A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 10: The Gallery  (Read 24928 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunny1kenobi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2013 07:59:06 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything, sheepBlue!  

When I made the necklace I envisioned it being worn like this (the picture is unfortunately blurry but you get the idea):

Of course, you can wear it any way you like!!   Grin

As far as the bracelet, I took 3 pieces of leather, slightly smaller than my wrist.  I started by holding the leather in the configuration you see in the pic, all 3 pieces next to each other, and  tying embroidery floss around one of the pieces on an outside edge of the group. Then it was just a matter of weaving the floss over and under the pieces of leather (this works because there is an odd number of leather pieces).  When I wanted to change colors I just tied the new color to the old one, trimmed the ends and kept weaving until I had about the same amount of bare leather on each end.  Then I took some jewelry wire (I believe it was 22 gauge, maybe 24) and wrapped it 3 times around the bracelet where the floss ended, flattening it with my pliers as I did so.  Then it was just a matter of adding the little metal ends (I don't know what they are called -they just pinch shut but you have to do it pretty hard) and adding a few jump rings and a toggle clasp.  That was probably as clear as mud, but I hope you got the idea...  Wink
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013 08:01:42 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013 05:29:33 AM »

Oh it looks even better that way! I wasn't quite sure where the end hooked in but now it makes much more sense  Grin And I'll have to give that wrapping technique a try. It looks very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2013 12:58:33 AM »

Ooo so many cool packages already!!  I am getting inspired by the assemblage pieces... I might have to try my hand at that!

Anyway, I received an amazing package from dharma_rebel!!!  It made the end of my crazy long work week sweeter to get home to it waiting for me!!
(And I have finally had a chance to take pictures with my phone and then email them to myself, and then find my computer power cord, which was hiding from me...)

First of all, everything was beautifully wrapped with the most fun colors and ribbons!

And inside, there were so many cool things!

A brief rundown of all the amazing-ness:

- The card she sent is a print of a papercut by a local artist; the same print is hanging in her sewing corner. (Oh no! I just realized I didn't get a picture of this!)

-Fresh Homemade Lovely Lemon Body Scrub-- OMG it smells so good I really want to eat it.  Right now.  (dharma_rebel's favorite scent is citrus, and bath and body is one of her new favorite crafts!)

-Instant Iced Coffee, because she's in the Pacific Northwest. : P

-Knitted dishclothes in beautiful lavender and green colors.  (and they were wrapped with some yummy smelling soap samples from a local soap company who has a stand at their farmers' market!)

-"Olympia Lowlife" shotglass- summing up life in Olympia : )

-Homemade Strawberry Jam!  I can't wait to open this.... one of her hobbies is canning!

-Yarrow Powder- a natural blood regulator, cultivated by dharma_rebel!

-Plantain "boo-boo" Salve-- I love the smell of this!  Too bad it wasn't around last week   when I broke my toe and subsequently got a massive blister because of my altered stride... : P

- Envelope of Papers and pages of things she likes, including tarot, the most wonderful Owl postcard and pad of collage sheets!

- Mason Jar cozy and CUPPOW!! OMG How did I not know these existed!  A mason jar cover made so you can drink out of it.... brilliant.  I am so unbelievably excited about this, and especially about the super cute whale cozy!!

Here's a shot of the awesome homemade body care products!

And the mason jar, fitted with the cuppow and cozy!

I love everything!!  Thank you so much, dharma_rebel!!  Now I'm off to get started on package #2.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
smileyyogini

Yarn Junkee

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2013 08:46:07 AM »

I love the makeup pouch from Bunny1!! That is too cute! And I am a sucker for whimsies and fabric swatches. Im working on TM patches, too. (slowly, albeit)...so fabric keeps catching my eye everywhere I go.

Im sorry. Did you say MASON JAR COZY?! Can we get a closer pic of that so I can add it to my wishlist? <3 And crocheted dishcloths are my favorite!! Beautiful colors!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

www.MelodyCrochet.c om
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Smileyyogini
http://pinterest.com/smileyyogini

Shipping Hoopla "Words"
Crafting/Co-Organizing Anime Swap
Waiting for Partners on Video Game Swap
Stalking Another TM Swap

I LOVE PERSONAL SWAPS!
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2013 07:44:45 PM »

Im sorry. Did you say MASON JAR COZY?! Can we get a closer pic of that so I can add it to my wishlist?

Heck yes I did!  I am super excited about this.  Here is another shot of the CUPPOW top in the packaging and the cozy!

Sorry about the bad photo; our place is a super mess right now, and I guess the view from our lanai is a little busy as well...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2013 12:46:15 PM »

Love the whimsey necklace and mason jar cozy!

I finished a project for package #2 over the weekend.  I need to be ironing fabric and getting it all cut for the next little something that way I can sew it up this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2013 02:57:03 PM »

So glad you liked your package, Mountains and Clouds! I love drinking out of mason jars, but find that you burn your hands with hot drinks, and cold ones make them sweat. A cozy is very necessary.
I came home from a crazy wedding weekend (my cousin, not me) to a lovely package. I will get pics taken today and posted ASAP. I will try to do it tonight, but I am dreading turning on the computer to see my 4 day back up of work. Cross fingers that it's not too bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2013 08:34:56 PM »

I received all three packages from gotgrey late last week! Every time I try to get pictures, though, either Nolan runs off with something or my slightly husband puts it away on me! I hope to have good photos posted in the next day or two, though! Everything is awesome!-!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2013 04:22:27 AM »

So I got a fabulous package from WiseOne...we had the early postman arrive today, we have two, if it had been the other one (he stops to chat with everyone on the way) the package would have arrived at about 4.30pm rather than 11.30 am..

so it was a HUGE box of wonderfulness, being as impatient as I am, I didn't stop to take a before picture, DD and I had to dive in, but everything was wrapped in fabric-genius.

first out were these brilliant felt hearts,

I have a 'love' wall in my kitchen, as I love hearts and heart imagery. I may add these to the wall, but what is more likely, is that I will start a new love wall and these will be the genesis.

also in that picture is a set of perfect bags for making reindeer noses, I will definitely be making them for next christmas!

next out was this brilliant set of bits and bobs, buttons, and stuff...I love random stuff (and another heart that was shy when I was taking the first picture)

DD got impatient then and she wanted to open one...and coincidentally she opened the one for her..butterfingers! her favourite US candy!..with a great image from simpsons

and next a collection of rainbow buttons with my very first teesha moor patch. I love these patches and was thinking of starting to make some...so this will be a perfect start..love this patch as I love rainbows.

and tea!..I am a complete tea addict, so these will be brilliant.

and a ton of fabulous fabric patches...fabric is just the best craft supply in the world!

and last, but not least, is a local newspaper, DD and I have been having great fun reading the news from somewhere completely different to here.

Thank you so much Susan, this is a brilliant package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2013 07:53:23 AM »

Love those little hearts and all the bits and bobs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
My Little Red Fire Truck Book Trailer
Joseph Maroon Talks About The Longevity Factor
Jim Wallis Talks About Rediscovering Values
Michelle Karen Talks About Astrology for Enlighten
Sarah Wendell Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...