A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NeedleBook Rd2 Swap - Gallery - SO 06/24  (Read 3233 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013 12:58:32 PM »

These are all so beautiful! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
StaticMonster
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013 06:25:26 PM »

Every needlebook is so unique, and they are all stellar!!!

I want all of them, please. =D

The wicked needlebook with Elpheba is AMAZING!!! I love how the green is layered on top of the black, making Elpheba inset, rather than popping off. It's almost like a reverse applique!

The quilted needlebook that wulf made, and the giraffe one by fluttermuffin - My vocabulary doesn't contain the adjectives to describe how fantastic I think they are. The detailing and embroidering on both of them are so professional looking. Quilting and embroidering are both crafts I want to learn.

I love the needlebook Lille made too! The button closure is really smart! (I tried to do that too, but I accidentally sewed them wrong, and when I flipped my needlebook inside out, the closure was on the inside!) The 4 squares on the cover remind me of my childhood at recess when everybody would get together and play 4-square.

Superb needlebooks everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lille
Legally Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013 12:12:58 PM »

Really great work everyone Smiley

noushi; I'm glad you liked it! I'm a bit sad though that the extra seemed to have disappeared during the long trip from DK to USA...

My package arrived already last week, but I was out of town and unable to pick it up before today. It was worth the wait though! Cheesy She went with pink which is my favorite color and added in an extra mason jar/pincushion/awesome thing which was filled with more pink buttons than I've seen in one place before. And the buttonhead pins. Don't even get me started on the buttonhead pins!

Thank you so much noushi! How did you know I needed a pincushion? How did you know I needed that pincushion?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013 08:21:37 PM »

Great patchwork, Noushi! I love how tidy and smooth it is - very different from mine and beautifully done! The button jar pincushion is a great idea - I've seen pint jar ones, but those low, flat jelly jars seem much more practical as pincushions. I think I have an empty one just waiting for it!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seneris
Medieval Craft lover

I live to learn new crafting techniques!

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013 01:02:11 AM »

ooooh, I love the pincushion jar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt - use gold paint Wink
50 projects in 2013 craftalong
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013 08:09:12 AM »

Received from Seneris this morning!

She sent this Steampunk-themed needlebook made of soft, brown leather with a gear-pattern stamped into it.

Inside, there's a generous pocket to hold scissors, and four 'pages' of a lovely brown wool twill.

I'd asked for some place to store bits of embroidery thread, and her solution was these gears to loop them onto. I think this will work very well!

We'd agreed to include a few extras, and I got spoiled a bit. Seneris sent not only these great pieces of scrapbooking paper, but a second small needlebook, made like a paper matchbook. Very cool!

Thanks so much for these, Seneris! It's been fun swapping with you.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seneris
Medieval Craft lover

I live to learn new crafting techniques!

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013 10:54:02 AM »

You're welcome Wulf, it was great swapping with you as well! I like the needelbook so much I am going to make one like this for myself Smiley I already embossed the leather Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt - use gold paint Wink
50 projects in 2013 craftalong
StaticMonster
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013 01:38:38 PM »

Below is my super cute fox needlebook from Thimbles71!!! I love little woodland animals.

The needlebook has a snap closure, which is perfect, because I have a tendency to bend my books and set in creases. This little closure will help me keep my needlebook wrinkle free!

Thank you bunches and bunches, Thimbles! I'm going to take this little guy with me everywhere for my little sewing projects! He's too cute! =D I think I might try to make a whole set of things with him on it. o:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluttermuffin
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013 07:20:24 PM »

just been browsing the gallery... love all the additions
the crazy quilt is fantastic....
love the embroidered color blocking... I use this style with my scrapbooking and baby quilts... simple and classic.
the pink quilted and pincushion jar are too adorable for words.
OMG, the leather steampunk style.... on my "to make" list for my BFF for christmas.

so many talented folks here!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013 05:24:20 PM »

I received from gingerpeachy while I was away on vacation.  Such a nice surprise to come home to!
I love the colors, they coordinate perfectly with my embroidery case!  The embroidery is one of my favorites!  And I already have a WIP to add those pink buttons to!  

Thanks again for a fun swap!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013 05:26:26 PM by NH822 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Thick Hair
How to Curl Your Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Cut a One Line Length
How to Cut Graduation
How Not to Damage Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...