A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for advice on the best way to make a birthday banner  (Read 412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ama
« on: June 25, 2013 12:14:05 PM »

My son's first birthday is coming up in October.  I'm getting an early start on things as I am planning on crafting pretty much everything.  My problem is that I don't have a lot of experience with paper crafts (knitter & crocheter here), so I'm looking for some guidance from the talented paper crafting community.  Smiley

I have my heart set on reproducing this banner: http://catchmyparty.com/photos/366745

My initial thoughts are to blow up the font I want and print it onto white cardstock.  Then cut out circles around the letters, cut out slightly larger circles for the solid border behind the letters, and cut out even bigger circles on printed cardstock to go behind everything.  I'm not sure how to get the circles perfect though (also a perfectionist here).

I guess my overall question is what is the best way to go about accomplishing this project?  Am I on the right track?  Also, what is the best glue to use for this kind of thing?

Thanks in advance!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thepaperpenguin
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013 05:57:16 PM »

One of the best ways to guarantee perfect circles is to cut them with a die-cut machine (like a Cricut) but assuming that you're not going to become a full time paper crafter $200 might be too much to spend at the moment Smiley

You could try folding paper in half, drawing a half circle with a compass, and cutting it out?  I was looking at the banner though and was thinking, maybe you can find cute patterned paper plates (where the center is white) and place stickers to spell out what you want?  Then there is no cutting/gluing and you will have a perfect circle!

I use ModPodge and a paint brush to glue most of my paper crafts.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Airbrush Tutorial
Drawing a Cartoon Monkey
Drawing a Cartoon Giraffe
Drawing a Cartoon Lion
Drawing a Cartoon Horse
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...