A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: friday mushrooms, lino cut fabric print (plus cocktails!)  (Read 4302 times)
Tags for this thread: fabric_printing , mushroom , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wise One
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013 04:37:00 PM »

heheheheh.  when the next cocktail Friday?  and question #2... can we all come too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
mandykaye
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013 12:25:52 AM »

heheheheh.  when the next cocktail Friday?  and question #2... can we all come too?

Yes! They are very good questions! We all want to know Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013 03:52:55 AM »

Wow! I loved the flamingo fabric, but these mushrooms are over the top! And, I love that you carved them separately so you can vary the design. And, now that I know that, I'm even more impressed with how well you did the repeat on the first fabric. Smiley

Ordinarily, I would not recommend wine and sharp carving implements (or even dull ones), but in your case, it seems to be a winning combination! Smiley

lol...The only reason i eyeball the repeat is because I am always too impatient to mark things off properly...I have to get in and print...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013 11:54:29 AM »

coincidentally it is next friday...lol...and yes there is a cocktail with your name on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013 05:13:54 PM »

Edel, it's a good thing that you live an entire continent away (well, just before you get to the other continent, anyway), because I wouldn't be able to resist dropping by, shaker in hand, every Friday. For me, cocktails tend to interrupt creative crafting, but they seem to inspire it for you!

It's not just your lino cutters that are crap - they all are. I just use woodcarving gouges instead. They're sharper, and come in a better selection of shapes and sizes. And you can get tiny ones that are perfect for those fine lines. This is the set I use, but I'm sure something similar is available there.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013 06:39:05 AM »

Edel, it's a good thing that you live an entire continent away (well, just before you get to the other continent, anyway), because I wouldn't be able to resist dropping by, shaker in hand, every Friday. For me, cocktails tend to interrupt creative crafting, but they seem to inspire it for you!

It's not just your lino cutters that are crap - they all are. I just use woodcarving gouges instead. They're sharper, and come in a better selection of shapes and sizes. And you can get tiny ones that are perfect for those fine lines. This is the set I use, but I'm sure something similar is available there.

Wulf

ooh thanks Wulf..i really need some fine ones...will check those out...

so when are you hopping on a boat? We have a couple of shakers, so you don't need to bring one... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013 07:38:14 AM »

And you can get tiny ones that are perfect for those fine lines. This is the set I use, but I'm sure something similar is available there.

Wulf

arrgh damn you Wulf...now I have something else to lust after..Dockyard microcutting tools, not available on this side of the pond, but fortunately some kind retailers will happily send them to me...then I started looking at (and really lusting over) japanese netsuke carving tools...mmmmm (OK I need to get out more)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013 11:12:09 AM »

These are my favorites (next to the flamingos... Grin)...!

Edel...Do you have a beauty supply store?  I have found the best tools that manicurist use...there is one that carves the thinnest of lines (meant to cut cuticles!)...and while there, I found at least four of five other things rather cheap but super adaptable to stamp carving...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Professional-nail-manicure-tools-push-stainless-steel-exfoliate-fork-dead-skin-dead-skin-knife/826048152.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013 12:34:57 PM »

These are my favorites (next to the flamingos... Grin)...!

Edel...Do you have a beauty supply store?  I have found the best tools that manicurist use...there is one that carves the thinnest of lines (meant to cut cuticles!)...and while there, I found at least four of five other things rather cheap but super adaptable to stamp carving...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Professional-nail-manicure-tools-push-stainless-steel-exfoliate-fork-dead-skin-dead-skin-knife/826048152.html

oh they look pretty good, I will check those out..and the flatter ones could be sharpened too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013 12:53:59 PM »

You should be able to find a UK location since these seem to be universal tools...I bought all I needed for about $6 US...they had bins and bins of goodies that could be used for crafting... Grin...I wonder if the gals on the beauty board would know of more possible tools that could be used for carving?

I need to pop over and ask! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peanut Butter Buckeyes Recipe
How to Make Red Velvet Cake
How to Make Cranberry-Orange Loaves
All-Natural Molasses Cookie Recipe
Holiday Sweet Tooth: Eggnog Pound Cake, Chocaolate Ganache
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...