A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,852
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NeedleBook Rd2 Swap - Gallery - SO 06/24  (Read 2869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

.:dollface:.
« on: June 18, 2013 03:16:23 PM »

Needlebook Swap Round2!
Post your wonderful pictures here!

Original Thread

Partners:

.:dollface:. <--> dessadoll
BrokenButterfly <--> FlutterMuffin
Wulf <--> Seneris
Lille <--> Noushi
P_E_S_T <--> mangomerle
NH822 <--> gingerpeachy
Elyxandra <--> amc-
Thimbles71 <--> StaticMonster

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
dessadoll
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013 08:57:36 PM »

Still waiting to see pictures. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013 02:27:40 PM »

Still waiting to see pictures. Wink

Whoops!  Life got in the way.. how about a sideways picture to tide (sp?) you over..?

I received a WONDERFUL package from dessadoll! i LOVE the needlebook, it is a lovely color of green and lace! oh how i love lace...and the extras are great too!  spoiled! thank you dessadoll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
StaticMonster
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013 05:10:59 PM »

Great craftsmanship, dessadoll! I love pleats, and the ones on the needlebook make it look very soft and feminine. (:

Can't wait for my sewing skills to get the that level!
Awesome package. =D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013 12:37:30 AM by StaticMonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dessadoll
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013 07:38:46 PM »

I must admit I didn't do the pleats.  It's an upcycled project from her Pinterest.  I spent 2 hours going through good will stores until I found a shirt with a cuff that matched her Pinterest picture.  I simply had to add on the embellishments. 
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StaticMonster
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013 12:40:37 AM »

THAT is dedication!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seneris
Medieval Craft lover

I live to learn new crafting techniques!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013 03:58:16 AM »

Lovely needlebook!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt - use gold paint Wink
50 projects in 2013 craftalong
Thimbles71
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013 06:30:07 PM »

I received the loveliest needle book from Staticmonster!

I have a mild obsession with pandas.  Grin  Isn't it adorable??

And the inside - I love the black swirls!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013 07:01:09 PM by Thimbles71 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013 07:05:40 PM »

The panda is adorable!  Great work StaticMonster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
dessadoll
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013 07:13:59 PM »

The panda is adorable!  Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StaticMonster
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013 07:25:50 PM »

Thanks, guys!

I'm glad you liked it, Thimbles! I tried to incorporate several of your likes without overcrowding the needlebook. It includes:

Color scheme - Red, black, & white
Panda
Deco - Represented in my attempt to do swirls on the inside cover
Modern - The back cover of the needlebook has bold black and white stripes
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013 02:56:43 AM by StaticMonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elyxandra
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013 06:06:52 AM »

I received this cute needlebook from my partner amc- on tuesday. I love the yellow button detail! The pages inside are pink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013 01:33:27 PM »

So cute... Pleats, Panda and Petals... Oh my.  Smiley

I also received an awesome needle book from TheBrokenButterfly today. She nailed my love of all things Oz and created one based off "Wicked".  Amazing detail.

Thanks so much... I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBrokenButterfly
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013 07:10:37 AM »

I'm glad you like it, fluttermuffin. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dessadoll
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013 08:18:08 AM »

I love them all so far!  Makes me think I should start collecting needlebooks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seneris
Medieval Craft lover

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013 08:49:22 AM »

I got my needlebook today! Wulf made a beautiful needlebook with lots of texture and amazing fabrics: just what I wanted. And he included amazing extra's as well Smiley
Here's an overview of what he sent me:

Here are some pictures of the needlebook.
Front:

I am so happy that my needlebook is made with the crazy quilting technique Smiley So many different embroidery stitches and fabrics, really inspiring.

Back:

I really love the colour scheme! The colours are much warmer in real life BTW, it's an overcast day here Sad

Inside:

Unfortunately the fabric of the inside doesn't show that great in this picture. He even included a seam ripper and some needles, how kind of you Wulf Smiley Wulf also wanted to include some scissors but then the postage would be too expensive, I completely understand.

Here are some pictures of the paper extra's:

There are some really old and amazing things in there!

Thank you so much for the needlebook and the extra's Wulf, hope you like what I sent you!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013 08:51:18 AM by seneris » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013 01:31:36 PM »

Don't apologize about the colours of your photos, Seneris - they're so much better than the ones I took before mailing! I do feel bad about the scissors, though - I made the pocket to fit them, but didn't consider that they're solid steel and would have turned it from a letter to a package. You certainly wouldn't have got it as quickly as this!

