It’s always fun to receive things in the mail, so let’s make some mail art!
Mail Art SwapCraftster member who is organizing this swap:
loves2experimentSign-up date range:
07/01/13 through 07/06/13 (or earlier if the swap fills up!
)Date to send item by:
July 19, 2013 (Friday)Limited to a certain number of people?
20Restricted to people who all live in the same country?
Nope! Please note that by signing up for this swap you are agreeing to ship internationally if your partner lives outside of your country!Age requirement?
Swap participants must be at least 18 years old!Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that a USPS tracking number is required for this swap: Yes*
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes*
*USPS tracking numbers and mailing receipts are not required for this swap, but you will have to resend if your envelope does not arrives at its destination.
DETAILS OF SWAP:
For this swap, you will decorate an envelope, pop something in it and send it off to your partner (and why yes, you’ll receive an envelope in return)! Partners will be assigned randomly (no favouritism here!) so you could be receiving mail from…anywhere!
About the envelope. This is mail art, so let’s get creative. You will embellish an envelope (whatever size you’d like to work with!) to the best of your ability. Feel free to draw, stamp or use whatever method you like to make it attractive. If you’re new to mail art, do a search on “mail art” and check out all the wonderful examples for inspiration. You may also wish to check out Good Mail Day: A Primer for making eye-popping postal art by Jennie Hinchliff and Carolee Giligan Wheeler for further inspiration.
ETA: There was a query about envelope sizes and I posted a response here based on USPS guidelines for letters http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425077.msg5059914#msg5059914
Now let’s talk about the content in the envelope. Although the focus is on mail art (i.e. decorating the envelope), it’s pretty sad to receive an envelope with nothing in it. So please include something (relatively flat so that your envelope isn’t stretched to its seams!) in the envelope before dropping it off in the postbox. Stumped? Here are some ideas on what you could put in the envelope: a notecard, stickers, a bookmark, a letter, a favourite recipe you’d like to share, a poem, an affirmation card, tips for a favourite craft, a craft pattern, a treasure map (just kidding…), etc. Other housekeeping details and what-nots…
1. I reserve the right to refuse anyone who has a history of multiple instances of poor communication and/or late sending.
2. You need to make at least one post in this thread.
3. Check the swap thread regularly. Feel free to exchange tips and techniques about mail art and talk about what you’re working on. And yes, you may also discuss ideas about what you’re planning to include in your envelope!
4. For this swap, USPS tracking numbers and mailing receipts are not required, but you will have to resend if your envelope does not arrives at its destination.
5. Communication is essential! If you’re having issues with the swap, or if you’re sending late (for whatever reasons), you must contact the organizer. Also, please remember to let your partner and organizer know via pm when you send and/or receive envelopes. Poor communication will be noted in your feedback QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Mail Art Swap
Real name and mailing address (including the country):
Please confirm that you are at least 18 years old! (Yes/No)
Do you promise to resend if your envelope does not arrive at its destination?IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
onecrazymom <---> michelleandbean
alteredmommy <---> Scrapkatt
mariak <---> loves2experiment
teag <---> taraston
LovelyMiss <---> hgddm
Helcura <---> ThriftyLiving4U
amnesia <---> cmarion3
Smmarrt <---> artista83
Avesthel <---> 85%confusion
SonjaBoo <---> goatgoddess