A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Namaste - Yoga and Mindful Living Swap Gallery  (Read 3241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elyxandra
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013 08:32:55 AM »

Abbeeroad SPOILED me! I can't wait to share photos of the wonderful things I received in the mail today! I'm over the moon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013 12:20:12 PM »

elyxandra - those flags are fantastic!  I so want a set of my own!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amnesia
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013 03:39:46 PM »

I received an absolutely amazing package from dreadlocklove yesterday! 

The centerpiece is this amazing 9 FOOT LONG prayer banner which is made up of chakra-themed knit and beaded prayer flags that have then been joined together to make a continuous banner.  I couldn't figure out how to get in all in a photo, so I've shown it as best I can in the two photos below.  It's gorgeous and textured and cozy!  I don't think I can say enough good things about this -- I just love it!

She's also studying herbalism and included handmade essential oils in a "Happiness blend" and a diffuser and a book on meditation.  Thank you so much for such a warm and thoughtful package!  I've been stressed out studying for a summer school final exam on Monday and this absolutely made my weekend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elyxandra
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013 05:38:33 AM »

So I had my post showcasing all of the goodies I received from Abbeeroad prepared, when I got distracted, and my session timed out... sadly I lost all the typing and then was away for the weekend.
So here's another try...

First up, a hand-stitched mandala inspired pin. I need to put some effort into finding a nice bag for my yoga blocks so I can showcase this at the studio! I love the wooden button at the centre!

TWO bracelets! The sparkly stones are really pretty, but I LOVE the wrap bracelet! I had pinned one very similar, but the black ribbon is very much my style, and I love the OM charm and stamped disc.

A many coloured beaded necklace - there are so many different beads, that i always find something new every time I look. I am crazy about the lotus-pose wire bent person on the green pendant - love love love!

Last, but not least, a prayer flag featuring one of my favourite sayings.

Thank you to Abbeeroad, and EVERYONE who participated in this swap. It warmed my heart to hear about everyone's positive experiences, and made my first swap organizing experience very easy. Many have asked for a second round, and I anticipate that I will be running it closer to the fall.

Namaste
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013 05:52:38 AM »

Yay! I'm so glad you like everything, elyxandra! I had a great time crafting for you!  It looks like the little wire lotus guy shifted a little bit during shipping. You could probably straighten him out a bit with your fingers. Sorry!

And AWESOME that you dyed my flags and batiked them! I really love them. Super cool to blend primary RITs, I never would have thought of that. Any tips on ratios to get colors? You should post your experience in the dye board - I know I'd love to hear more.

Wow -that banner from dreadlocklove looks gorgeous. I wish we could see it in person! And how cool to receive hand-made essential oils!! Great package.

Thanks for the great swap, elyxandra! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013 06:58:23 AM »

I'm glad you are happy with the package, amnesia!

I love that felt mandala! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
dreadlocklove
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013 09:46:00 AM »

I received a beautiful package from amnesia today!

Upon opening the box:

I thought the inchie would show a bit better...  It says peace on it.  This is the first inchie I receive.  I'm not sure if I should start a little album or randomly stick in somewhere in my business (I'm a Reiki practitioner) space to inspire my clients.  Or maybe I will start a coffee table inchie album for Gathered Roots!  Either way, I was getting really excited to just dig through that box!!

Here's a meditation mat.  There's a bit of quilting done on the lighter fabric.  You may notice better if you stick your nose against your screen.  =)

...and a meditation cushion.  "Wisdom that arises from among living where it lives" and "Let's promise" is among some of the text.  I'm sitting on the cushion as I type this and it's awesome.  Just hard enough with a little squishiness leftover.  A nice height and no lopsidedness.  I like it!! 

And finally:

Some framed artwork.  "Keep calm and namaste on."  A good reminder!  To the top-right, the note, and at the bottom, a beautiful bracelet made of stones.  I'll have to adjust the size a bit but can't wait to wear it!

Thanks so much amnesia, I'm very happy with the gifts and had a great time swapping with you!  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
elyxandra
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013 05:35:36 AM »

I have just completed posting feedback for everyone. Thanks for participating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013 06:12:02 AM »

And thank you for organizing. It was truly a wonderful swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
dreadlocklove
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2013 08:46:17 AM »

And thank you for organizing. It was truly a wonderful swap!

We're done already? 

Yes, agreed, thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Cajun Red Beans and Rice Recipe
Pan Fried Round Steak Nuggets Recipe
Boone Tavern Pork Chops Recipe
Party Caramel-Coated Popcorn Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...