A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Penpals Take Two  (Read 71535 times)
Tags for this thread: penpal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #720 on: March 13, 2006 09:29:50 AM »

Hi- my name is Dawn- although if you passed me on the street and called me Elphalba- Id probably turn and answer, as my craftster identity is so my very own. lol :-) I live in Charlottesville Virginia.
Im 34 years old and am looking for a pen pal in my age range who would like to stay pen pals for a long while, not just write a few letters and fade away. I love long chatty handwritten letters cause theres nothing more fun than coming to your mailbox and finding a letter in there amongst the heaps of bills! Its a sure fire way to put a smile on ones face for the rest of the day knowing someone took the time and energy to actually sit down and write to you. Its a great feeling, and a great way to make long lasting friendships too.
Now a little bit about me.
Im 34 years old, married with 3 children ages 11,12, and almost 15. My stepson however lives in another state with his mother. I love my children and husband no end and will do anything for them, however Im not a pen-paler who will chatter on forever about ones family as I know that can be a tad bit boring for the person at the other end and I'm looking for the same. I'm also not a crazy cat lady ( sorry to offend those who are) hee hee so you wont be getting letter after letter from me about my pets! Whew, Aren't you relieved? You can now let out a deep sigh of relief. lol
I love life and I love to laugh. I laugh at myself all the time. Even if others don't get the joke.(Often times they don't) I love to knit,& do all sorts of various crafts, am also beginning to do visual journaling,oh yeah and am working on sewing a bunch of knitting needle cases and painting a bunch of things for a upcoming craft fair in April.I'm so far behind I'm now in first place!
Other than crafts I love to read. I am a Photographer by trade and I love that dearly. I am in the process of starting to do some freelancing projects again, but with my schedules it has been hard.

Well I will signoff now I hope to get a PM in my mailbox soon saying you'd like to be my pen-pal!
Talk to you soon!
Cheers
Elphalba
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006 10:45:27 AM by Elphalba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
LadyT21
« Reply #721 on: March 14, 2006 07:12:08 PM »

Hi
Bio:My name is Tara from Miami, FL and Im 21 yrs old. Im lesbian and happily taken by my life partner, which also crafts candles and soaps. I make jewelry but open to try more things in crafting. I love to do photography and I do mosly nature and animals,such as dogs, cats,ferrets, birds, and more. I write poetry and stories but I've been in writer's block for a long time now.
What kind of Pen Pal Im looking for:Im mostly looking for a pen pal who is lesbian, bi or straight women. I dont really talk to guys cuz the ones that say hi to me usually are gay or ones that wanna get into my pants. It would be good to find someone who I can talk to and relate to me. Well thats it for now, but if you wanna get to know me holla. If thats  you, PM me anytime.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006 07:23:29 PM by LadyT21 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care, T

My Fave Site: After Dark
lollipop is candy/garbage
« Reply #722 on: March 14, 2006 09:03:06 PM »

Hello

My name is Steph.  I just came accross this post and think it would be so much fun to have a pen pal again.  So umm I'm 23 currently living in Toronto Canada but I have lived in a few other places including London, UK.  I absolutly love to travel.
   I have a degree in fashion design but ended up hating it so I'm currently perusing other options.
   I love animals and have always had a few in the house.  Love to dance and am learning swing and salsa. 
fav food - popcorn, pizza
fav type of movie - horror, comedy
fav type of music -  Embarrassed kinda stuck in the grunge period Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, NIN
fav TV - sopranos, six feet under, nip/tuck
fav book - Dan Brown stuff (cheesey I know Roll Eyes
fav colour - black/red
fav craft - knitting (im a newbie), anything with sculpy
pepsi or coke - pepsi, but with alcohol coke

Are people still doing this, i hope so....
ciao, buh bye
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you are diabetic in that case insulin is.
lemonadelemonade
.Eciwt erehwyreve eb ot tnaw I.

confusion between what we have and what we are...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: March 15, 2006 08:30:30 PM »

I've never had a penpal before, so this might be a lot of fun.

