A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gathered Roots - Round 5 (Gallery)  (Read 3302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« on: June 14, 2013 10:55:56 AM »

Discussion thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422949.msg5024082#msg5024082

We have a sender!

Partners

Eclectic Dreamer (FEEDBACK) <---> jnny_heck (FEEDBACK)
monnie31 (FEEDBACK) <---> Wulf (FEEDBACK)
hawkeyes_girl (FEEDBACK) <---> Eiseldora (FEEDBACK)
whileitsraining (FEEDBACK) <---> dreadlocklove (FEEDBACK)
dharma_rebel (FEEDBACK) <---> donniesgirl (FEEDBACK)
gingerpeachy (FEEDBACK) <---> dichotomy (FEEDBACK)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013 12:06:17 PM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
monnie31
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013 02:49:31 PM »

Woo hoo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013 01:40:17 PM »

Heavy rain this morning put a stop to what I was going to do today, but it gave me a chance to unpack what received from Monnie on Friday. (Anyone who's ever had Monnie as a partner knows that you need to set aside some time to unpack one of her massive packages!)

In several little green flowered pouches there were a container of chai tea, bags of burdock root chai and dandelion root chai, and a dozen bags of other loose herbs:
chamomile, burdock root, calendula, comfrey, sage, St. John's wort, stinging nettle, hyssop, dandelion leaf, root and flower, and green tea.

Then there was a bag of body powder (really nice scent), a jar of "Granny's Herbal Salve", a bar of homemade shaving soap (which is exactly the right size to fit my shaving mug!), a small blank "Herbs" notebook, more empty bags (always handy) and a whole bunch of empty jars, phials and containers, including some very attractive Avon jars. So useful!

More Avon bottles, and a bag of empty plastic bottles and containers. Believe it or not, I went to three or four dollar stores last week looking for exactly this kind of little plastic bottle, and couldn't find any! Thanks for reading my mind, Monnie! Cheesy

There were actually two of these black and orange patchwork aprons storage rolls (I just realized), with pockets - there was so much in the box I missed the second one! It was very thoughtful of you to include this blue flowered carry bag, Monnie, because of course I couldn't possibly fit everything back into the box and needed it to carry my loot back into the house! Grin There's a little jar of Eucalyptus Congestion Balm, a wooden box with woodburned decoration, and a large card file box with a set of herbal recipe and information cards.

And finally (almost to the bottom of the box!) there are five bottles of essential oils: sandalwood, lemon, bergamot, patchouli and vetiver (one of my favourite scents!), a pouch of assorted stones (the three at the front are magnets) and a great mini binder with sleeves to hold file cards. I haven't seen anything like this before - it's such a useful idea!

Thanks, Monnie! I love being your partner for swaps, because your packages are always so jam-packed and so varied!

Wulf
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013 03:16:52 PM by Wulf - Reason: not aprons » THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013 03:16:06 PM »

Glad it was useful, 3 tinctures to come too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013 04:11:21 PM »

(Anyone who's ever had Monnie as a partner knows that you need to set aside some time to unpack one of her massive packages!)

It's always takes a good sit down to read through the post her partners post in the galleries too!  Haha!  =)

I'm really intrigued about the burdock and dandelion chai teas!  Never heard of these alternatives but I'll make a point of looking into it.  I can always use more dandelion in my life.  Nice package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
monnie31
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013 05:44:54 PM »

I think I sent him the recipe, it's just my home made chai with dandelion and burdock, I find them bitter so it helps Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013 05:14:02 PM »

Yes, you included the recipe for the chai in the recipe box. I have to admit I haven't tried either of them yet. I keep intending to, but the whole process of going upstairs, putting the kettle on, putting tea in a cup... I keep getting distracted by other tasks and by the time I remember again I'm doing something else. I think I'll go get some ready right now...

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnny_heck

"Behind every successful woman is herself."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013 09:51:46 PM »

Great start to the gallery!  I sent yesterday. I'm looking forward to more creations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donniesgirl
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013 08:57:57 PM »

I received from dharma_rebel today.  Two boxes!

And in box 1...

we have...

A book on medicinal uses for herbs, a lavender scrub, and an herbal drying rack from my Pinterest.  I am nervous about anything that uses tools, so I greatly appreciate the drying rack.  And the scrub is awesome - I love anything with lavender, and I don't know why I have never tried to make it myself.  And the book is huge, so I have some reading to do.  Smiley

And in the second box was...a basket!

I seriously love the basket itself - it is so cute.  But inside there is...

A chamomile hair tea rinse that I'm excited to use.  She also sent a salve with plantain she wild crafted herself to help with bug bite/itch as well as bug spray.  Our house backs up to a creek that has stagnant water in the summer and we seem to be at ground zero for West Nile virus here, so these will both go to good use.  I was just wishing I had something for bug bites a few nights ago.

Thank you dharma_rebel - I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013 09:24:52 PM »

OH I love the idea of a drying rack!  I would love to see the Pin from Pinterest  Wink

I am also a huge fan of lavender. After buying all sorts of fun essential oils I think sage may be a close second.  Does anyone have a good and cheap place online they like to purchase from?  I NEED to expand my collection. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do A Quick And Easy Messy Bun
40s Inspired Hairstyles at Carolina Herrera Fall 2013 Show
Summer Hair Care Tips For Moms
Cut Down Your Morning Routine With the Best Dry Shampoos
How To Blow Dry Your Bangs Like A Pro
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...