I'm so glad you liked it. Smiley

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBrokenButterfly
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013 02:38:39 PM »

I got my package today from fluttermuffin and it was full of amazing GIRAFFENESS!!! I love giraffes (if you couldn't tell). ^_^

Here's the needlebook front:

Back:

Inside:

Isn't it just precious?

And here are the extras she sent:

A few pieces of giraffe fabrics and a little stuffie for using as a pin cushion.

Thank you so much, fluttermuffin. I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013 03:08:47 PM »

WONDERFUL needlebooks so far everyone!  I'll definitely be doing some pinning!  Can't wait to see more Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
noushi

interested in doing personal swaps

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013 07:35:02 AM »

Here is the lovely Needlebook I received from Lille. She went with my favorite color combo, grey and yellow. I love the little hand embroidered "needles" on it.

And a pic of the yellow pages.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013 12:58:32 PM »

These are all so beautiful! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
StaticMonster
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013 06:25:26 PM »

Every needlebook is so unique, and they are all stellar!!!

I want all of them, please. =D

The wicked needlebook with Elpheba is AMAZING!!! I love how the green is layered on top of the black, making Elpheba inset, rather than popping off. It's almost like a reverse applique!

The quilted needlebook that wulf made, and the giraffe one by fluttermuffin - My vocabulary doesn't contain the adjectives to describe how fantastic I think they are. The detailing and embroidering on both of them are so professional looking. Quilting and embroidering are both crafts I want to learn.

I love the needlebook Lille made too! The button closure is really smart! (I tried to do that too, but I accidentally sewed them wrong, and when I flipped my needlebook inside out, the closure was on the inside!) The 4 squares on the cover remind me of my childhood at recess when everybody would get together and play 4-square.

Superb needlebooks everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lille
Legally Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013 12:12:58 PM »

Really great work everyone Smiley

noushi; I'm glad you liked it! I'm a bit sad though that the extra seemed to have disappeared during the long trip from DK to USA...

My package arrived already last week, but I was out of town and unable to pick it up before today. It was worth the wait though! Cheesy She went with pink which is my favorite color and added in an extra mason jar/pincushion/awesome thing which was filled with more pink buttons than I've seen in one place before. And the buttonhead pins. Don't even get me started on the buttonhead pins!

Thank you so much noushi! How did you know I needed a pincushion? How did you know I needed that pincushion?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013 08:21:37 PM »

Great patchwork, Noushi! I love how tidy and smooth it is - very different from mine and beautifully done! The button jar pincushion is a great idea - I've seen pint jar ones, but those low, flat jelly jars seem much more practical as pincushions. I think I have an empty one just waiting for it!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seneris
Medieval Craft lover

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013 01:02:11 AM »

ooooh, I love the pincushion jar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013 08:09:12 AM »

Received from Seneris this morning!

She sent this Steampunk-themed needlebook made of soft, brown leather with a gear-pattern stamped into it.

Inside, there's a generous pocket to hold scissors, and four 'pages' of a lovely brown wool twill.

I'd asked for some place to store bits of embroidery thread, and her solution was these gears to loop them onto. I think this will work very well!

We'd agreed to include a few extras, and I got spoiled a bit. Seneris sent not only these great pieces of scrapbooking paper, but a second small needlebook, made like a paper matchbook. Very cool!

Thanks so much for these, Seneris! It's been fun swapping with you.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seneris
Medieval Craft lover

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013 10:54:02 AM »

You're welcome Wulf, it was great swapping with you as well! I like the needelbook so much I am going to make one like this for myself Smiley I already embossed the leather Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StaticMonster
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013 01:38:38 PM »

Below is my super cute fox needlebook from Thimbles71!!! I love little woodland animals.

The needlebook has a snap closure, which is perfect, because I have a tendency to bend my books and set in creases. This little closure will help me keep my needlebook wrinkle free!