I'm Sally and I'm a 16-year-old Gemini.  I love learning new things.  I knit and read books (simultaneously) as much as time allows.
I believe that high school gets in the way of my education and productivity.  I go to a Catholic all-girls' school and I wish I had more friends that were boys.  And 70% of my theology class doesn't understand my original theory about the afterlife.
I have a passion for travel.  I have seriously considered joining the peace corps someday, although I have also seriously considered making clothes for a living.  There are so many directions I want to take with my life that I haven't committed to one yet (and don't know if I ever will).

I love stories and lists and surprises and games, and...

my only request for a penpal is that you decorate some of the letters and/or envelopes with abstract art.  I'll try my best to do the same.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://goknitstuff.blogspot.com/

"You aren't just knitting.  You are assigning a value to human effort."
-Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
dabba
« Reply #724 on: March 16, 2006 07:17:18 PM »

Oh so much fun!  I haven't had a pen pal for YEARS!! and we till send Christmas cards Cheesy

my  bio:
I'm almost 26.  I live in Indiana.  2 kids, married, dog, house, 2 cars and about a million crafts going on at any time.  I used to be a chef and videographer.  My family will always come first so I stay home because they are young, but I plan on maybe going back to school when they do. 
I would love to talk to any age group.  I seem to be a person that the younger ones can talk to but some of my best friends (mainly my husbands grandmother) is mid-60's.  I like to stay young myself and would try almost anything once.
My crafting list Smiley  crochet, knit scarves (haven't figured anything else out yet), silk-screen, just picked up beading, some sewing, draw and write, learning bass guitar, sing, soap making (know how, just don't do it anymore).  I try to learn new stuff all the time.
Nothing really offends me that much.  I like to believe that I have a great sense of humor and would really enjoy writing to anyone Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dabba

Make all my err... your wists come true!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=92708.0

Starting a "Craftster Blanket" and want more squares??  Give your thought here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=92559.0
Angelika_Kauffman
Why deny the Obvious Child?

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 16, 2006 09:39:31 PM »

I've been following this thread for ever and I guess its time to take the plunge and post!

I'm a Canadian girl in my 20's. I'm a University student studying art history/English/studio photography and loving every minute of it. I dream of being a fashion photographer/fashion designer/independent filmmaker... which is unlikely to happen any time soon, but hey, I can dream! I'm planning to spend several months in Great Britain next year, so a penpal from across the pond would be very cool...but I'll happily write to people from anywhere.

Craftwise, I knit a lot and crochet a little, make felt and spin wool, sew clothes and purses, make some jewelery, and of course, photography. I also love to shop at thriftstores and revamp stuff.

I love "classic" films and cinema history- I'm a bit of a movie buff and know tonnes of useless trivia.
I'm also seriously geeky and love Lord of the Rings (books and films) Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, you name it. Oh, and musicals and Jane Austen ... but I digress.

I don't have cable, but I do watch "American Idol" (my not-so-secret shame) and "House", which is brilliant.

*sigh* I'm an odd one, I know, but I'll send goodies and letters and neat things, I promise!

PM me for details. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #726 on: March 20, 2006 07:15:46 AM »

Ok, I've read through the thread and there are so many INTERESTING people on here!  Here's my info:

My name is Dawn, I'm 39yo, been married for 6 1/2yrs, have 2 children (girl 11yo & boy almost 5yo), no pets currently - but I adore cats, I live in mid-Michigan.  I work full-time at a community college in the testing area.

For crafts - I'm a Jill of all Trades!  I like to try my hand at a bit of everything, but I don't do anything exclusively.  I'm teaching myself to knit right now, just started stenciling clothes, I sew, I scrapbook and make cards (but don't really like it!).  I adore shopping thrift stores and detest paying retail for anything.

I love all things British.  I watch a lot of BBC television, british movies, I love Jason Isaacs and Alan Rickman.  As for movies - Empire Records, Harry Potter, Dream A Little Dream, Princess Bride, Rocky Horror.  Things along that line.

Music?  Violent Femmes, 80's music or new music that sounds 80's, I do like 50'-60's music, I don't care for rap/hiphop/R&B, but I'm pretty open otherwise.  I like to hear NEW stuff.

