A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 10: The Gallery  (Read 24642 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PerfectlyBohemian
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2013 04:13:36 PM »

I'm glad everything arrived in one piece, DBD! I'm glad you like everything, and I'm looking forward to receiving this weekend Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2013 06:25:40 PM »

I have missed the explosion of the gallery and while I wanna look at all the goodie awesomeness,I have to get this posted before I'm called for story time.....
All this magic came from my new friend Adrienne_Bowers.  It's pretty exciting that she lives near by....Ok for hours away...but still!
Anyway, onward --->
The stuff was all wrapped up in really cool vintage cartoons

The first thing I opened was her craft item, a cute cross stitched piece with the word "kiss" on it.

Next I opened some vintage Valentine cards (my special little bonus!)

A tiny bunny and glitter were next in getting opened, they are her favorite tiny trinkets and yes, she has crore syndrome to just like me....

Her favorite book was a vintage craft magazine (yes, even in the heat I got the theme...)

Foods, she sent a sushi ornament (gee, that was smart not sending food in this heat...that goes back to me not having brain cells left)

An elf was tucked inside one package as her holiday (I have similar ones of these for my Christmas tree from my childhood!)

And bunnies! She loves bunnies and I'm so sorry to hear that your bunnies are no longer with us....made me want to call my sister and see if any were available (she has owned several and loves spinning and who ever matched its up....you must be psychic!)

Adrienne also sent (go ahead, be jealous, you know you want to be) a gift pack from burts bees. I love there chap stick to and anything else I can get my hands on! I like the twist off lip balm cause I can leave it in the car and its usually ok even in the heat...until little hands start playing with it....

And then I got this amazing bonus of a surprise ball!I have yet to open it besides looking so cute that I don't want to ruin it, but I'll get over that urge shortly and post pictures of what's hidden inside!

Thank you so much and this is going to be so much fun swapping with you! Hope you get my package tomorrow and like everything
Now off to gawk
-pj

And if I missed anything, misspoke something or offended anyone....sorry! Heat is really messing with my brain
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2013 08:30:58 PM »

So much amazing goodness contained in one gallery!!

I received package #1 AND package #2 from sheepBlue!  And there is so much spoilage here.... pic obese, just a warning!  Also, my craptastic camera takes craptastic pics.  So sheepBlue, if you have better photos (coz mine don't really do this stuff justice), please feel free to post them!

These are all going to be mixed up coz I don't remember what was package 1 and what was package 2.... anyway:

Closer to Home: she loves writing and getting letters!  She sent me some cute notecards and some "snarky fun postcards for the holidays"!

Favorite craft supply-FABRIC: she sent me soooooo many fabric pieces! I'm beginning to make TM patches and she's already a master, so she shared some of her stash! Be prepared- this is a LOT of fabric!

Craft it: she loves mixed media assemblage and playing with rusty bits!  And she always comes up with something fantastic, like this:

Hobbies: she collects funky socks, especially knee socks.  I am soooooo diggin' these flamingos!!

Craft it: As I mentioned, she is a TM patch master, and she made me a whole bunch that totally reflect my style. (I also discovered that she is a pretty good stalker...!)  I'm in the process of making a sewing machine cover of TM patches, and these are definitely going to be a part of it!

Favorite-Chapstick: she says she can't live without it!
Hobbies: sudoku puzzles (also a great love of mine) and list making.  She sent along the cutest notepad made from Monopoly money! What a cute idea!  And a cute ATC!

Whimsies: The coolest whimsies in whimsiedom!!  Holy crow, every single thing in here made me ooh and ahhh!  watch parts, buttons, cabochons, charms, transformers, beads, little animals, scrabble tiles, miniatures,  a vintage film canister full of bits & bobs, HP buttons, bingo markers, an awesome brooch, a "dreams" jar, skulls, washi tape, hinges and clasps, a tiny porcelain dutch shoe, an awesome bat.... so many fabulous things, each more squee-worthy than the last!!

