A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: And Still More Teesha Moore Inspired Patches Swap. SU 6/1--6/9. Send out by 6/25  (Read 6840 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StickerChic87
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013 06:33:51 PM »

Mine are done! Now to find the time to swing by the PO.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013 08:56:19 PM »

Oh! I wanted to ask your opinions on using batting vs. stuffing. I did one of each, but I think in the end I like the stuffing better. I think it feels thicker and more secure/sturdy. Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wise One
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013 07:22:29 AM »

Oh! I wanted to ask your opinions on using batting vs. stuffing. I did one of each, but I think in the end I like the stuffing better. I think it feels thicker and more secure/sturdy. Thoughts?
Hey there Sticker - for me, I like the homemade look that the stuffing provides.  My mom tried it with the batting and to me, it looks too even/perfect.  Like something I could buy in a store.  But she likes it so I'm thinking that this is a personal feeling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes not so wise Smiley
Wise One
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013 07:36:59 AM »

Almost finished with my first patch... I ordered a bundle of embroidery thread that should be here by Monday. I can't believe how much fun it is to make these! I'm already regretting not signing up for two partners. After this is over, would anyone be interested in a personal swap?
Hey Alatarial - they sure are fun to make.  I've spent numerous hours making patches.  It's now time to put them together for journals, bags, wall hangings, etc.  Today, I commit to finishing Mom's wall hanging.  Then I think maybe a journal for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013 07:46:10 AM »

Uht oh, Wise One, I make my with batting  Roll Eyes. Since you are my partner, I'll give the stuffing method a try.

My patches are cut out. Some are in the pillow stage and ready to embellish. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
Wise One
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2013 04:47:29 PM »

Uht oh, Wise One, I make my with batting  Roll Eyes. Since you are my partner, I'll give the stuffing method a try.

My patches are cut out. Some are in the pillow stage and ready to embellish. 
Uh oh.  Foot in mouth.  Batting is perfect.  It's funny.  When I was a kid and wearing wonky homemade clothes, I wished and hoped for perfect store bought items.  Now as an adult, I wish and dream and hope for wonky homemade items.  Yep.  How does this happen? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alatarial
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2013 06:55:48 PM »

It's funny.  When I was a kid and wearing wonky homemade clothes, I wished and hoped for perfect store bought items.  Now as an adult, I wish and dream and hope for wonky homemade items.  Yep.  How does this happen?

Same here! Then again, my mum wasn't a very good seamstress, and she has a very...strange...sense of style... She would make us prairie-like dresses out of the old drapery and us kids would hide them in the garage! Now, I'd love to wear handmade everyday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/elenc/

Will personal swap! Please, PM me!
Craftsunderground
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013 07:34:57 AM »

It's funny.  When I was a kid and wearing wonky homemade clothes, I wished and hoped for perfect store bought items.  Now as an adult, I wish and dream and hope for wonky homemade items.  Yep.  How does this happen?

Same here! Then again, my mum wasn't a very good seamstress, and she has a very...strange...sense of style... She would make us prairie-like dresses out of the old drapery and us kids would hide them in the garage! Now, I'd love to wear handmade everyday.

I think that's how my kids feel about things I make for them. That's why I love my fellow Craftsters. At home, I don't get no respect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
Wise One
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013 08:37:32 AM »

Cracking up!  You know those crocheted 'granny square' cardigan with big medallions that everyone wants in bright rainbow colors and thinks is a new idea?  And those jeans with patches sewn all over them that everyone thinks is a new idea?  Talk about wanting to hide in the garage.  Too bad the internet and digital photos and pinterest weren't around in the 70s.  At some point, I'm going to have to make myself a hippy outfit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013 09:55:09 AM »

All you guys are so funny talking all those funny clothes I use to wear LOL!!
And I didn't want to wear some of it, but I wore bell bottoms pants with patches & my Mother made some clothes from her old clothes when I was little. Also when my parents work on a farm before I was born she made clothes for my sister from Flour sacks they were cotton print. So I like making things from old things. Yes I sure wish I had the internet back then I would of loved it!! Remember the spandex suits? My first husband had one Ha,HA  Oh boy!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: Lego Art
Jim Power and the Mosaic Trail
The Brass Ring Project
The Art of Wax Sculpting
The Guinness Museum of Automata
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...