A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Williamsburg VA- Any GREAT crafty stores I need to visit?  (Read 1020 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ttchica78

Left handed hooker

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 07, 2005 09:29:56 AM »

I'm spending my annual week in Williamsburg in September.  Are there any locals that can reccomend fabric and crafty stores?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ayn
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005 09:34:41 AM »

Hi there -- haven't been to or lived in the Williamsburg area in quite a few years -- but assuming you'll have your own car, I'd highly recommend you check out the very-nearby "Williamsburg Pottery." Don't worry, it isn't 'merely' a pottery (although it did start out as one many yrs ago) --- what it IS is a an awesomely humongous sprawling warehouse-like assortment of buidings all totally chock-full of a completely indescribable range of stuff thatI guarantee will interest, intrigue, & inspire any even-vaguely-sorta-kinda craftsy person ... and don't say I didn't warn ya, lol

Williamsburg Pottery Factory & Williamsburg Pottery Outlets - Route 60 W / Richmond Road / Lightfoot / 757-564-3326 - The original discounter in the Williamsburg area was the Williamsburg Pottery. They came up with the idea to sell their handmade pottery along side cost overruns and seconds they located through their business dealings. For over 60 years the Pottery has made a name for itself as the "bizarre bazaar."

[[btw, if you like discount/outlet shopping ... Along Route 60 to the Pottery -- & perhaps nowadays even way beyond that -- there are numerous other outlet-type places for all sorts of different stuff from clothing to candles to u-name-it -- and there's also a small outlet complex right beside the Pottery]]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Uses Smoke to Create Stunning Paintings
Art Worth $30 Million Found in Garage
Free Agents Set It Off in Miami
Piero Della Francesca: Incorporating the Home Into Art
Famous Street Artist Saber Tells People To Buy Some Paint, Get Involved
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...