Art: she has an art degree!  Check out the amazing piece she sent me (this one I do remember is from package #2):

Not the best pic, perhaps she has a better one?  Undecided

I also learned that not only is she extremely talented, she is also has a kind and generous spirit.  My cousin is having a fundraising auction to help pay for her cancer treatment, and sheepBlue sent these wonderful gifts along to help out: a Halloween stocking, a FABULOUS hoopla, and a "hunting trophy" featuring a rhino's backside  Grin:

The fat quarter in the pic is custom printed, she sells them in her etsy shop!  She had sent a note saying the unwrapped items were for my cousin, and it was not wrapped the same way everything else was, so I assumed.... and yes, made an ass of myself!   Grin  It is actually FOR ME!!  Grin It's from Closer to Home and it's her own design, little sleeping foxes.... so  freaking cool!  I'm glad I get to keep it!!

sheepBlue, you went above and beyond and spoiled me unbelievably!!  Thank you for these thoughtful and amazing treasures!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013 06:26:01 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2013 11:06:52 PM »

I'm eagerly awaiting my package from my partner.

The USPS doesn't have any info on when to expect it, but I'm stalking the mailman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2013 09:24:14 AM »

More great packages!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2013 10:01:22 AM »

I got home from vacation yesterday and was greeted by a swap package. No better way to come home, especially since eocrafter spoiled the heck out of me!! Here is the whole haul:

A copy of one of her favorite magazines, a tote bag from her workplace and a roll of University of Michigan duct tape, where her husband and brother graduated from. Best of all, a jar of Lush's Woosh shower jelly. I flipped when I saw this. I had bought myself one when I was in Seattle and was so bummed when it was all out. And it was perfect timing after a week of camping with no shower.

Her favorite craft supplies. Martha Stewart stencils, glitter markers and Smash journal pieces. I've been wanting to try out Smash journals, and now I have an excuse.

Tie-dye socks and wonderful leaf necklace. I know what I will be wearing when I have to go back to work on Monday.

An AWESOME cookbook full of recipes from her collection. This is wonderful because my husband was saying he should join a swap so he can get fun stuff in the mail. But as soon as he saw this, he grabbed it and spent more time flipping through it than I did. There are so many good recipes in here, and all right up our alley.

So, needless to say, I need to step it up for the next package! Luckily, I am about to start rolling on some sewing projects for my partner. Thank you so much eocrafter, you really spoiled me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordp ress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2013 12:28:24 PM »

I really want that magazine and have decided that I NEED tie-dye socks!  Maybe I will make some with my kids
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2013 12:52:06 PM »

I'm loving all of the fabric and the TM style patches!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Eiseldora
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2013 01:55:11 PM »

I finally got my package!

She sent:
Homemade soap in my favorite Scent
Soft Wool Yarn
Crochet Heart Broch
Silk Scarf
Paper notebooks from local shop
Lavender stuffed plushie (so cute!)
Lost at Sea Graphic Novel (by the artist that did Scott Pillgrim)
Tapas a cookbook

Thank you Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2013 06:05:13 PM »

I received an awesome package from bunny1kenobi yesterday. She sent package #1 and part of #2 since it was ready to go, so I have a ton of fun new things to play with and a new friend who I find is similar to me in many ways  Smiley

In the first picture she sent:
Notecards - She loves notecards and also ancient Egypt.
Reading - She loves to read (me too!) and sent one of her favorite books from a favorite author. I've never read any Dean Koontz before and the summary sounds great so I'm excited to give it a spin. She also included an extra of a super funny bookmark. That'll definitely come in handy.
Local - she included some super yummy looking hot sauces and mixes. I love spice so I can't wait to try these.

The second picture features her crafted items for the first package; Bunny1Kenobi loves to make jewelry and trying new techniques. She made an awesome eclectic whimsy necklace - I love the length of it and all the little charms on it. She also made an awesome bracelet that looks like it's woven. Bunny - I'd love to get a tutorial on how you made it - it's so cool!

She also collects buttons (me too! Can't get enough) and was so kind to share some of her stash with me. I was getting a bit low on my button stash so this is awesome!

Bunny also sent me some fun promo stuff from her work that is given away at trade shows - shirt, pens and chap stick - love it!

Last picture, she made some adorable mini top hats in a christmas theme since she loves christmas and top hats! She also crafted a cute tiny pouch great for a bit of make up and also included some fun whimsies to add to my stash and some scrap bits of fabric that are going to be great for my TM crafting.

Thanks so much Bunny1kenobi for a great first package! I loved getting some insight to who you are and I can't wait to get crafting on your last package  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 DIY Great Gatsby Inspired Makeup Looks
Coconut Oil: One Ingredient for Gorgeous Hair, Skin, and Nails
How to Make Your Own Soap
Best Blushes For Different Skin Tones
Katy Perry Shares Beauty Routine
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...