A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 10: The Gallery  (Read 24699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plaidpineapple
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2013 06:31:59 AM »

A2K i love the oven mitt and the card. I love the idea of using the zippers for ties.  Great package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2013 07:41:36 AM »

A2K i love the oven mitt and the card. I love the idea of using the zippers for ties.  Great package.

I cut the ends off lots of zippers to get the length I want and have always saved them, thinking I might use them for something.  When I was searching through my crafty hoard for a piece of ribbon, I found them and thought they'd make great ties -- I just clipped the pieces apart, sewed them together in a long strip and voila -- instant "ribbon" with a crafty twist!  Cheesy
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ________________

Now to share packages 2 and 3 with you!  I received them from Avesthel yesterday!  I always love receiving from A. and this package was no exception!   The "medium" crafted item she sent me was this awesome journal, filled with interesting papers of all sizes.  (this is not really a medium, April!  more like a large, if you ask me!  but I'm not complaining!)

She used things like old greeting cards and calendar pages along with paint samples, the kind of envelopes bills come in . . .  here you see a little surprise tucked in the middle of the book -- a birthday greeting is followed by a calendar page where my birthday is marked!

She sent all sorts of ephemera and three hand carved stamps - a heart, a button, and a flower (you can see them in the middle of this next picture, if you look closely)!

The second part of package #2 was a DIY watercolor kit.  I love watercolors and, though I play around with them, I don't know much about it.  I received a book, paper and paints with a brush to get me started.  She also sent me tons of links for both painting and journaling via PM.

She sent me a little something extra:  these cool pins!  I love them and have had them pinned forever, so it was a really cool surprise to open these little sewing luxuries!

Package #3 was a bathrobe that I have been needing and wanting forever!  It's blue fleece and WARM!

Thanks, April!  You're a true craftster friend!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013 01:12:04 PM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2013 12:17:40 PM »

So many awesome things in the gallery! I love the Wizard of Oz tote, the blue journal with different pages in it, and the chicken kitchen towel set!

I received an awesome package from Beunruffled yesterday!

I found this beautifully decorated box on my porch! I love the idea of decorating the box we send to our swaps. I really like the colors and BONUS I can reuse the box as a pretty storage container!

The first thing I found when I opened the box was a bunch of fiberfill to add to my stash.

Then a bunch of different colored yarn! My cat tried to steal some and almost unrolled one of the larger yarn balls.

Finally, Beunruffled sent me the end of the roll of duct tape from decorating the box, some yarn needles, a book on amigurumi, AND she crocheted/needle felted a hook roll for me! Now the yarn and fiberfill make more sense!

And a pic of the inside of the hook roll. She even sent me some hooks for it!

Thank you so much Beunruffled! I love everything and can't wait to finally learn how to make my own amigurumi!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2013 02:54:23 PM »

I got my package a couple days ago but one of my kitties had to be declawed - for the third time.  Cry  I was a mess and he was playing it up to get extra sympathy so it took me longer than normal to post up. Sorry SmileyYogini. I absolutely LOVE everything. I am going to have to send you some extra extras to make up for all the wonderfulness!
 First up, a beautiful blue crochet hat with a pretty bit of bling to help set it off.  Cheesy

Then she sent me an amazing tote with a super cool painted skull face that I think is absolutely amazing! I hope yo had fun painting that SmileyYogini because it looks so fun! She also made me a Jack Skellington hoopla. This will go on my craft room wall! And a beautiful crochet necklace in my favorite color, gray!

Next up, some adorable cat buttons! These are SO cute! A trivet (is that what they are called?) for my kitchen. Some ouchless hair bands in great colors for my Monster High dolls and some neat Monster High tape! Some yummy Gummi bears, and a bling skull. And don't miss that little kitty in the middle. He looks like my Gozer who just had the surgery!

And my favorite item...

I'm an EWOK! As soon as I opened the box and saw this I put it on and declared just that. My husband stared and said, "You're going to wear that all winter aren't you?". I said, "Winter? I'm an Ewok!". LOL!
 And the only reason I am not smiling in the pics is that I had no idea how much older I look smiling. I feel all wrinkly. LOL!
 That you SO MUCH SmileyYogini! I loved everything!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2013 02:54:56 PM »

I got an awesome package #2 and #3 from bunny1kenobi on Thursday  Cheesy

She sent me a gorgeous hoopla based on Native American art that I love! She painted in the color which pops so well from the fabric and then embroidered all the edges. As well she sent me another book from her favorite series that I can't wait to read.

For my large final item, she made me this awesome hoodie that is such a snarky twist on ugly christmas sweaters! I was so tempted to try making this for myself but I'm glad she beat me to the punch. I told her I'm not waiting until christmas to wear this  Grin Grin

Thank you so much bunny for swapping with me. It was tons of fun getting to know you - I hope you like what I'm sending you for your final package as much as I love what you sent me  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2013 04:01:51 PM »

I LOVE that trex hoodie! I had to pin it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2013 04:34:39 PM »

You are most welcome!   Cheesy   I'm so glad you enjoyed everything and that you found the wee surprise in your journal!    Cheesy   I hope you have fun with it all!    Cheesy   

Love all the new goodies in the gallery!  Must say, that decorated shipping box really caught my eye!   I was wondering where you bought that until I saw it was made with duck tape!  Great idea!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2013 06:23:22 PM »

I received package 2 from PerfectlyBohemian!

The first thing I received was a armrest pincushion!

The colors are so much vibrant in person. I love peach and the peach fabric is too perfect!

She also sent some absolutely beautiful yarn.

Split pea and apricot. LOVE!

Then she made me some stitch markers.

Felted owls.

And a Star Wars set!!!

Look! R2D2 and C3PO.

It's all so perfect!  Thank you Jessica!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2013 07:15:46 PM »

I love those little felted owls and the star wars stitch markers!  too cute!   Smiley    The yarn is lovely too!   Smiley
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013 07:16:29 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2013 05:27:51 AM »

Wow! Such great goodies all around. I LOVE that arm rest pincushion, t-Rex Christmas hoodie, the ewok hood, and the Star Wars markers. Love all the hoops too: Jack Skellington, Tribal, Pride and Prejudice. What a talented group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
SPHDZ Book Trailer
John Freeman Talks About The Tyranny of E-mail
Margaret Peterson Haddix Talks About Sent
Dork Diaries Book Trailer
Jessica Bendinger Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...