A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 10: The Gallery  (Read 24737 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wise One
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2013 06:25:53 AM »

I received a really lovely package today from A2K! 

...and a pasty recipe!   I've heard of these, but have yet to have an authentic pasty. 

Oh A2K, I cracked up when I read this.  Years ago, the husband went into a fabric store and asked for fabric with pasties instead of paislies.  He still tells the story...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2013 08:21:08 AM »

I absolutely love the journal of prayers and scriptures. What a thoughtful idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2013 10:20:27 AM »

Glad you like everything, Avesthel!  I love the thimble pads -- I always have one going (I stick it to my scissors cup when not in use until it loses its stickiness!).  I really enjoyed putting that package together.

Just a note on pasties - the "a" in pasty sounds like the "a" in apricot (not the long "a" which creates a non-food word!). Cheesy  Pasties are a cornish meat and potato pie that came to U.P. with those seeking jobs in the mines.  Copper and iron ore were mined extensively in the U.P. and pasties were a staple food item.  They can be eaten cold or warmed up on a miner's shovel over a fire.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013 10:21:06 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2013 11:54:19 AM »

I just got home from being away for 6 days and had the best package waiting for me!

Leslie and I have a lot in common. She put together a wonderful package and here it is all together.

Here are some more specific pictures:
These are her favorite snacks and favorite craft supply. I love these scissors! This is my favorite size and I can always use another pair. The snacks look delicious. I think I will take them to work so I have something good to eat there when I get the munchies. Smiley

The crafted items are an adorable altered matchbox with a cute heart inside and a pincushion with a hard plastic card in the bottom to keep the pins from poking through.  I love the stitching on them both.

Her hobbies are reading and fitness. There is a cute patchwork bookmark and a pouch to hold an iPod. This will come in handy as I am going to be getting an iPhone the end of the month and it should fit in the pouch nicely.

For closer to home she made the cutest scissor fob with a kitty to represent her kitties. The stitching is so perfect! She also sent a kit of her Hope Hearts. She sends this kit to anyone who requests it through her blog. These are representative of her because they are hearts  Smiley and she likes doing things that help others with her crafting. They are so nice and how thoughtful to give to someone who is going through a rough time.

She tied everything up nicely with bakers twine, so now I have a little stash of fun twine.  Smiley
Thank you so much, Leslie, for everything! I can't wait to get started on your next package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2013 12:21:44 PM »

I love that iPod holder!  I also really like the Hope Hearts kit.  I know some people who could use a bit of love and hope in their lives right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2013 12:25:11 PM »

Glad you like everything, Avesthel!  I love the thimble pads -- I always have one going (I stick it to my scissors cup when not in use until it loses its stickiness!).  I really enjoyed putting that package together.
I do, I love everything!   Cheesy   I'm definitely looking forward to my next hand sewing project to try those thimbles out!   Cheesy  

Just a note on pasties - the "a" in pasty sounds like the "a" in apricot (not the long "a" which creates a non-food word!). Cheesy  
lol, Cheesy      

Pasties are a cornish meat and potato pie that came to U.P. with those seeking jobs in the mines.  Copper and iron ore were mined extensively in the U.P. and pasties were a staple food item.  They can be eaten cold or warmed up on a miner's shovel over a fire.
They sound really good!   And have such an interesting history.   If I ever get up to that part of the US I'm definitely going to try them.   Smiley

What a sweet little pincushion and altered matchbox.   Smiley
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013 12:26:00 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2013 12:54:09 PM »

I'm glad you like it all, Deece! Now to think about package #2...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Beunruffled
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2013 03:42:39 AM »

Everyone has SUCH great packages!!!!

Madeline tosh yarn.....gasp!! What an amazing gift to get!!!!

Love the dr who mug Smiley

Cute iPod pouch, Leslie!!

I love all the bookmarks, especially the elastic flower one! One thing I miss about real books (I have had a kindle for a couple years now which I love) is having cute bookmarks!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

XoXo, Suzy

Check out my blog
http://beunruffled.blogspot.com
PerfectlyBohemian
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2013 08:57:01 AM »

Lindy - I did paint the doctor who mug!  I painted 2.  So I could keep one Smiley  I'm glad it arrived intact.  I was kind of nervous about it.

If you aren't careful, it might go missing at one of the meetups Wink (And I swear I will have nothing to do with it!)

Once again, I missed that there was already a fantastic gallery going on. deathbeforedishes should be getting her first package from me today Smiley

I see loooots of lovely things that I adore:

That blue bowl made by plaidpineapple is awesome! I love handmade pottery, and the little designs stamped into it are super neat!
The hoop from FeliciaSlayDCRG is so sweet! I love the quote! So appropriate for this swap.
After the Shrine swap, I'm really loving seeing little shrines everywhere, and the one from Lindyv is so tiny and cute!
And I also love everyone's pouches! Pretty fabrics and functional things are the best!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2013 09:07:35 AM »

Package #1 from KittyKill

Check out the spoilage!

She sent me a handmade bird house which proudly hangs on a hook from our ceiling, five roles of washi tape which I've never used before so I'm really excited about the possibilities, a beautifully stitch pixel Wonder Woman a perfect edition to my hoopla wall, two packages of old skool embroidery patterns, a star fish candle holder, an electric candle decorated with anchor washi tape, bath salts!, Chocolate dipped Strawberry jelly bellys which are mostly eaten already  Embarrassed , yummy tea, rodeo stickers, LOTS of thread, a book on the historical accounts of the migration to Oregan, a glass pumpkin guy which my son already tried to swipe but not it's mine  Tongue , and a beautiful snowman ornament.

It took me a minute to find it in the bag of thread but Pam also sent two beautiful charms to start my charm bracelet: a four way medal and a cat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Aboriginal Style drawing Part 3
How to MASTER Drawing an Eye in 5 minutes
How to Oil Paint - Varnishing and Signing
How to Oil Paint - Cast Shadows, Stems and Edges
How to Oil Paint - Adding Body Color and Shadow
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...