A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 10: The Gallery  (Read 23394 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013 07:41:51 PM »

Such cuteness already! I'm so impressed by that blue bowl. I took lots of pottery classes and my skills are nowhere NEAR that good! Okay, they are pretty much non-existent. The zombie kitty is darling, the necklace is gorgeous. Great packages already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013 12:06:49 PM »

Really like the notecards and the dishcloth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013 11:19:47 AM »

I received my first package today from Deece in MN--and I'm so excited about everything in it!!!

When I opened the box, this is what I pulled out: a bag full of presents! I love this fabric, and the design of the bag is really cool. (Will you share it, Denise??)

She was extremely generous, and sent a couple of extras in addition to the required items. From left to right:
--storage containers (we both love these!)
--an amazing sewing organizer (there's an inside view in the next photo)
--a quilting magazine--we are both quilters, and Denise works in a quilt shop (and no, Denise, I didn't have this magazine yet!)
--a pretty flower bookmark, on an elastic loop to slip over the book
--a package of scrapbook paper that is wonderfully full of textures
--a beautiful set of nesting origami bowls
--a cute set of coasters
--a notebook and pens
--a set of local fabrics that are hand-dyed

I love everything so much!  But I especially treasure the handmade items, so here's a closer look at them. The sewing organizer has several pockets and places to store needles. I love the fabrics! I also love love love the fabrics used on the coasters! And the origami bowls are amazing; I use little containers like this all the time, so I will put these right to work. I am an avid reader, so I will be using the beautiful felt flower bookmark right away.

I'm really excited that there are two more packages to make and receive, since we have so much in common; I can't wait to get started on the next package, using what I've learned about Deece in MN from this package. Thank you Denise!

OH MY GOODNESS!  I just went back to clean up after throwing wrapping paper all over the place as I unwrapped my goodies, and I found one more! Denise, I love this pretty pin cushion! It is beautiful and beautifully made.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013 01:50:53 PM by Leslieshappyheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
plaidpineapple
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013 04:18:58 PM »

What a great package,  it is hard to choose favorites but those coasters are fabulous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013 04:56:27 PM »

Love the pin cushion, coasters, and the storage too!

Received a fantastic package today, but waiting until tomorrow to take pics. Cant wait to share it with you guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013 07:11:55 PM »

I received from Helena Puck today. She spoiled me!

Lots of wonderful cards, both holidays (Christmas and Halloween) and ones with Our Lady of Guadalupe, wild animals and recipe cards of her favorite recipes. Also Halloween stickers, googly eyes and the autobiography of Fredrick Douglass.

Different wonderful teas, cross stitch fabric, a very cute teddy bear and the game "Get Bit"

Perler mustache, vintage Mickey Mouse and She-Ra

Cornstarch/glittered Christmas ornaments of favorite animals, Wizard of Oz and Dinos. (two broke but I can fix them)

Beautiful earrings, a pendant of my favorite movie too, Bride of Frankenstein, and St. Therese and sacrifice beads and a wonderful Autism awareness key chain.

I love discovering more about my partner and realizing that we are kindred spirits.

We both have a love for superheroes, saints, Christmas and Halloween and good food.  Cheesy

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful letter and talent with me.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013 08:51:31 AM »

What great packages!
So much to like about all of them. The sewing ninja is great! Smiley

Leslie, I am so glad you like your package and I am glad the origami boxes arrived intact. I was worried that they might get smashed a bit in transit.

The bag is a tutorial I found here: http://whipup.net/2013/06/18/make-it-local-origami-market-bag/

I like the ones in her picture, but I didn't have any nice linen type fabric so I went big and bold.  Smiley

I can't wait to get home Monday because my hubby told me that my package from Leslie is waiting for me.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013 09:19:35 AM »

I received a fantastic package from my pal FeliciaSlayDCRG yesterday. Check it out!

Oh! Everything was wrapped so nice in tissue paper and ribbons, but I was too excited to open and forgot a pic.

Craft: Needles. She loves making hoops. I think this is my favorite item in the whole package! Our states with our location and our names. The quote is perfect too. "There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met." Smiley

Craft: Sewn. Pouches were the first thing she learned to sew. The zipper is her favorite color-pink. The other cool thing about this? It matches a pouch she made for me in the first swap we were partnered in! Smiley

Favorites: Flowers. Isn't this a great idea? Pressed flowers in an embroidery hoop. I want to try to find a way to hang it in the window.

Favorites: Craft Supply. Zippers! (All in my fav colors too!) Can't believe how tiny the green and grey ones are.

Closer to Home: Kids. Adventure Time, one of her and her kids' favorite shows. Mad Libs! I havent done these in forever! Grin

Closer to Home: Sentimental. A favorite poem turned into a bookmark.

Hobbies: Cooking. A hand made recipe book with some simple recipes. Im pretty sure she sent simple ones bc she knows Im not a great cook... Roll Eyes Cover is blank so I can decorate it, and there are some extra pages so I can add some of my own.

Hobbies: Reading. One of her favorite books. I cant wait to start this, but I told her I was waiting until I made decent progress with the next package. Cheesy

Extras! Some fun paper, stamps, purple (my fave color) fabric, and a pressed penny and two wheat pennies (both of which I collect).

Thanks again Nikki! I love everything and can't wait to use/display it all. Wink
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 09:21:27 AM by StickerChic87 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wise One
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013 09:57:23 AM »

I love looking at these packages.  The quantity of goodies can really tell quite a bit about the sender.  I have to say that the ninja tale absolutely cracked me up.  Meaning laugh out loud.  Gozer, you are a hoot!

I will jump out at my husband, normally attempting a karate chop, and yell "RaeLei". It's my two last names combined. LOL! Normally I scare the daylights out of him.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013 11:21:32 AM »

whoo, I am late commenting. I have been looking but busy doing other things, like work.  Undecided
 But I grabbed a minute now!
 Nisforneville - The witch plaques are really cool. I keep Halloween stuff up all year so I adore those. Those towel holders are very pretty and I always love to see cat toys! You should have given us an action shot Plaidpineapple! The necklace is absolutely gorgeous. Gorgeous!!

Plaidpineapple - I am a sucker for a bookmark even when I read from a Kindle. Something about a bookmark. That bowl is completely awesome. I still can't believe you parted with it! Distressing Ink is my go too stash supply. Something about it makes everything look better, you know? And I have to go on a mission to find those MU molds. That movie was SO cute.

Deece in MN - That bag is completely awesome. Loved the color, the style, everything. The sewing organizer will come in SO handy. You did a great job on it and I love that pin cushion too.

Helena Puck - Love the She-ra! She does not get enough respect anymore. The ornaments are very pretty and will look amazing sparkling on a Christmas tree. But my all time favorite item is that Bride of Frankenstein pendant. Jealous!!

FeliciaSlayDCRG - The friendship hoopla is so sweet and putting dried flowers in a hoopla!? Love it! It looks so beautiful. I am also a big fan of Mad Libs. Those things crack me up. And "FEED" is on my to read list on Goodreads. I will have to check it out if your giving it a good recommendation. Love dystopian!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Winter Fashion Trends
Shapewear Secrets
How to Dress Like the Ladies of Mad Men
How to Dress in Business Casual for Women
How to Pick Lingerie That Complements Your Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...