A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,309
Currently Running With Scissors:
315 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art Dolls 2 - Send out July 7th  (Read 11564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wise One
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013 06:22:05 PM »

Kookie - it is absolutely gorgeous.  Your ability to add just the right amount of special details in all the right ways makes this truly a work of art.  I keep looking back at the photos seeing more.  The coloring in the eyes.  The patterns in the gloves at the arm.  The boybles in the wig.  The pink ribbon at the base of the fan.  Yep.  This certainly is a beautiful work of art my dear Kookaloo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
artista83
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013 06:24:55 PM »

wowwww! awsome work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013 12:22:51 AM »

Midnight,it was an absolute pleasure to make this doll for you Midnight  Grin I'm so glad I got it right,although to be honest my hands and heart took over and I had very little to do myself  Wink

Thanks for all the positive feedback ladies  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
artista83
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013 12:20:09 PM »

OMG! I GOT MY ART DOLL FROM ANGIE AND MY JAW DROPPED! ME AND MY AUNT ARE GOING TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE HER ANOTHER DOLL BC I TRIED REALLY HARD ON WHAT I SENT BUT OMG SO ME AND AUNTI WORKIN TOGETHER ON A THIRD DOLL BC ANGIE YOU SOOO DESERVE IT!

this doll totally needs to be featured, i mean truly! i am hoping angie can post pics bc my pics suck and i need hubbys help with his camera, he doesnt ever come home till night. if she cant though i will try my best.

here is a teaser description until one of us can take pics.

first picture a girl poppit, made of mixed fabrics in marroons blacks and whites. picture multi black and white textured yarn hair, checkered black and white chest, fringe skirt, beaded feet, black and white striped arms, awsome flower thing in her hair, face is marroon and poppit, now picture a man poppit, with a different take on the face, totally awsome compas eye and ribbon strip under it, zippered maroon and white shirt, swirly black marroon and white arms, faux snakeskin maroon and black legs eyehook embelleshed ankles, crochet flowers under awsome looking designed buttons, ok i know it is super hard to really picture the awsomness but here is the kicker, now picture the two together bc it is a siamese twin that are back to back! 4 arms 4 legs, stuffed to perfection! the litterall cooolest doll i have ever seen in my life! and now my super prized possetion!!!! she used all my favorite colors, totally stuff i love and the idea of it is masterpeice!!!! i mean this doll is totally made for me and i no joke cried when i got it! angie you made me feel sooo special to get a doll like that and i hope you know how much i truly admire you!!!!!! i cant wait till we can get some pics up!!! why cant hubby be home now? i so hope you have pics that are better than what my hubs cam can do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
angielou1
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013 01:12:43 PM »

I can't believe Artista83 received already ???WOW
I'm soo happy she loves them.I was concerned they might have been to simple and basic. Artista83 mentioned she really likes JunkerJane dolls and MirrorMask .Well I tried the JunkerJane style. Nope couldn't do it. It's just a style I couldn't fathom.Then I went with MirrorMask but she also mentioned she loves to cuddle with her dolls. Sooo I adapted the doll to be more cuddlly-friendly.The doll turned out to be around 23" long. From the tip of their toes to the top of the hair. Yup, the doll is double-jointed and double-faced. Male and female were they made. Cheesy. I took pictures and and soon as they upload and I can figure out which ones are good I'll post.

These were the better ones. Sorry they're so big. I don't know how to make smaller Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013 01:20:31 PM »

angielou1, Don't even try and make smaller pics, I want to be able to ogle all the details!! The doll/s you made for Artista83 are truly fantastic  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
midnight

I live where hens catch mice and cats lay eggs

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013 01:23:05 PM »

Wow, I wouldn't even know where to begin making something like that - the complexity boggles my mind and the attention to detail is incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnight_Satyne

Waxing Lyrical and Tripping the Light Fantastic
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013 01:53:55 PM »

"angielou1" Super cool Art Doll!!  Shocked  That's amazing & great design & detail. Fantastic!!!! I'm going to hit "THIS ROCKS"!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

Yarnies vs. Sewist
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap 4/
Scrap Happy Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
angielou1
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013 02:06:28 PM »

Thank you! So nerve-wrecking. I don't know how nobody's died of an attack. Undecided
 I really tried to make them with my partner in mind. I tried making small at first but they kept growing LOL. They really don't have a lot of embellishments but I  tried to use as many textiles as I could possibly use without overwhelming them.
 I don't really use accessories myself. I'm the " I got my shirt ,pants and shoes on and I'm ready to go, Of yeah wait , I need a bag to carry keys and wallet ,maybe a little make-up.
 All in all they told me when to stop. Believe me I had a pile full of material. Funny how the different materials come out different sizes with the same pattern.They can't stand on their own but can sit back-to-back of course Cheesy. I had to tested them out and they're totally just the right size to cuddle with. I'm really glad Artista83 is happy with them. I'm also happy that her Grandma and Aunt likes them too. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013 02:08:30 PM by angielou1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013 02:44:54 PM »

HO-LEE GUACAMOLE - Kookie and Angie have blown the roof off of this little doll swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
March Dotee Swap - Celestial
Fabric Art Journal Pages - Early April 2015
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Forever Young Book Trailer
Nina Malkin Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Meet Author Jennifer Chiaverini
21 Nights Book Trailer
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...