A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: RESTAURANT TABLE CLOTHS AND NAPKINS  (Read 723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Reno2
« on: June 09, 2013 04:48:30 PM »

I am occasionally gifted with restaurant linen that is no longer usable.  These are high-quality white table cloths (Riegel, 100 percent polyester, 52" X 52").  Napkins are 18" X 18" of the same color and material.  Some are stained with ink, where people have written on them.  Some napkins have lipstick on them.  My question is not about stain removal, but how to make use of the unstained parts of the material.  Any suggestions? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MAmadurk
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013 08:18:00 AM »

While polyester is not usually the first choice for quilters, these would make wonderfully sturdy foundations for utility quilts--left plain if clean or stitch patterns over them if not.  These would be great for homeless quilts or for nursing home quilts or for animal shelters.  The napkins would already be uniform size and the tablecloths would be a great size for lap quilts or could be pieced for different sizes.

MAmadurk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't consider myself a book collector.  I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe.   -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books.  -Thomas Jefferson
Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013 04:33:04 PM »

They'd make good, sturdy outdoor items like cushions, pillows, or a picnic blanket.  You'd be able to bleach or sun stains out easily since they're white.  You could also sew up tote bags, reusable shopping bags, pet beds, or something like a furniture slipcover.  I could see the 18x18 napkins as heavy-duty totes with embroidery or stenciling on them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LizzyEU
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013 07:38:10 AM »

Off the top of my head, some things come to mind:

bread basket lining, laundry bin lining (or laundry bags), washing bags for nylon stockings and other delicate laundry, re-usable grocery bags and diaper bags, frilly lamp shades, couch cover/blanket (from a lot of small pieces) and pillows, bed skirts, rag dolls or other children's playthings, inside and outside lining for cereal boxes cut to the shape of magazine holders, pencil pouches for children and larger holders for brushes (either for artists or for make-up), book covers (with elastic band) for school-going children for their rented books, rag rugs for the bathroom, shoe organizers, etc
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013 07:49:10 AM by LizzyEU » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Gift Personal
How to Tie Bows
How to Create Artistic Gift Tags
How to Create a Ribbon Rose
How to Do a Blanket Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...