A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gathered Roots - Round 5 (Gallery)  (Read 2937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013 06:05:43 AM »

I'm back from the cottage.  Here is some of what I received from my partner, whileitsraining:

On the left is a hot/cold rice lavender & chamomile rice pack.  The aroma had filled the box, such a nice combo!  Next is a lemon/eucalyptus food powder and shaker.  My kids like to wear their shoes without socks on so this will be really useful for them.  Onto the herbs.  Lemon balm, witch hazel, licorice root, and lavender (nice big flowers!).  I received a three varieties of tea too.  Ceylon black tea, peppermint tisane, and a matcha Genmaicha.  I LOVE matcha, I use it frequently in green smoothies, but have never tried with rice.  Can't wait!!

At the bottom is a large piece of fabric.  I haven't received the note yet so I'm not sure what it's about.  Perhaps an in-progress project?  It looks similar to how the skirt I received would have been made.  I didn't get a photo because I've been wearing it all weekend and it's in the laundry.  But it's very lightweight and flows nicely.  Same fabric as the one shown except a different pattern. 

Also not shown in the photo, because I used it last Friday and left it on my dresser (I usually keep everything in a pile until the photos are taken and posted to the gallery), some handmade deodorant that I wished for.  The essential oil blend is sage and sweet orange.  It's very uplifting. 

Thanks so much whileitsraining!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
dreadlocklove
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013 06:20:23 AM »

Ooh lemon verbana and candied violets!! Envious of those!

I too am envious about those candied violets!  And the ginger mint too!  How does that taste?  And about the Florida water..  I had to Google to see what that was all about.  I thought it was maybe some spring water from Florida or something but now know it's an bath and body product.  Ah!!

Those tea-infused candles look super cool!!  I'm going to take a look at the instructions and make myself a few.  I hope it'll be easy!  =)

The sprouts are a good reminder that I need to get back to sprouting!  Love those markers too.

Mmmm, ginger chocolates!  It probably took a while to open and smell all of those products... 

____

We're still waiting on one package to arrive and I think three people to post photos to the gallery.  If your partner hasn't done so already, maybe post on their behalf if possible? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013 06:34:57 AM »

So sorry for the delay in posting pics. I got my package and then, well, life happened. Thank you Mercury retro...
Without further ado, here are the lovelies I received from donniesgirl

Ceres Delight (scrub/mask for face and body) I used this yesterday on my face. It's feeling so soft. I suppose I should have taken a pic with the mask on.  Wink  Also Ocean Lavender Treatment (cleansing for face and body), Gardeners hand scrub - I can't wait to use this today, and a lavender rug/carpet powder that will get used after each visit from my parents (and their dog). Not pictured because it didn't survive the journey is coconut lavender oil. But it sure made the package smell heavenly!

Chai tea eye pillow that smells amazing, smudge sticks that she made herself! I'm really looking forward to using those. LABELS!!! I've never had labels for my sewing projects before. These are beautiful!!! I'm not excited at all!!!11!!!1!! A packet of bluebonnet seeds (the Texas state flower), yummy teas (including her son's favorite tea for my daughter)

A book "Desserts from an Herb Garden". I can't wait to share this with the mamas today while our kids are spending time in the garden with their Young Roots club.

Gathering apron down...

All tied up! I cannot wait to use this in the garden!!!

Thank you so much. I had so much fun crafting for this swap and love everything I received. I cannot wait to join this one again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013 07:26:18 AM »

Dharma, first I have to say, you are so beautiful!  And yeah, mercury retrograde affects me hard about two or three weeks before it actually starts.  Something "bad" happens and then I Google the schedule and sure enough, it's approaching...  =)

That apron turned out really nice!!  And do you mind taking a few photos of the inside of the Desserts book?  I've had that book on my Amazon wishlist since September 22, 2009!!  Make sure they're closeups, ok?  Hehe.  Just kidding.  Lucky you though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013 07:47:34 AM »

Dharma, first I have to say, you are so beautiful!  And yeah, mercury retrograde affects me hard about two or three weeks before it actually starts.  Something "bad" happens and then I Google the schedule and sure enough, it's approaching...  =)

That apron turned out really nice!!  And do you mind taking a few photos of the inside of the Desserts book?  I've had that book on my Amazon wishlist since September 22, 2009!!  Make sure they're closeups, ok?  Hehe.  Just kidding.  Lucky you though!!

Awwww... thank you so much! You just totally  made my day!

I'd be happy to send you a PM with some recipes if there is anything in particular you are interested in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013 10:26:09 AM »

What is in the foot powder Dreadlocklove?  My son wears his shoes without socks too Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013 10:46:38 AM »

What is in the foot powder Dreadlocklove?  My son wears his shoes without socks too Sad

My partner hasn't sent me the note yet so all I know is the essential oil blend.  Lemon and eucalyptus.  Maybe she can fill you in more.  Or browse Pinterest for some ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
whileitsraining
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013 12:16:12 PM »

My partner hasn't sent me the note yet so all I know is the essential oil blend.  Lemon and eucalyptus.  Maybe she can fill you in more.  Or browse Pinterest for some ideas.

Sorry guys! Wasn't trying to ignore your questions.

The large mystery fabric item is a scarf/tie skirt/bandana top.  I made it on the larger side because when I wear mine I like to wrap the scarf around my head like a bandana then around my hair and roll the hair/scarf into a bun at the nape of my neck and wasn't sure how long your hair was. I also sometimes like to tie it around my waist over a skirt. I just really like the flow and feel of the material and thought it would be perfect for the hot summer weather. 

The foot powder is equal parts baking soda and cornstarch with Lemon and Eucalyptus essential oils. You just shake a little into the shoes at night and then knock them out before you wear them again.  The homemade deoderant is 1/2 cup arrowroot powder, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup coconut oil, and shea butter.  I ran out of arrowroot powder (didn't read the recipe before I went to the store)  so I didn't get a chance to make any for myself, how is it working?  I really want to try using this myself. 

I mainly use my rice packs as cold packs when I get migraines so I used soothing/relaxing scents.  I am very glad you like the skirt!  I didn't use an actual pattern, just a how to tutorial so I was quite pleased it turned out Smiley Also the licorice root is a new one for me, but I was told it helped with cleansing and digestive issues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
donniesgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013 05:43:02 PM »

It is one of my favorite cookbooks.   Smiley  Lemon balm bars, mint truffles, poached pears with sage & honey glaze, apricot rosemary rice pudding...I haven't made one bad thing out of there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013 06:05:57 PM »

Sorry I have been dead in this swap thus far. Pics taken, need to be uploaded and posted. I got a great package from my partner.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Different Celebrities With the Same Dress
Grammys Red-Carpet Style
Jessica Chastain Vs Anne Hathaway Style
Oscars Red Carpet Highlights
Fashion Week Round-Ups: SXSW Style Guide
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...