Thank you bunches and bunches, Thimbles! I'm going to take this little guy with me everywhere for my little sewing projects! He's too cute! =D I think I might try to make a whole set of things with him on it. o:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluttermuffin
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013 07:20:24 PM »

just been browsing the gallery... love all the additions
the crazy quilt is fantastic....
love the embroidered color blocking... I use this style with my scrapbooking and baby quilts... simple and classic.
the pink quilted and pincushion jar are too adorable for words.
OMG, the leather steampunk style.... on my "to make" list for my BFF for christmas.

so many talented folks here!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013 05:24:20 PM »

I received from gingerpeachy while I was away on vacation.  Such a nice surprise to come home to!
I love the colors, they coordinate perfectly with my embroidery case!  The embroidery is one of my favorites!  And I already have a WIP to add those pink buttons to!  

Thanks again for a fun swap!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013 05:26:26 PM by NH822 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013 09:29:17 AM »

Just to say I have received - but en route to France so will add photos in a couple of weeks when I'm home xxx thankyou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
P_E_S_T

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013 10:27:21 AM »

I'm just a little worried that my partner hasn't recieved yet - c'mon postman !!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

And felted all day long
mangomerle
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013 05:53:31 PM »

I got totally spoiled by P_E_S_T and I love it all!

Picture of everything together, all on top of two lovely embroidered cloths. I will likely cut them up for my in-progress 1-inch hex quilt top. They will go very nicely with the lace and vintage fabrics from my great-grandmother's stash that I have put together already.

Felted, embroidered cuff that both I and baby love as well as wrapping ribbons.

needlebook page 1
This needlebook is so awesome and will fit my varied needle collection perfectly!

needlebook page 2

needlenook page 3

pincushion from upcycled egg cup, wooden leaf for my birdies to chew up

card, feathers, and handspun nettle yarn (LOVE the yarn especially!)

There was also fudge for the hubby, but I handed that over and haven't seen it since.

Thank you so, so much! I hope you enjoyed your bits and bobs as much I enjoyed getting this package!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013 06:05:32 PM by mangomerle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013 02:19:55 PM »

Fantastic swap package!  Living the needle book!  Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
P_E_S_T

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013 03:12:06 AM »

Im so sorry its taken me so long to post my lovely package from Mangomarie. - but I have been in France Smiley
I opened my package and was instantly warmed by the homemade ness of it all. Theres something so lovely about the fullness of all the textures that just has me looking at all my little bits again and again.......

so - full shot..

Inside we find 2 hand dyed bits of cloth which I will so be incorporating into my latest prayer flags project.
A really curious nut shell (what an earth is it !!!( I love it, so does my eldest !) HAnd made soap, a little hand sewn patch of a fish - which again is so going on my prayer flag (unless the littlest pinches it), some lovely orange lace ribbon, an owl pin, and my needle book...........

The needle book is covered in a hand dyed cloth and the inside is shrunken wool (so approve of this because I do it to make blankets). Its a butterfly, which I just love because that's my spirit animal and also I have a huge butterfly tattoo on my back. Now - if truth be known, I don't think it will end up as a needle book, Im currently working on a huge patchwork blanket to go on my bed and I think this will just have to flutter on there Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And felted all day long
mangomerle
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013 11:19:46 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/313214_27Jul13_needle3.JPG
Inside we find 2 hand dyed bits of cloth which I will so be incorporating into my latest prayer flags project.
A really curious nut shell (what an earth is it !!!( I love it, so does my eldest !) HAnd made soap, a little hand sewn patch of a fish - which again is so going on my prayer flag (unless the littlest pinches it), some lovely orange lace ribbon, an owl pin, and my needle book...........

Yay! I wasn't quite sure you'd like it all, to be honest. It felt kind of hodgepodge and I didn't have time to wrap anything, either. The fabrics and lace are all eco-dyed; one with oak leaves, one with onions, and the lace with annatto seeds. The shell is from a native tree here in Tennessee, USA called a black walnut. They usually have a lot of spiky, woody bits sticking out, but this one was tucked away by a squirrel and forgot about for a couple of years so it's been smoothed out some. (It also sprouted a tree!) I love collecting them and hoped you'd enjoy one.

I also forgot to say that the head on the butterfly is removable so you can store really big needles inside the body instead of the pages. It can just be glued in place instead so it can have another purpose if you like. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013 06:33:05 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mangomerle
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013 11:23:25 PM »

Ooh! Just thought. It might be really fun to write down affirmations or poetry and such onto paper to roll up and stick inside the body!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Embellish Glass and Wood Surfaces
DIY Nursery Series: Easy Tissue Paper Wall Art
How to Make a Dream Catcher Necklace
How to Make a Paper Mache Craft Bowl
How to Make an Awesome Key Holder
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...