A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Item Swap SU-to July 7th; Sendouts July 22nd  (Read 17045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2013 08:14:38 AM »

Mine's a nickname version of my full name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2013 09:01:07 AM »

Calabaza means pumpkin in Spanish. I love pumpkins, I'm part Mexican and my both my first and last initials are C. It was available so it had to be.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2013 09:25:56 AM »

Oh, kookaloo!  I certainly hope things calm down for your family soon!

On the crafty side, I decided to tackle something I've never done before for this swap, so it's taking me a bit longer than I originally expected, but I think it's going well.  I will be sending on Monday, just so I can tweak a few things over the weekend.  I'm also a background noise kind of girl - if I'm out in the garage-studio working with glass, it's music from the ipod, but if I'm in the house and attempting to sew, I 'listen' to tv shows. 

As for my username, well...........this is probably a terrible parenting story....and some of you have already read this.....but here it is.  We are HUGE hockey fans - the lockout this past season was very frustrating for us.  Big Boston Bruins fans and my boys love the Sully's brand shirts out of Boston - only I always insisted that they only wear the 'nice' t-shirts.  My boys are now 19 and 20 and off to college.  We work from home and the high school is just down the road from our place, so we always had a huge crew here for lunch back in the day.  One day I came home from a meeting and the gang was already here and hanging around the kitchen island.  As I'm headed into the office, out of the corner of my eye I see one kid from the backside wearing a Milan Lucic Boston Bruins T-Shirt, but instead of Lucic, the name plate said "___-Kicker".  Being the mama-type that I am, I used my mama-bear tone and asked "Does your mama know you're wearing that on your back?"  The kid turns around and says "She does now!"  and I'm horrified to realize it's my own child!  It's been a source of constant ribbing - being the only girl in the house, I tend to get a lot of that.  As I've gotten more involved in art glass and considered branching out to making a hobby-business out of it, lots of laughter and dinner-table conversations have led to the name GlassKicker Designs.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2013 09:57:41 AM »

Ladybugs and bumblebees have symbolic meaning to me, so when I changes my screen name, that is what I picked.

I now have everything in one place, ready to be worked on and wrapped to send out on Monday.  I just hope the heat and humidity breaks this weekend so I can ------- --------- the item.  It just would add so much to the overall package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2013 10:16:31 AM »

Mine is the abbreviation of my secret theatre society nickname in college Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

willowfairy76
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2013 10:19:26 AM »

i rarely get quiet when i am crafting at home so i just have cartoons or family noise going on while i make things. its pretty easy to tune it all out though. Wink
I am pretty much done and ready to send but i wont send until monday so i can finish getting things together. still have one part to finish whipping up. im excited to see what everyone gets from their partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2013 10:36:03 AM »

My name is Tracey, and I once had a pretty stupid landlord who couldn't spell my name, and wrote Trekky instead.  My flatmates thereafter called me Trekky, and it just kinda stuck. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2013 10:42:45 AM »

I'm positive I answered this question earlier today so I must have posted it in the wrong swap or deleted it by mistake.   Tongue

Anyway; I became addicted to Pogo games a few years before I discovered Craftster.  I was already gamemom there, so I lazily brought that username with me over here.  I'll probably never change it because so many people that I've swapped with know me by that name, but if I did change it I would become CraftyQueenT. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2013 01:02:51 PM »

Kartiana is a name I made up for gaming; I use it for most of my female characters. And I also started using it as my "anonymous on-line name" because my mom raised me to be paranoid about the internet and giving out my real name. Now that I've been an adult for a few years I've started using my real name more often and have thought about changing my username, but I don't want to confuse anyone that knows me as Kartiana  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2013 01:07:42 PM »

Mine's probably a stupid story.  Nox was a nickname of mine when I was a teenager - minor roman goddess of the night and all that.  Part of it is that I have always been a bit of a night owl and a lot of my creativity and ideas came to me at night.  Then I chose a profession that has shift work involved, which worsened my lack of sleep at night.  It is often a nick I choose when I go to a forum when it is available.  It was not available here, but I had an alternative, which is onyxnox.  I like the double x's, and it is a play on words for me - onyx being a colour of black - so black night - black as the night, or black night/Black Knight - as I am also a fantasy fan (and Monty Python fan too for that matter).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Santa Hat Cupcake
How to Make Rice Krispie Turkey Legs
How To Make An Apple Cobbler Crisp
Gordon’s Ramsay’s Vanilla Shortbread Recipe
How to Make Mille-Feuille
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...