A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Refashioned Men's Dress Shirts To (Plain) Fabulosity  (Read 1610 times)
Tags for this thread: refashion , blouse , dress_shirt , shirt , button_down  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Forteisbest
« on: June 11, 2013 11:34:14 PM »

But I didn't make them super fancy, because I don't like super fancy things.  And also, no tutorial yet, but I'll make one next time I get a shirt to refashion.  I wanted to practice a bit and perfect some skills (particularly the sleeves, blarg) before I posted a tutorial.  That way I'll be less confusing.  Meanwhile, here, have some...inspiration or some-such.

After many (or two) failed attempts, my first ever successful refashion of a shirt.  It was super-difficult, and took me about three hours.  There's a bit of a pucker under the armpit, but due to the lovely fabric pattern, it can't be seen unless you know where to look. Wink

Second attempt, and one of my favorites because the colors. I figured out if you attach the top and sides of the sleeves before you sew the underside/seam, they go on smoother.  That way you can just sew up the side of the shirt, and onto the sleeve in one smooth motion, thereby eliminating puckers.

Third attempt.  This shirt had longer sleeves, and I kinda wanted to keep them.  So I did this fancy thing.

Fancy button-cuffs.  I've since learned a better way to do this that doesn't...fray so quickly.  But first attempt at ever doing anything longer than a short sleeve, and I like it.

I also added darts to see what they'd do, and to make this a bit more fitted.  But I hated the way they looked on the front of the blouse, so I covered them with mini-pockets.  See?  Mini-pocket covering up dart.  The darts were straight and even and in the right place, and such, I just don't like the way they look.

Fourth attempt, I tried to make it a bit longer, and a bit looser.  No darts.  No pockets.  Now that I'm a "pro" at this plain-shirt-to-plain-shirt, I'll make up a tutorial for you all when I get a new shirt. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silk81
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013 02:45:39 AM »

great shirts! I'm looking forward to the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photomart’s Summer Workshop
Latest Digital Cameras
Extreme Sports Photography
Latest Cameras in the Market
New Releases for Photographers
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...