A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Book of Shadows Round 3 Gallery  (Read 4100 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013 06:42:35 PM »

All of these beautiful pages are giving me ideas for more to make. IceKibby, you are an quite the artist. Inspiring, really.

Spazgirl, the voodoo priestess headband looks amazing on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013 08:14:55 PM »

The critter headband is awfully creepy-cute! I'm guessing not a squirrel, because no rodent teeth. Maybe a mole?

I have to admit that, as great as Lexy's pages are (and they are), it's the bandanna that I love the most! Embarrassed I'm not a rainbow kinda guy, but I'd wear that!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sabertooth Pixie
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013 10:19:11 PM »

Those pages are stunning, Icekibby! I especially love the backgrounds. And of course the otters are adorable, especially the wizard guarding the pocket!

Wulf

The wizard otter is my favorite!! Ahhh icekibby I can't get over my stuff. I hope yours comes soon!

The voodoo headband is sooo cool Lexi, I'll have to be inspired to make one for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013 04:28:56 PM »

It is a squirrel indeed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013 11:04:51 PM »

I've been fighting with my camera to get pics taken without whiting everything out. I finally settled on "Fireworks" or "Underwater" settings... hope the pics are okay.

I'm starting with the extras:
Wulf made 3 beautiful stamps, but they are white and my flash keeps whiting them out (can't turn flash off on my digital camera). I will keep trying (though Wulf: if you have a good pic, please share it)

Calligraphy pens

A book, "Good Medicine" by Adolf Hungry Wolf

Now for the amazing book:

Inside the back cover is a pocket with templates for making pockets and notecards to put inside said pockets:

and I think this is my favorite page:

The "Book of Shadows" page actually has lichen glued down so it's textured. And hopefully you can see the antique look of the pages. And he loosely bound the pages so they will all lie flat.

Oh... and I suspect the cover is silk. And the design is painted in copper. Lots and lots of blank pages, and just enough "finished" to give me an idea of what to do with my book Smiley

Wulf: Thank you SOOO much! Seriously, this book FEELS like some of the antique books I have on my shelves and even smells a bit like them too.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013 11:05:29 PM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013 09:51:48 AM »

Here's a photo of the stamps. I didn't think to take one of the stamped image, though.

I have to apologize for the raw silk on the book cover - it was such a good colour, and seemed like such a nice texture, but as I'm sure you've found out by now, it picks up every speck of lint for miles around! Sad

Adolph Hungry Wolf is a favourite author. I especially like the photos of 19th c. chiefs and others in the book.

By the way, I discovered a new paper that I used in this book for the first time, and I can highly recommend it. It's Canson XL "Mix Media". This is the first paper I've found that is not only good for just about every kind of medium I've tried on it, from watercolour to pencil to pastels, but markers don't soak through it at all, and best of all, it gives a beautifully crisp line with calligraphy ink. (I like to use a really sharp nib, which scratches the surface of most papers and makes the ink bleed. This one doesn't, which is brilliant.) Best of all, it's CHEAP! A 14"x17" pad of 60 sheets (way more than I needed for this book) was about $20 at Deserres. Canson papers are really widely available, so it should be easy to find anywhere. I hope they keep making it, because I may never buy another kind of paper again! Cheesy

Glad you liked the book, and I hope you make good use of it.

Wul
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013 02:59:13 PM »

I received today

Table Cloth with painted picture

Candle and Herbs

Recipe Cards and Book Pages and Book
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013 03:36:37 PM by monnie31 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013 06:46:48 PM »

Yay! My package from Sabertooth Pixie arrived today, and it was so very thoughtful and perfect!

She sent me a Carnelian worry stone for confidence and courage, a lapis lazuli pendant that she wire wrapped--beautiful work, by the way! Some Black Cohosh flower essence--I've never used these, but will absolutely try it out. I think I'll carry it with me for when I'm feeling in need, and hopefully there will be some left by the time I have to go to court again. Amber incense--my fave! And some painted pages that I will be putting into my book this weekend.

I'll get some photos later when I can clear off my table to set things out nicely. I just wanted to let everyone know that my package was received and I'm sooo happy!

By the way, the package from Wulf looks really great! I love that stamp with the heart and Triquetra design, so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013 07:18:21 PM »

Betsy, did the book ("folder") cover and necklace not make it, or just no pics?
I was just showing Jereme and I was like, hey wait a minute, I painted a pentagram on fabric..... LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013 08:01:38 PM »

Side note: Anyone interested in Gerald B Gardner, a friend of the HPs of our temple, Ronald Hutton, has made a documentary. It's pretty interesting and also features their friend Phillip Heselton, whom I've met at their house once when he was visiting. So cool! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQbdXCoxC14
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013 08:09:20 PM by Icekibby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Sharpen the Focus
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use Adjustment Layers
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Fix Details with the Clone Stamp Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Correct Colors
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Move Selection from One Image into Another
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...