Books?  I read like a madwoman.  In 7th grade, they ran out of reading books (they didn't go to a high enough reading level for me - I'm so darned smart! ;)LOL) so they taught me speedreading and it's really come in handy!  I like historical fiction, Harry Potter, I'll even delve into a harlequin type book if it's historical!  The ones with cowboys or knights or the like.

I'm pretty open minded about learning new things and it would be great to find someone to share with in another state.

Thanks,
Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veludo
« Reply #727 on: March 20, 2006 04:30:57 PM »

i never had a crafty penpal so i think i'll give it a try.

my name's carla and i am 26.
i'm a graphic designer looking for a job.
i live with my bfriend and my cat.
i like to make lots of things and i am always trying new crafts.
i like to many things to list. you can read some more about me in my livejournal (a_clementina)
i've been penpalling since i was twelve and had lots of penpal through those year, now i only have one penpal and i am looking for someone who will write more than the weather report (it doesn't need to be a five pages letter but it's nice to receive letters that will tell us something about who's  writing Cheesy) and that, hopefully, will exchange letters for a long time. i like that Smiley
i would like my penpal to be around my age and from anywhere Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjk424
« Reply #728 on: March 30, 2006 11:16:27 AM »

Aww, I'm really interested in this! Anyhow, here goes nothing:

My name is Cinthia. I am a 19 (soon to be turning 20  Undecided ) year old college student. I attend SUNY Stony Brook out on Long Island, NY. I am an anthropology major with minors in applied mathematics & statistics and music. I live in Flushing, NY (which is in Queens, one of the five boroughs of NYC) with my family if I'm not dorming in school. My parents are of South Korean descent and I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Kind of odd, eh? Anyhow, I speak English (obviously), decent Korean, and very poor Spanish, Japanese, and French. I like to travel a lot, but I haven't been to many places as of yet. I enjoy movies a lot and my favorite movies list is quite long (some of the top movies are Ever After, Sin City, Silence of the Lambs, and Amadeus). I also like to read quite a bit, but I haven't been doing that much as of lately... Some of my favorite books are A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Hamlet, and The Awakening. As for musical tastes, I listen to pretty dated stuff  Grin Primarily late 90s Brit pop/rock, some 80s new wave, and just whatever happens to catch my fancy (some favorite artists are Garbage, Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Portishead, and Sneaker Pimps).

I like to sew, though I haven't been doing it for awhile. I love to make jewelry out of random trinkets and I absolutely LOVE to shop. I can be quite the bargain hunter! I love sending out presents, and while I would love to participate in one of the swaps that this lovely site has so many of, I just do not have the time to do so (or the post count for that matter!) Umm, I'm not particular to age or sex or even location. Friends are always nice to have, especially those that would like to exchange packages  Wink So, if I sound even at all interesting, please feel free to send me a PM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beguro
« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2006 10:33:20 PM »

oooh!!!  i want a penpal too Smiley

i'm 28, and live in seattle (tho' not by choice).  don't have kidlets yet, but i'm working on talking the husband into that....  i've got a ba in history (german women's history and russian propaganda) but work in management for the man (think bullseye...red and bullseye).  i haven't changed my musical taste since high school...i love liz phair, guided by voices, morrissey, etc.  i spend my free time practicing kendo (japanese version of western fencing...definitel y cheaper and more fun than therapy!), sewing anything i can get my grubby hands on, cruising seattle thrift stores for neat-o objects, reading too many books, drinking good beers, and trying to find/create interesting red shirts to wear to work.  i wanna learn how to do EVErYTHING!  i'd love to correspond with someone who's about the same age as me, but will definitely reply to all....  puh-leeze, write to me....my husband will thank you: he's soo f-ing sick of hearing about all my crafty ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cast Off an Opening in Loom Knitting
How to Cast Off Your Loom Quickly
Explaining Back and Forward Post Crocheting
Diagram Explanation of Never Ending Square Crochet
Differences Between Steel and Plastic Crochet Hooks
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...