A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,778
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Renaissance Dress for 6 bucks, Say What!?  (Read 1526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Lost in Zombieland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 01, 2013 08:21:48 PM »

About a month ago I found out that my local Renaissance Fair would be coming in May (yup a little late in posting this!) and of course you cant go to a Ren fair in every day clothes of this era, it would take away from all the fun that is a Ren fest, plus this WAS my first time ever going to one and I wanted it to be special but seeing as how I was broke I needed to make a dress that was fairly inexpensive. Low and behold my prays were answered when I found 1 dollar fabric! And on top of that my boyfriends costume I had the material for the pants already, his tunic I made out of an old curtain and his vest the material was only a buck as well!!

here I am with the home made root beer that I dream about every year! This was towards the end of the festival (which had gotten rained out the day before we came so it was mud everywhere!) I have acquired a few skins and a mug that has the Ren fair seal on it! You cant see it but I also have an under skirt that I made on as well and the dress is historically made, thats right I had to get sinched into it and needed help getting out of it as well!

Here is my handsome boyfriend who is awesome enough to allow me to dress him up (I am so lucky!) He kinda looks like a tailor apprentice or a toy maker to me Tongue
Like I said with my dress, everything is historically accurate. I hand sewed all the button holes (NEVER AGAIN!) his tunic has a tie and his breeches lace up in the back with buttons in the front. All in all I am really proud of my work since I didnt really have much time to make these and no money at that!

I cant wait for the next Ren fair to come to town! I think our outfits will get better and better the more time (and money) I have!!

If you can walk you can dance; If you can talk you can sing
Art exists in many forms, the trick is to see all of them.

Check out my etsy!
Check out my Blog!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013 08:46:03 PM »

Wow!  So great.  I can't believe you hand sewed all that in just a couple of weeks.  YOU ROCK!

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb & http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreatBigBeautifulDog

2013 Projects Completed: 61
'14: 42 (at least)
'15: 54
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013 01:08:55 AM »

Wow, those are amazing. I can't believe you made them in a couple of weeks... hand sewing!

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013 04:11:27 PM »

Great job, both of you are as cute as buttons!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Barbie Doll
The Benefits of Using DNG in Lightroom
Rendering Previews in Lightroom
How to Draw an F22 Combat Aircraft
How to Draw Fanboy from Fanboy and Chum Chum
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...