A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Waaaaaaaaaaaaay creepy crafts  (Read 10057 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2005 01:22:54 PM »

I know what you feel about the waste not/want not, but there has to be SOME POINT when we stop recycling. Seriously.

By the way, a friend sent me this link thinking I'd love the squirrel decanter. I do, but I don't want squirrel fur to accidentally get in my booze.

I don't think what the artist is doing is morally wrong, because she is not killing anything but just recycling what is already dead.  I wouldn't want it though.  I don't think I will show this link to my husband because he is really sensitive about this sort of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meg4568
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2005 01:44:23 PM »

not to get off topic, but-

AndreaLH... whats that in you avatar?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zanti MissKnit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005 04:21:12 PM »

Speaking of creepy, eh?

It's an image I manipulated on Clairol.com.  You can upload any face-forward picture and "try" different hairstyles on yourself.  The picture I uploaded is one of our (now-deceased) bearded dragon, Velcro, with a nifty little flippy hairdo added on!

My husband and I laughed so hard at it you would have thought we were stoned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2005 04:26:22 PM »

I know what you feel about the waste not/want not, but there has to be SOME POINT when we stop recycling. Seriously.

By the way, a friend sent me this link thinking I'd love the squirrel decanter. I do, but I don't want squirrel fur to accidentally get in my booze.

I don't think what the artist is doing is morally wrong, because she is not killing anything but just recycling what is already dead.  I wouldn't want it though.  I don't think I will show this link to my husband because he is really sensitive about this sort of thing.

I agree. I don't think what she's doing is wrong by any means. My point is the waste not/want not idea has to end somewhere, or there'll be a website showing lovely crafted items made entirely out of poo (actually I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a site like that).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
Zanti MissKnit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2005 04:43:23 PM »

I agree. I don't think what she's doing is wrong by any means. My point is the waste not/want not idea has to end somewhere, or there'll be a website showing lovely crafted items made entirely out of poo (actually I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a site like that).

I agree with you there, however, if the artist wanted to use her art to make a point about how the wastefulness of our society extends to our companion animals, she could.  For example, the following wording came from the Humane Society of the United States website: 

"Every year, between six and eight million dogs and cats enter U.S. shelters; some three to four million of these animals are euthanized because there are not enough homes for them. "

BTW, Tappanga, I am not trying to flame you or start a fight.  I am in 100% agreement with you on the points you made (and yeah, I wouldn't want squirrel fur in my booze either!   Wink ).  That website + the thought that she probably got some of her subjects from a local shelter is what made me think about this for the past couple of hours.

Andrea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meg4568
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005 05:04:49 PM »

i dunno about other places, but here in good old savannah, GA they will euthinize an unclaimed dog or cat only 11 days after it is picked up.

And that, my friends, is why i have lost faith in humanity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zanti MissKnit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2005 07:12:50 PM »

i dunno about other places, but here in good old savannah, GA they will euthinize an unclaimed dog or cat only 11 days after it is picked up.

And that, my friends, is why i have lost faith in humanity.

Working in a shelter made me lose faith in humanity. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2005 04:41:09 AM »

Quote from: michaelasmom on Today at 02:09:20 PM
My husband's college roomate dabbled in taxidermy, and to pass the time one winter he gathered squirrel carcasses and designed an entire scene of squirrels in a bar -- playing pool, sitting around drinking beer, shooting foosball -- he made the little pool table with balls, cues, everything.  It was hysterical in a 'I can't believe you did that with dead squirrels' kind of way.

Okay that's pretty damn funny.

I agree........maniac ally laughing.

The best part?  he actually sold it to one of those generic chain steakhouse places that you see everywhere (Logans, Texas Roadhouse, Laredo) for a couple thousand dollars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
iciclegirl
Obey the Chuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2005 06:12:10 PM »

Oooh, the squirrel thing reminds me of an episode of scrubs. The girl commented that she had'nt seen any squirrels since she moved there and the janitor screams "I had nothing to do with it!" and it cuts to a flashback of him having a secret squirrel meeting in his basement with thousands of taxidermied squirrels all around him.  I love that show.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Umberella
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2005 05:54:42 PM »

EEK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Monopoly Tutorial
Horseshoe Pitching Tips
Horseshoe Pitching Grips Tutorial
Learn about Horseshoe Pitching Equipment
Learn about Horseshoe Pitching Rules
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...