A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini 13 Days of Halloween Swap Round 5 S/U CLOSED Send Outs 09/15-09/23  (Read 54165 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2013 08:12:45 PM »

I LOVE dressing up but I don't have any reason to do so these days.  Sad I used to get dressed up and hand out candy at our best friend's house but he passed away very suddenly in 2010. My apartment complex doesn't do trick or treating so I don't have anyone to hand out candy to. I don't know anyone locally that has parties or anything either.

In the past, I've tended to go with a lot of witchy/sorceress kinda outfits or vampire type looks because they're pretty easy to put together. I've also got a pair of black angel wings that can be fun to work into a costume. I've always wanted to be Belle in her blue "provincial town" dress because she's a brunette reader like me but I'd need to get a handmade costume since it's not something you can buy for an adult ready-made. I also have been working on my steampunk outfit (I made goggles, have a top hat, vest, blouse, pants, made a nerf ray gun, etc. and got some boots too) so that's another option as well.

I just wish I had a place to go IN costume!

Oh and eta: I have two cats and a new kitten. They're our "furry kids." And cats + costumes may = hilarity but it also runs risk of serious bodily harm. Grin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013 08:13:34 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2013 08:57:33 PM »

I work in a library and if Halloween falls on a work night, I always dress up and "encourage" my staff and student workers to do the same.  In fact, I keep extra costume props (like the knife thru the head headband or princess tiaras) to put on anyone who shows up for work without a costume!  I always have plenty of candy on hand too to make up for annoying them!  Last year I carried around a fake machete, splattered myself with fake blood and put up signs about our new fine policy for late books - one finger for every day late!  This year, I'm toying with a Dia de los Muertos outfit but I haven't really thought it out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013 08:58:25 PM by calixita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2013 10:35:36 PM »

Checking in! Didn't accomplish anything with the heat wave lol! But I do have plans drawn up!

I love to dress in costume but not sure if I will get an opportunity to this year....We usually hold a Halloween party but our house is a mess with renovations that I'm sure will be ongoing until next year...I think if I do dress up it will be a painted face of some sort...maybe a sugar skull face? Something fairly simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2013 05:37:29 AM »

This is my usual costume anymore.  I bought the hat and then fixed it.  It had the fluffy black and silver feather stuff on it which I took off.  I received the green skirt in a previous swap.  I bought the orange shirt and the corset at my local Ren Fest.  For a while I was my own evil twin and that was great because I could mess with the kids at my old school.  At my current school we "don't celebrate Halloween" so its book character day and I have to be the witch from Hansel and Gretel.   

I've finished two projects in the last two days.  I wish I could post pictures of them!  I'm so happy with them!  Hopefully gotgrey will like them too!  I think I'm on my way to go work on some more goodies!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2013 05:44:58 AM »

You look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Momof2!
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2013 06:58:39 AM »

I got some supplies yesterday and I'm starting my crafting today! Very excited  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaraAvis

« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2013 12:07:26 PM »

I work in a library and if Halloween falls on a work night, I always dress up and "encourage" my staff and student workers to do the same.  In fact, I keep extra costume props (like the knife thru the head headband or princess tiaras) to put on anyone who shows up for work without a costume!  I always have plenty of candy on hand too to make up for annoying them!  Last year I carried around a fake machete, splattered myself with fake blood and put up signs about our new fine policy for late books - one finger for every day late!  This year, I'm toying with a Dia de los Muertos outfit but I haven't really thought it out.

Hey I work in a library too Cheesy, but nobody ever dresses up! Last year I just wore orange and black and put on some skeleton earrings and a spider web necklace. I usually don't dress up for Halloween unless we go to a party, which we haven't for a few years. The bf never wants to dress up, so it's hard to be motivated to dress up.

As for crafting...I think I have almost everything planned out. I just need to go through my stash now and pick up some supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2013 12:19:03 PM »

I finished two items today and am feeling pretty dang happy about it.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChameleonHound

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2013 01:26:56 PM »

I love dressing up for halloween. I have a pirate outfit as fall-back, but I try to come up with something new each year. Last year I was a witch with a glow paint skull drawn over my face that was only supposed to show up in the dark, but it didn't work very well. I might try again at some point.
This year I'll hopefully be teaming up with friends, but no word yet on what we're going to do. I've thought about being a minion from despicable me, or maybe an NSA security camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2013 07:57:11 PM »

Do you dress up for Halloween?  If so what are you wanting to be this year?  If not you how about your kids or fur babies?

I usually dress up for Halloween but I don't know if I will this year. I do tend to dress my puppy up for Halloween. She was a bumblebee last year. Maybe I'll find a witch costume for her this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kids Fashion: The Nautical Look
ENK Kids Runway Fall 2011 at NYFW
Back to School Essentials
Choosing Fabrics for Kids Clothing
Top Summer Fashion Trends From Celebrity Stylist Electra
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...