A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gathered Roots - Round 5 (Gallery)  (Read 3479 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

monnie31
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013 05:50:53 AM »

OH I love the idea of a drying rack!  I would love to see the Pin from Pinterest  Wink

I am also a huge fan of lavender. After buying all sorts of fun essential oils I think sage may be a close second.  Does anyone have a good and cheap place online they like to purchase from?  I NEED to expand my collection. 

I order from a place here in Canada, but they seem really reasonable

K&W Specialities
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013 06:29:47 AM »

OH I love the idea of a drying rack!  I would love to see the Pin from Pinterest  Wink

If you click on the Herbs and Things board in my Pinterest (in signature) you can see the drying rack.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013 09:42:02 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013 08:14:05 AM »

Thanks Monnie I will look into them

OH I love the idea of a drying rack!  I would love to see the Pin from Pinterest  Wink

If you click on the Herbs and Things board in my Pinterest (in signature) you can swe the drying rack.

Got it! Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013 08:24:11 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad you liked everything, donniesgirl. I will admit, my dad helped me with the herb dryer just a little bit. Cheesy  I'm glad everything got there in one piece. When I found the basket at the thrift store I knew I had to figure out a way to make it work for this swap. So happy that everything will be useful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013 08:32:05 AM »

I received a wonderful package today from dreadlocklove  Grin I will get pictures up later this afternoon once all my littles go down for a nap/quiet time.  Thank you so much dreadlocklove! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013 12:46:43 PM »

I have Green Pharmacy too. I like it because the medical information is detailed and believable. He doesn't just say "Don't take any herbal remedies if you're pregnant", but gives specific information about what is fine and what to avoid and why. The same thing for people taking common pharmaceutical therapies, other medical conditions, etc. A great find!

Thanks for the tip on K&W Specialties, Monnie. Their website is desperately in need of an upgrade, but they have a great range of products. I think I may order some soap-making supplies from them.

And speaking of Monnie, I got my supplementary package today, containing bottles of Dandelion, Burdock and Chamomile tinctures. Of course I immediately had to taste them. Burdock is what I expected Dandelion to taste like: bitter and rather sharp. Dandelion is less bitter and more like burnt caramel. And Chamomile is surprisingly spicy - almost cinnamon-like. So now I know. Thanks, Monnie!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013 01:37:50 PM »

Does anyone have a good and cheap place online they like to purchase from?  I NEED to expand my collection. 

Seeing as how you're in the US, I'd definitely recommend Mountain Rose Herbs!! 

I'm in Canada and like to deal with either New Directions Aromatics or Saffire Blue.  Thanks for sharing Monnie, I'm going to look into your suggestion as well.

Oooh, James Duke!!  I've had some of his stuff wished for on Amazon for a really long time!!  And that harvesting basket, I could have used on of those yesterday!  I collected 10 pounds of rhubarb from my garden in the rain and it was more of a challenge to bring it into the house while holding an umbrella than I was expecting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
monnie31
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013 02:06:24 PM »

I have Green Pharmacy too. I like it because the medical information is detailed and believable. He doesn't just say "Don't take any herbal remedies if you're pregnant", but gives specific information about what is fine and what to avoid and why. The same thing for people taking common pharmaceutical therapies, other medical conditions, etc. A great find!

Thanks for the tip on K&W Specialties, Monnie. Their website is desperately in need of an upgrade, but they have a great range of products. I think I may order some soap-making supplies from them.

They are great to deal with, if you have any questions, etc.

And speaking of Monnie, I got my supplementary package today, containing bottles of Dandelion, Burdock and Chamomile tinctures. Of course I immediately had to taste them. Burdock is what I expected Dandelion to taste like: bitter and rather sharp. Dandelion is less bitter and more like burnt caramel. And Chamomile is surprisingly spicy - almost cinnamon-like. So now I know. Thanks, Monnie!

Wulf

NP Wulf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013 02:07:22 PM »

Does anyone have a good and cheap place online they like to purchase from?  I NEED to expand my collection. 

Seeing as how you're in the US, I'd definitely recommend Mountain Rose Herbs!! 

I'm in Canada and like to deal with either New Directions Aromatics or Saffire Blue.  Thanks for sharing Monnie, I'm going to look into your suggestion as well.

I found their prices reasonable for sure.

Oooh, James Duke!!  I've had some of his stuff wished for on Amazon for a really long time!!  And that harvesting basket, I could have used on of those yesterday!  I collected 10 pounds of rhubarb from my garden in the rain and it was more of a challenge to bring it into the house while holding an umbrella than I was expecting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013 07:07:06 AM »

Ok I got my wonderful package yesterday from dreadlocklove and man oh man did it smell GREAT!  She defiantly played to my love of lavender and I am so thrilled  Grin

First is a set of 4 bath bombs, two bars of soap, and a lip balm.  All contain lavender and smell great!  I have already been using the lip balm and it a feels nice on my lips.  I am not sure what else is in it but I love it. 

Next up is the basket with all of the bath lovelies in it.  It is a very sturdy crocheted basket with handles, I carried most of my haul in it to take pictures and it held it all just fine.  I love the colors too.

Next is a hand/body/face lotion made with vitamin E.  I was very excited to receive this as I am beginning to realize how poorly I take care of my skin.  My face and arms in particular as they get the most sun.  Also in this picture is a loose incense smudge mix that she purchased online.  It contains lavender ( Grin ), cedar, sage, rosemary, and black Etheopean resin.  It smells great and I look forward to using it to help cleanse our rental once we get to Oklahoma.

Here is a spicy bbq spice run that is coming on the road with us.  Both my husband and my dad are big bbq buffs and we are staying with my parents for a few days in between NJ and OK so this will get used soon.  Also some spruce tip salt, I am not sure what I will be using this for, but I love trying new things.

Here are two jars of jellies.  There is a spruce tip jelly and a lilac jelly.  I am especially curious about the lilac jelly as it is my second favorite flower and floral scent!

These are two adorable crocheted coasters with tiny leaves.  These will defiantly find a home on my everyday altar once it gets set back up in Oklahoma.

Lastly is some herbs.  A very large bag of ceremonial white sage (one of my specific wishes!) Some while harvested Sweet Fern from dreadlocklove's cottage.  She tells me this can be used in tea or burned as incense.  I plan to try it both ways.  Also there is some Orange Mint and celeriac leaves.  I plan to use the mint in tea and the celeriac leaves in cooking, most likely when I make some veggie stock for the freezer.

Thank you so much!  I am very excited to try out some new things that you sent me as well as enjoying all the fabulous lavender products. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013 07:08:34 AM by whileitsraining » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Product Review: Kevin Murphy Hair Mist Review
How To Get Easy Beach Waves With A Straightener
Festival Celebrates Natural Hair and Culture
Beauty Report: A/W Hair Care Essentials
How To Do a Fishtail Braid Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...