I know: It's been (quite) a while since I last Posted: please forgive me and have a look at these recent projects.
The first thing I did (and only took one pic of) was Tote bag Simplicity 9658 (tote B)
It was a not very really thick cotton (I think) The bottom band was actually a Table-cloth material. Very thin: well worth using as the bottom band, which I think is there mostly for looks, not for extra strength.
It was not a very thick black cotton, and was rather limp, so to stiffen it up, I put stiffening Seams on the outside corners. Unfortunately, in this photo, they aren't that evident. They worked well, though: it stiffened up the sides of the tote, so it wasn't flopping over. (Even lining it with self-material wouldn't have stiffened it up enough, I didn't think)
Next, was a duffel bag: done from Butterick 6678, Bag B
This is the end product: I'd had to change a couple of things, including the drawstring length
Here's the back: I put on a strap, this time.
The first one of this pattern I'd made din't have a strap: It was based on the Red Bag in "The Bourne Identity" movie.,
Silly me, I put the "Star Applique" on first, before even sewing my first stitch. I really thought it would be in the middle of the front: it wasn't. (It was close, but ... close only counts on Horseshoes and Hand Grenades.) So, I added some Crystal, glue-on things.
I had wanted to make this out of a denim, and so did. I'd wanted the fancy, sparklies on it, and there they are. I was actually planning to use brass-coloured grommets around the top, but there weren't any available, so I went with white.
The last thing I mad on my Sewing Marathon was a newsboy Cap. I have the material for over half a dozen of these, but chose this material. It's been a long while since I made one, but it turned out alright. I messed up on the gathering; they say the gathering thread has to go on the inside, by the lining. They mean it. I've forgotten which one this is, except that it's a Kwik Sew.
(Just remembered! it's Kwik-Sew 3133.