A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
820 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Waaaaaaaaaaaaay creepy crafts  (Read 10101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poto_fan

No day But today

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2005 06:57:17 PM »

I think that's totally disgusting...what would someone do with a rat/mouse head??? eat it??? wear it???gross people out??? eww....now I am thinking of being a vegetarian.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The heart may freeze or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn
There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today
mooniemanx
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2005 03:00:38 PM »

well, this is the post that inspired me to join up on this site. You guys are weird enough for me!
The pics were fascinating. I hope his macabre humor stops there. It could get scary if it didint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
biafrabitches236
I'm poor and I'm weird baby, you got no time for me

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2005 03:20:38 PM »

now I am thinking of being a vegetarian.....

yay Smiley

go for it

[veggie for over 2.5 years, I believe]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freedom is given, speak how you feel
I have no freedom, how do you feel?
they can lie to my face, but not to my heart
if we stand together, it'll just be the start
[sham 69 - if the kids are united]  <3
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2005 08:17:33 PM »

I wouldn't buy any of that, but someone else might. And plus, I'm glad shes not killing the animals like that other biaaaattttccchhhh nathalia edenmont.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
dalilah
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2005 01:56:01 PM »

I think I actually dated "skinned weasel head". Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaffne

Licensed to quill!!!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005 03:24:11 PM »

Yeek: first think I looked at is 'Jitterbug' and I'm so freaked I ain't looking at anything else...I just know I'm gonna have nightmares tonight over skinned rats (I think) with empty rib cages dancing with flailing tails...

Arghhhhhhhh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleblue

Seduce my mind and you can have my body..

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2005 10:46:14 AM »

i would only classify tht as art because it an expression of the maker . otherwise that hat i must say i find that positively revolting. this reminds me of a sad stroy in which a woman goes around teh world looking for aborted babies. she washes them, clothes them in brand new baby clothes, sings them a lullaby names them and burry;s them regardless of the state of decomposure theyre in. it takes ALOT of heart to be able to pull something so unonditionaly giving as that. she bought a plot and turned it into a cemetery in which she gives the named children a proper burial. that is why i have a millimetre of faith in man kind's humanity.

anout teh shelter thing. i wanted to volunter at a local shelter when i was of age just because i love animals .some of the comments are a bit dissuading. should i still go for it?. hrmm i prolly will because if i stop caring who will then take my place.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That had better be a Herbal Essence commercial I hear in there!
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2005 11:13:16 AM »

i would only classify tht as art because it an expression of the maker . otherwise that hat i must say i find that positively revolting. this reminds me of a sad stroy in which a woman goes around teh world looking for aborted babies. she washes them, clothes them in brand new baby clothes, sings them a lullaby names them and burry;s them regardless of the state of decomposure theyre in. it takes ALOT of heart to be able to pull something so unonditionaly giving as that. she bought a plot and turned it into a cemetery in which she gives the named children a proper burial. that is why i have a millimetre of faith in man kind's humanity.

anout teh shelter thing. i wanted to volunter at a local shelter when i was of age just because i love animals .some of the comments are a bit dissuading. should i still go for it?. hrmm i prolly will because if i stop caring who will then take my place.?

Can you point me in the direction of a link about that woman?  Or do you know her name? I'd like to read about her...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
meg4568
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2005 01:08:35 PM »

personnaly, i find what that woman does offensive. I will not go into why, because my debates dont tend to go well on craftste, but if you want to argue about it, PM me. but i have also herd stories about people who do that and break very strick biohazard laws, which is just not smart.

Just be considerate of what type of shelter you work in. i work in an animal hospital and i have seen MANY horrific things. I saw one dog this saturday that made me have to leave work early and i cried for hours afterwards.
any shelter is going to be hard to work in once in a while. You could work in a place like the humane society that usually only deals with adoptable dogs. (but still put down an amazing amount on a daily basis.)
If thats a problem, there are no kill shelters. but you may see a lot of sad cases where the animal SHOULD be euthenised, but isn't.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2005 12:48:58 PM »

Quote from: michaelasmom on Today at 02:09:20 PM
My husband's college roomate dabbled in taxidermy, and to pass the time one winter he gathered squirrel carcasses and designed an entire scene of squirrels in a bar -- playing pool, sitting around drinking beer, shooting foosball -- he made the little pool table with balls, cues, everything.  It was hysterical in a 'I can't believe you did that with dead squirrels' kind of way.

Okay that's pretty damn funny.

I agree........maniac ally laughing.

The best part?  he actually sold it to one of those generic chain steakhouse places that you see everywhere (Logans, Texas Roadhouse, Laredo) for a couple thousand dollars.

Is this guy your husband?HuhCheesy  http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/WIMADdead.html

I also once saw a woman on hgtv or something who made victorian dolls out of dead kittens (natural causes...but still...ick...)

I have  a VERY low threshold for dead animals, artistic or not. Yet they are weirdly fascinating, I must admit. As kids we had an elderly relative who was an avid hunter. My cousins and I would double-dog-dare each other to PEEK into his taxidermy room. They had lots of weird stuff like lamps made out of deer legs. It was kinda disturbing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Master the Twist-Out Hairstyling Method
Try Braided Bangs With a Messy, Braided Pony
How to Create the Donut Bun Look
Tips For Younger Looking Hair
Go Wild with Your Hair Texture
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...