A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 10: The Gallery  (Read 28489 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2013 09:11:29 AM »

Yeah! I'm so glad you like everything. The hubs told me to back away from the box before it exploded and save some for package 2 Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
plaidpineapple
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2013 04:38:50 PM »

So many wonderful packages.
I Love the pincushion Lesliehappyheart.   
KittyKill fabulous Wonder Woman.

I received my second package from Nisforneville a couple of days ago.  Sorry it has taken a bit to get them posted.  I am running around like crazy trying to get ready for a trip.

She sent me a wonderful hat.  She does superb crocheting.

I requested more smalls to learn more about her.  She loves to read and paper craft and some of her favorite supplies are paper and stickers.-(bookmarks and stickers)  She also loves fragrant items (Bath and Body works items-which happens to be one of my favorite stores)
She loves to cross sticht ( I love this kit!)
She uses reusable bags to organize and store items. (I am taking this one on my trip for my stop at the farmer's market!)
Thank you so much for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2013 07:09:34 PM »

My first package arrived today from nostephot!    I learned some wonderful things about the person that she is!  I even found we have quite a few things in common, and a few differences!

First up I did not get a picture before I started tearing into everything, but each item came in a cute pink polka dotted bag with brown labels describing what it held. A few of the bags did show up in random photos! I thought I would never finish opening and with each bag I learned a little more about nostephot! We both like to make a presentation with our gifts!

Nostephot sent an extra that she explained was because of her plans to redo an old trailer and travel around the country.  I too have been looking at old vintage trailers and have plans to do the same thing.  I want something small and easy to pull that I can take anywhere.  I have a trailer on the lake and this is perfect to put my trailer keys on!  Brilliant, I love the ribbon!
 Also in this picture is a resin rice and red beans bracelet!  I love it and it is just my style!  Can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow! The candle is salted caramel and a scent that I too enjoy!  It smells good enough to eat, kinda like caramel popcorn!  In the left corner is a Harry Potter Keychain, my first ever Harry Potter themed item, I know I am a little slow!

A close up of the way cool bracelet nostephot made!  Fits my image!

For favorite food and drinks, I got gummie bears, Yum Yum, I also eat these often and chewing gum.  I too am a gum chewer!

Gardening:  Nostephot enjoys to garden and grows all kinds of herbs and fruits, I garden but not with edible things just flowers and plants!
The jar of bayleaves she grew, who knew they are so perfect in shape and color and yes smell like bay leaves! Nostephot also sent a container of Lemon Lavender Bath Salts.  The smell of the box was wonderful as there was a slight leakage.  The only thing that got wet was the pink bag so I think it my have happened when the postal lady left  the box sitting on it's side at my front door, most of the liquid is still contained in the bag.
 There are note cards of nostephot's favorite movie,  and a New Orleans Saint Magnet, Me I am a Texans fan but football is a common!

Next up is an adorable mustache necklace and ring an obsession  with nostephot.  Are these made using shrink dink?HuhHuh  I love the silver chain and know I will get rave reviews from my co-workers!

Too funny, as I was opening my prezzies I was watching reruns of the big bang theory, my favorite show and came upon these super cute magnets of all the characters.  Happens that nostephot has the same favorite show!!!! So cool! Just look at the fabric she sused on the sewn pouch!

Although Halloween is her favorite Holiday, Mine too she especially loves Mardi Gras!  Just look at the light up ring, doubloons and glass beads! 

Another similarity is our passion for old things, estate sells, and sewing!   Nostephot loves buttons and zipper probably as much as I do!!!!
She was generous to send me some of her treasures that she found!

These bits of fabric helped pad my goodies, and I am a fabric whore!

This cute little zippered pouch she made from linen a favorite fabric to wear and inside where two items that she got free couponing.  I love carmex and only wear eyeliner and mascara so both are bonuses for me.  I also am forever needing zippered pouches and this one is the perfect size and black is one of my favorite colors!    Win Win!!!! I too love to coupon!!!!!!

Sentimental:  This was such a special gift.  Nostephot celebrated a special birthday this month and her boyfriend threw her an amazing party!  Nostephot sent me a candle holder and her colors that she used to decorate with which is the blocks of yellow and gray prints sewn together My kitchen is pale yellow and aqua so this candle holder will find a special place on my kitchen windowsill over the sink!

Wow what an amazing package and so much information about my new friend!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2013 11:25:42 PM »

Ack!  I guess it's been a whie since I checked in... There are pages of new additions!!!  Some observations:

- I guess I must start watching Dr. Who.

- I love the yarns so many people sent... I might have to start actually figuring out how to knit and/or crochet!

- mustaches.

