A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: oh so ugly shoes. ideas to make them awesome?  (Read 1064 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pyromaniac96
« on: July 07, 2005 03:13:41 PM »

I have two old, very ugly pairs of shoes (from payless!) that I bought a few years ago. Now that they've been in the back of my closet for a while, I want to do something with them so that my feet will not feel ashamed to be seen in them.
does anyone have any suggestions to make them cool/pretty/less hideous?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010 12:10:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
xstillxherex72
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005 05:57:12 PM »

hmm. i think on the brown and white ones i would paint the union jack on the heel thingy and paint the straps black. on the black you could do bright red and zebra. Or on the white and brown ones you could paint the brown yellow, the white black and in black stencil on the heel thing a corrosive symbol and a CAUTION : CORROSIVE or something. thats the best part about high heeled sandal thingys like that  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patriautism
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005 06:06:00 PM »

I say make the white straps blue (maybe some faux suede from joanns hot glued on---would that work?) for that weird 70's combination that seems to work and hunt down a cool pair of earrings/broches/whatnots and attach them to the middle of the black ones---I think they could easily look a bit more vintage/cool that way. I saw a girl with a pair almost like the black ones that had a little leather flower in the middle of the strap---you could probably find something like that in the hairbands and brushes section of the drugstore. I've seen a lot of hair ties with giant flowers on them lately. Or there's always 1 inch punk buttons. That might look cool on the black ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LRS
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005 06:50:03 PM »

Sharpies; buttons (glued or sewed); crochet strips to cover the straps; tiny bows; or larger bows.

LRS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bags & purses:  Elaress.etsy.com
fabric bowls & boxes: ElaressAtHome.etsy.com
radio show/webcast:  www.FrugalYankee.com
qtkyuuko

So crafty, I pee glitter!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005 07:06:09 PM »

the white ones would be super cute if you cut the straps of about 1 in from the base and knit/crochet a center piece and use the stubs to connect the piece (fold over the straps to make loops..... then you could have espadrille like shoozies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wasabipeasrule

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005 07:12:07 PM »

The white ones need to be rhinsestoneified. For the black ones, I think it would be kinda hot if you took the bow off (that is a bow on them, right? I cant see it too well) and splattered them with blots of white paint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watermelon Summer Salad & Trout With Crab Meat Stuffing
Best Fast Food Customer Service 2015
How to Make BBQ Sauce
How to Make Blueberry Yum Yum
How to Make Tangy Grilled Peach Slaw
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...