but so loving fibers and textured yarns!

There are some really awesome youtube tutorials. Also, craftsy.com has some online classes. You can check out any local craft store (including big chains, like Hobby Lobby or Michaels) for classes they offer. My mom taught me the basics, but when I want or need something new, I youtube. It's cheap as free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alterknitive

What fun creativity is!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2013 01:32:25 AM »

Welcome to the world of fibre arts!  I learned crochet from youtube (very recently), and I'm not really sure if I'm holding the hook right.  My knitting technique isn't perfect either, but I can get projects done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be the change you wish to see in the world", Mahatma Gandhi
artista83

« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2013 07:45:26 AM »

omg for the last couple days didi has been waking me up every two hours, i am soooo exhausted! sh wnt leet me get any deep sleep! i am super cranky and my husband isn't home from out of state yet so no rest! i love her to goodness but i cant wait until hubby gets home. i need a nap soooo bad! didi wants to play, ive tried toys, her bouncy seat and micky mouse, as she used to watch one episode and it would give me a tiny break, now she isnt content unless i am up and right next to her.

she wont take a bottle so i cant get a sitter! its going to be hard on the 1st bc i cant nurse her for a while after my surgery. i cant remember bc i never did it can someone remind me how long mothers milk can be in the fridge? i dont know if i can store as much as she needs for that time, but maybe some i hope . i am nervouse that she might cry the whole time and wont take a bottle and i will need rest more than ever then! any ideas on what i can do?

i need advice bf then too especially on how i might be able to get some sleep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
pollyprissypants

« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2013 09:06:17 AM »

Welcome to the world of fibre arts!  I learned crochet from youtube (very recently), and I'm not really sure if I'm holding the hook right.  My knitting technique isn't perfect either, but I can get projects done.

Haha! My knitting technique is wonky, too- I jam the left needle to be held steady in my armpit! SO WEIRD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GingerKnitter
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2013 08:51:59 PM »

So I asked Dessadoll if it was alright to post a picture of the amigurumi rabbit I had made her and she said yes. I'm very excited because this is the first ami project I have done and it was a joy to craft for Dessadoll and I hope she loves it as well! Along with the rabbit I sent some wool since she has an interest in needle felting!

The ears can be posed as well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dessadoll
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2013 09:51:14 PM »

I love her!  And decided to name her Phoebe.  This picture doesn't do her justice, and is also missing the adorable flower on her ear.  I will still try and post one very soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Philly Cheese Steak with Cheez Whiz
How to Cook Salmon with Vegetables
How to make Dazzling Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
Southern Catfish Chowder Recipe
How to Make a Pan Seared Pork Chops
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...