A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 10: The Gallery  (Read 25977 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2013 07:16:09 PM »

Glad to help. <3 you too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Wise One
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2013 10:10:49 AM »

You know you've made a friend when the husband walks in with a package and asks, 'Are we going to visit Edel?' then sits down and waits while I open the package bursting at the seams.  He grabs for the lollypops thus no evidence of them except wrappers.

Check out this flamingo pillow.  It fits in with our quirky decorating.  Froggie likes it as much as me!  This will go into the Airstream when we travel and remain in our apartment for the rest of the time.  It's a perfect match for our purple sofa!  Yes, I did say purple.

A close-up to make you all jealous and to show off Edel's amazing art skills.  I really like artistic objects that are functional.  And this is certainly one, eh?!  Check out that vintage fabric and the ribbon and pompoms.  LOVE IT! 

Art can be hereditary too.  Edel's daughter got involved in this swap and made this SPECTACULAR stencil for a shirt for me!!!  Molly, I thank you so much for the thoughtful idea of me and my hubby as the hands.  There will be a special treat for you in Package #3  Cheesy  It fits me perfectly and I will think of you every time I wear it.  Huggs.

And for the final part of the package.  A Moresbag and a fully loaded Moresbag kit to make my own.  With extra directions on how to add a longer shoulder strap for those shopping trips when the bag is loaded with heavy items.  Our town recently banned plastic grocery bags citing Ireland as 'if they can do it, so can we.'  HAH!  I'm done with carrying my groceries out to the car in my arms with oranges rolling across the parking lot! 

You know, this swap is interesting in that it's different than the others I've participated in.  I really feel like I'm getting to know my partner.  And I feel like my partner is getting to know me.  See that tree fabric?  It's done in the Henri Matisse style who is my all time favorite artist.  Everything that Edel has made for me fits into my life seamlessly.  I guess this is why the swap is so long, eh?  It really takes the crafting for a 'stranger' to a whole new level.

RebelTrendsetter - thank you for putting together this swap and making such a huge commitment over such a long time period. 

Edel and Molly - thank you sooooo much for such a great package!  I have to go now to iron my pillow and eat some of that decadent European chocolate while I make another grocery bag with my DIY kit  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2013 12:12:30 PM »

Fabulous package!  That Edel is a spoiler Wink  I have a ton of reusable bags but always forget to actually use them.  I wish my city would get rid of the plastic bags so then I would be forced to remember! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2013 04:48:55 PM »

I am so glad that you like what I made and I love how you describe how they fit into your life..I made myself a matching pillow for my house. (I may have to go and eat some matching chocolate now too..)

Lindy, thanks for the kind words Smiley trust me, when they charge you the equivalent of about 40c for each plastic bag, you soon start to remember to bring shopping bags..lol...Ireland hasn't banned plastic bags, just banned stores from giving them out free, there is a mandatory charge on plastic shopping bags, which quickly adds up, when they brought in the 'ban' our plastic bag usage dropped about 96% in a year!!...which means a lot less litter...even though it is a giant PITA at times, I don't know anyone who doesn't support the ban. Incidentally, stores don't give paper bags as an alternative, unless you are buying stuff like clothing, ie non-grocery items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2013 09:25:25 AM »

If there was a plastic bag ban here the major drawback for my household is that I use those bags when I clean out the cat boxes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2013 09:56:01 AM »

Portland has a plastic bag ban too. We used them for the dogs.
It's funny when I was growing up, they would talk about how bad paper bags were and moved to plastic, now plastic is evil and paper is back.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2013 06:55:16 AM »

My partner and I have both been super super busy!  My package #2 arrived earlier this week but working 15 hours every day has left little time for craftster!!!!!   Boooo!!!

Here are the goodies that nostephot sent!

First up add to my stash fantastic fabric.  I am a fabricaholic  not ashamed to say and I love owls!  I have never seen these two print and there is 3 full yards, gotta find the perfect me item for both!

Next I have been wanting stuff for my trailer at the lake and this is spot on in my favorite color.  A vintage travel trailer that I will use as a pincushion, so needed and so chic!!!!!!!  It is hand sewn and made from felt.  I also got a scrap of trailer paper and must locate more on the internet if possible , I love it!!!!

Nostephot stalked me well.  I collect vintage board games without UPC codes and she sent me one called Society Today from 1971.

Here is a picture of part of my collection, how she could see all the titles to know I didn't have this one amazes me!  This is a 6 ft 3 in X 4 ft antique wardrobe.

Thanks for such a fun fantastic package #2.........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2013 07:02:59 AM »

Here are the things that I sent to nostephot!!!!!

We both have a love for Halloween so I decided to send a painted wood piece that I cut using the band saw. 

Next up for her favorite football team, 2 king size pillowcases, perfect for lounging.  Yes the Saint's (where she is from)  beat the Texans (where I am from)  in pre season last week.  We both enjoy football too!

I also added to the stash with some vintage quilt books and a quilt kit that includes fabric for a Thanksgiving Turkey wall hanging.  Nostephot  has a yearning to do more quilting!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2013 07:36:50 PM »

I'm super late in taking pictures of my second package from dharma_rebel!  Everything is amazing, and I have been so busy that I finally got a chance to actually look at all the awesomeness she sent!
Buttons, and papers, and stamps, and yarn!

One of my favorite things is this knitting kit!  It includes a book to keep track of my own patterns and designs, which is perfect because I am bad at following actual patterns, but I sometimes make stuff and want to remember what I did at the end....

And, also, this mason jar full of every color of hemp, stickers, and tags!

Yay!  Thank you, dharma_rebel!!  I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2013 05:23:11 AM »

What is the title of your knitting journal?  Is it something handmade or can I buy a copy somewhere?  It looks nifty!  You got a nice bunch of stuff, MC!  

edit*  I found it!  For others who are curious, it's called "Knit Notes: Explore * Design * Create"!  I put it on my wishlist!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013 05:27:39 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dr. Drew Ordon on His Book Better in 7
City of Lost Souls Mini Trailer
Dr. Michael Widlanski on His Book Battle for Our Minds
Matt Myklusch on the Message Behind the Jack Blank Adventures Series
Walter Stahr on His Book Seward
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...