Anyway, dharma_rebel should receive my package soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2013 09:40:18 AM »

I received a thoughtful package #1 from Nolansmomster today.  It really lifted my spirits.  It's been a sucky year that I'm ready to see come to an end.  My husband always says, "Next year will be better, just wait and see."  Yeah, yeah.  It was nice to see we had a few things in common, and the tracking # says her packages from me are out for delivery.  I thought that was kind of funny.   Grin  Enough w/Debbie downness, and onto the goodness!

Favorites:
Craft supply: a t-shirt scarf.  I love it, and I'm going to wear it tomorrow when I visit my grandma at her nursing home.

Craft supply: duct tape.  It's really cool, and I'm out of packing tape, so I'll use it on my next swap box.

Accessory: Elastic bands.  Both Cindy and I have long hair, so these will come in handy!

Craft it
Beeswax Lip Balm: 3 of them.  Both she and her co-workers swear by it!  My poor, thin little lips get so dry and cracked.  I go through lip balm like crazy!  And, I LOVE beeswax!  How did Cindy know?   Grin

Dish Scrubby: Cindy said it turned out an odd size, but I like it this size.  My dishwasher doesn't work right any more (shh, don't tell my husband) so this will come in handy!

Hobbies
Cooking: Cindy likes to cook for other people, so do I.  So she sent 3 note pads for making lists, menus, and recipes.

Target: Cindy likes to cruise the end caps at Target for clearance items.  SO DO I!!!!  I LOVE a good bargain!  I WON'T pay full price for anything!!!  So, Cindy sent me a reusable Target shopping bag.  I'm a reduce, reuse, recycle, upcycle kind of person.  So is Cindy.

Closer to Home
Local: 3 packages of coffee (I LOVE coffee) made in Door County, which is on the other side of the state/Wisconsin.  I've always wanted to visit Wisconsin.  I'm not sharing these w/either of my boys who also like coffee.  It's ALL MINE!!!

Kids:  Cindy sent me a book, "Rules".  It's about a girl w/an autistic brother.  Cindy said she would like to read it this summer.  She heard rave reviews about.  Her son Nolan, is autistic.  I crafted my packages to her, based on this fact.  She also likes used books.  So do I!  My husband tried to get me a Kindle, for reading.  But, I said no.  I like the feel, and smell of a book.  Especially a used/vintage book, which I collect.

Extras: Treats for my dogs.  These came just in time, as we are out of treats, and cannot afford that luxury for them right now.  And, a fat quarter w/cats on it.  I LOVE fat quarters!!!

Thank you so much Cindy for making my day brighter!!!  I hope that both you and Nolan like everything that I sent you guys.  It's a load off of my mind, to know that all 3 packages are completed.  Thank you again.  

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013 12:35:13 PM by gotgrey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2013 12:10:38 PM »

Hooray!  I'm glad it made it and even more glad that you enjoyed it all!! Can't wait to get home to see what the mailcarrier brought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013 12:16:53 PM »

Ooh the bird house is too sweet!  I love all the washi tape too!

Love that little cross stitch kit.  I need to find me one of those!  What is the complete name of it so I can look it up?

My daughter would love that mustache jewelry set!

I have that same kitty FQ!  Been saving it for when the perfect project comes along....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2013 12:40:35 PM »

Tracking # says your package was delivered Nolansmomster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2013 02:53:08 PM »

Yes! I came home to am awesome package from gotgrey! I will try to get photos up tonight... things keep disappearing on me as I try to take pictures!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2013 03:16:18 PM »

I received from PerfectlyBohemian!

I had two little helpers helping me open the package...

Everything before the unwrapping!

Then I had two eager little girls who wanted to see what mommy received!

Madelyn smelling the yummy coffee she sent.

Katelyn smiling with seed bombs in a jar.

Everything together.
I received an awesome TARDIS mug with yummy coffee and teas. (I am a huge chai tea fan). A straight edge which reminds me of my fathers drafting board, a felted fox (her favorite animal), mixed media art on canvas, a wood burned wooden spoon which is Doctor Who themed, a yellow tin of paper clay owls (which is my favorite animal), a ball jar with chocolates, seed bombs and a bottle opener with a bee and her wedding date engraved on it, and in the front inside the Trader Joe's tin are cute little garden rocks painted like strawberries!

My new favorite mug.

A close up of one of the sweet little owls.

Thank you PerfectlyBohemian!  I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our Friend Courtney Bingham Sixx Knows A Lot About Self Tanning
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Worth It?
Pro Surfer Quincy Davis on the Best Sunscreen and Her Beauty Secrets
5 Most Unforgivable Style Mistakes
Dethroned Miss Delaware Files Lawsuit Against Pageant
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...