A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster's 10th Anniversary Cross-Category Challenge!! Toys Winner Announced!  (Read 1598 times)
Tags for this thread: craftsters_10th_anniversary_cross_category_challenge  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2013 12:04:40 PM »

Craftster's 10th Anniversary Cross-Category Challenge

Craftster is turning 10!! That's right, August marks 10 years of running with scissors all over the internet! In honor of this momentous time, we're hosting a cross-category challenge! Every category will have the same challenge with the same entry times. The 10 category winners with the most votes will be put head-to-head-to-head-to... you get it.... for a GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE!!!

The theme for this challenge is "What Craftster means to me." Now, don't be scared of this theme! Craftster is made by YOU, Craftster can mean different things to different people so whatever it means to you, that's great!! Still unsure it's as easy as I say? Here's some examples that are just the tip of the iceberg!

• "To me, Craftster means trying new things! Here's a project featuring a technique I've never tried before!"
  • "To me, Craftster means tutorials! Here's a project I made from a tutorial I found on the boards."
  • "To me, Craftster means swapping! Here's a project I'm sending in a swap."
  • "To me, Craftster means a community where I can show off my geekiness! Here's a project that relates to this thing I'm interested in!"

See? Not so bad, eh? Seriously, as long as you can describe why you feel your project reflects something Craftster represents to you, then you're good!

Rules and Suggestions:
  • You may enter in as many categories as you like, but you may only enter a project once. So if you wanted to enter in three categories, you would need to have made three projects!
  • Your project must have been made between June 24th and the time of posting. Your entry should not have been posted on Craftster previously (ie not something you made and posted years ago!)
  • If using a pattern or tutorial, please let us know.
  • You can begin crafting at any time but remember to post your thread in this board from August 7th through August 13th at 11:59:59 PDT. Voting for each category will be open August 14th to August 21st.
  • Although there will be 20 category winners, only the 10 winners with the most votes will go on to a grand prize round! Voting for this will be August 23rd to August 30th, with the grand prize winner being formally announced September 3rd!

Prizes:
The winner in each category will receive a Craftster pin, and a Craftster USB card.

Plus!
The winner of the Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Category will also receive the book Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead by Nicola Tedman and Sarah Skeate

Book Description:
Nicola Tedman and Sarah Skeate awaken their inner George A. Romero and focus their creative attention on the malleable, fuzzy softness of felt inside Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead. Inside, crafters will find instructions for more than 15 zombie creatures, including a Romero-esque Day of the Dead Zombie. Additional Zombie Feltie projects include:

* Zombie Bride

* Zombie Puppy

* Vampire Zombie

* Zombie Bunny

* Folklore Zombie

* Zombie Surfer, and more!

With only the most basic of sewing skills, crafters can raise their own macabre multitude of Zombie Feltie creations from the undead with an average construction time of less than one hour per pattern. Each design includes a full-color photograph of the finished project, as well as an illustrated, instructional overview, pattern diagrams, and a convenient list of everything needed to complete the project.

Zombie Feltie friends can be customized with limitless embellishments and they make great Halloween decorations, party favors, finger puppets, key rings, and even mobile phone mascots. Get ready to shudder as you stitch!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013 01:48:00 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity_Is_Faint
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013 07:52:20 PM »

I don't understand how to join. I'd like to join this ut there is no where that says how to enter where to leave my name etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013 08:22:55 PM »

Just post a thread for your project in the board entry board. If you're trying to enter a toy, click the "New Topic" tab on the upper right when you're in this board: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=338.0#axzz2buUVtka1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013 01:51:16 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS to lanikins!!!

Her If you can't FIND a Fiji Mermaid, then make one... won the Cross-Category Challenge in the Toys, Dolls and Playthings Category! She not only wins the fabulous prize above, but she also qualifies to go on to the next round of voting, pitting her project against 9 others for the GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE sponsored by Coats & Clark!!

Voting will start on Aug 23rd and run to Aug 30th! Go here to vote for the grand prize winner!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424917.0
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013 01:51:31 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013 03:00:51 PM »

great job lani!!!!!! Smiley whoot whoot!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
kcli
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013 04:06:21 PM »

Haha..when it was voting time, I imagined this as me and my "womb-mate" (my identical twin sister).

Congrats on winning this category! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lanikins

you can't take life too seriously...you'll never make it out alive

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013 05:05:35 PM »

Oh my gawrsh....thanks so much!!!! I seriously never win anything, so I'm so overjoyed by everyone's votes and amazing support!!!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013 07:06:04 AM »

Congrats lanikins!  This was a wonderful and imaginative project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...