A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Medieval/Renaissance Swap - CLOSED - Send by August 17  (Read 3243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« on: July 07, 2005 06:21:29 AM »

Swap name:   Medieval/Renaissance Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:   Writer78
Sign-up date range:   Starts July 7; ends July 13 OR when we have 12 members, whichever comes first
Date to send item by:   August 17

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  12

Non-U.S. participants allowed?  Yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All allowed

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders" list and will not allow those members to participate: Yes

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: Yes

Details of swap:  This swap is for anyone interested in medieval/renaissance times, from serious historians to those who just think castles are pretty!  I will match you based on the few criteria below, and then it is up to partners to PM one another and decide how many items to swap, what to make, etc.  My hope is that this will encourage more communication from the start and that this will drive down the likelihood of anyone flaking.

If you are a ren faire attendee or SCA member, I will try to match you to someone similar so that you can exchange costume items, if you wish.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap   Medieval/Renaissance Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
Are you a reenactor (SCA member, faire attendee, etc.) or are you simply interested in the time period?
Would you enjoy crafts based on: historical medieval/renaissance; fantasty medieval/renaissance (fairies, dragons, wizards, etc.); or both?
Please list any specific restrictions that you need your swap partner to respect (no animal byproducts, no religious references, etc.):

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

onthinice (+ Pegacorn) <-----> wasabipeasrule
kiwitart  <---------->  knitrrgrrl
guinthegoodwitch  <-------->  Duckie
spaz2phreek  <---------->  gothmom
hawkwolf  <----------->Writer78
quack  <--------->  tinygoatstacker

« Last Edit: July 14, 2005 08:04:26 AM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005 07:38:04 AM »

I'm signed up!  I can't wait to get medieval on my crafts!

Before this swap got going, Writer78 and I did a mini-swap just between us.  Here is what we sent...

She sent me two embroidered favors, ren faire pin-back style.  The axe favor is for my hubby, and the bird favor is for me to wear with my costume.  She also sent a fabulous box with costumed people decoupaged on it, and fun little medieval army men!

I sent her a SCA belt style favor embroidered with blackwork, and about seven yards of inkle trim.  I forgot to take a picture of the trim before I sent it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 07:26:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Writer78
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005 07:53:27 AM »

Craftster member OnThinIce would like to help a friend get involved in this swap.  They are friends from the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism, a medieval reenacting group).  The friend is a newbie to Craftster, unable to officially sign up on her own for a swap.  But I have suggested that they team up in making a package for OnThinIce's partner.

If you are interested in being their partner, all you would need to do is make an even number of items so that they can split the goodies between them.  You would NOT need to make several large crafts for two people; a collection of moderate-sized presents - perhaps a "two of each" of several smallish gifts - would be perfect.

If you can help them out, please let me know.  (If no one is comfortable taking this on, I will do it, but I want to let OnThinIce have a chance at a new craft partner, since she has already swapped with me.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005 08:30:30 AM »

Thanks for letting us tag team, Writer78!  Since we will be a charity case, let me sing our praises  Smiley

I am sure there are many more to add, but I know my friend's historical crafts include:  inkle weaving, knitting, spinning, embroidery (blackwork), sewing, and making floss covered buttons.  My historical craftiwork overlaps some of hers:  inkle weaving, knitting, embroidery (blackwork) sewing, woodburning, bookbinding, soap making, and making lucet cord.  I can also bone up on the following if anyone is interested in:  calligraphy, tablet/card weaving, and silk painting.

If I am lucky and my ithra class is not cancelled, I can add shibori to my list this weekend <keeping fingers crossed>

Please volunteer to be our partner...we will make it worth your while <wink>

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Writer78
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005 08:42:35 AM »

Dang... now I want to hog you two as my swap partners!!   Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005 05:32:48 AM »

Four of us are signed up... eight slots to fill...  dive right in, m'lords and ladies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005 10:44:24 AM »

I hope to sign up as soon as my current swap ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kiwitart
Angry Pixie

Writing is like butterfly soup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005 05:47:31 PM »

*gaps* Historical crafts, the only one I really do is calligraphy, I mean I can do embroidery, but I'm not very good. Snaps for knowing some many. I'm much better at sewing and being fantasy related things, like making horns and wings. I wouldn't mind doing two people... as long as they don't find my crafts horrid and too mythical. hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005 05:24:07 PM »

Five have signed up; seven slots remain!  Please join us!!  (We have one crafter so far who is just interested in medieval times in general, so don't worry that you'll "have to" make costume items in order to be involved!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005 05:53:43 AM »

I've changed the dates slightly - final day for signups will be Wednesday.  This way, I will have time to make/send partner assignments on Thursday.  I'm leaving for a weekend trip on Friday, and I want to make sure everybody has the weekend to get started.

We now have seven signups, and we'll take five more.  I need to brag on new swap member Hawkwolf, whose STUNNING chain maille creations are featured in numerous Craftster threads.  I'm starting to recognize the awesome power in the hands of the swap organizer - I get to decide who I will swap with!  The only problem is, there are so many good choices...!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creative Play Date Activities
Make Your Pumpkin "Two Faced" to Cast Images
How to Use Leftovers Wisely
How to Make Unique Handmade Gifts
How to Do an Orchid and Cactus Arrangement
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...