A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Penpals Take Two  (Read 73695 times)
Tags for this thread: penpal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ziyun
« Reply #700 on: February 16, 2006 07:19:10 PM »

Hiya!

I'm ZiYun from Singapore and I'm 24 this year. I love craftings and is a newbie. I am slow at getting the crafts completed.. i'll love to have a penpal as i am interested in travelling so would like to know more about other countries' culture! and lastly i love to swap ideas of crafts so that i can learn more and do more crafts! :>
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamedvixen
Not all who wander are lost.

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 16, 2006 07:43:35 PM »

Hi
I'm new to the craftster forum, but I've been crafting my entire life. I'm 23 years old. I live in NC, United States. I've traveled overseas to both France and Italy; I loved it. I'm studying to be a massage therapist. I also love literature (former English major). In high school, I was always in a musical. I grew up dancing (I took my first ballet class when I was 4 years old). I love life and trying new things. I'm interested in world religions and philosophy. I have two cats. One is a fat neurotic black cat named Puck and the other is a grey tabby kitten named Arwen (yes, I love The Lord of the Rings). I'm very celtic (and I have the red hair to prove it). I have even tried to teach myself Irish Gaelic. I love celtic knots. I'm looking for craft patterns that involve them if anyone happens to have some.
Hope to find a pen pal
tamedvixen
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006 11:33:59 AM by tamedvixen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinFish
« Reply #702 on: February 18, 2006 07:15:43 AM »

Hi! I'm Bex, I'm turning 20 on March 7th. I live in St Paul, Minnesota. I've been crafty nearly my whole life, and I have a tendancy to make random stuff on a whim with odd materials. I've just gotten into knitting and scrapbooking, but I also make journals, sew, make jewelry, decoupage, and work with sculpey. I want to learn how to EVERYTHING.
I'm in college- Anthropology major with a focus in Archaeological illustration. I'm a pretty big geek too, and I play video games a ton when I've got the time.  I work in tech support at my school. I've played violin for 17 years, I play a little viola, cello, and guitar,  and I just started harp lessons. I'm interested in nearly everything. I'm an avid reader- mostly science fiction and fantasy, but I'll read anything. I'm neo-druidic, in terms of religion, and I love learning about other religions. I also love cats, though I don't have any- yet.
Hope to find someone soon!  Grin
Bex
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006 03:31:32 PM by bexiecat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

atomickiss

i'm so old school, i'm preschool...werd

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 18, 2006 12:43:43 PM »

hey guys...can we just leave our addresses here and write to each other?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

how can you not like muffins? www.muffinfilms.com and come to think of it, www.makingfiends.com.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: February 18, 2006 01:05:20 PM »

while I'm comfortable leaving my address to any single person here on craftster, I don't want to publish it for the whole world to see - both craftsters and non-craftsters Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #705 on: February 18, 2006 01:12:05 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it.    Smiley  Don't be shy!   Find someone on the thread that you like and PM them!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #706 on: February 18, 2006 03:22:19 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm Brianna, currently 20 years of age and born and bred 'true blue' ie: Australian!.
I get so excited about writing and receiving letters!
I live in Sydney and am currently completing an Arts (Humanities) degree, majoring in Psychology. I'm not too sure where I want to go to that- I have just started trying to save (keyword: trying) for travel and hoping to go to England to live a while, maybe nanny, just gain some new experiences in an entirely new setting.

I work part time at a pharmacy and also coach gymnastics, which I love.

Craftwise I'm more into the papercrafts (because I'm better at them than the other stuff!!) and also beading and jewellery making, but I'd love to learn to knit and improve my sewing abilities.

I absolutely LOVE reading.. I'm an utter fantasy nerd and my fav authors are David Eddings, Robin Hobb and I just read quite a bit of David Gemmel which I enjoyed.

I also love a wide variety music, though I generally prefer heavier and alternative bands (I'm not so great with dividing music into genres) and would help you discover a world of Aussie and NZ talents! (Just a bit of personal advertising there)

I love going out, especially in the city (which is Sydney for me), on a Friday and Saturday night.. I love to dance and I love meeting new people, just chatting and whatnot

I love clothes and fashion and elements from all styles, perfumes and beautfiul scents, relaxing in baths, going on picnics, the city, the country, Kevin Smith movies, cartoons, Robin Williams, travelling, roadtrips, overnight music festivals, dancing and singing really badly to really loud music. 

I also like random facts. And rambles. And when people ramble random facts. Although I don't like random facts that ramble people... ??

Anyway, thats enough from me..
Hope to hear from YOU soon!

Brianna*
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 08:44:07 PM by ViolinRomance » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lol Stein
Cat lady

Atomic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: February 20, 2006 12:28:08 PM »

Is the list current as to who is available for writing?  I would hate to read through 70+ pages of potential pen pals if a lot of them aren't available Sad

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So what are you, a mod or a rocker?
Six of one, half a dozen of the other, really.
------------------------------------------------------------

Want to do a personal swap?
box of purls
« Reply #708 on: February 20, 2006 06:23:22 PM »

I think that the first page list may be because brena80 did a penpal thread cleanup not long ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftmatic
« Reply #709 on: February 24, 2006 09:43:09 AM »

Hi-
I would love a penpal or two or three Wink-
A little about little 'ole me:
Current Profession: SAHM to almost 3 kids...I am expecting my third child on April 9th..
Where I live: Florida Panhandle
Who I'd like to write to: Anyone/Anywhere (US or International) that is interested in writing to me... Grin

Past Professions prior to Mom-hood: Department Store Buyer, Sales Manager Tongue, Merchandiser, Regional Manager of Merchandising Company and then a whole bunch of freelance odd side jobs in between or in addition to the aforementioned

What I like: Reading, gardening (especially flowers & growing my own veggies/herbs), cooking, baking, sewing (when my machine cooperates), mail art, writing poetry and humor, anything that makes me laugh, combing old books/magazines (and new ones for that matter) for great ideas, ephemera, fiber arts, found object/recycled art, reconstructing anything, sculptural influcences in nature, color, textiles (especially vintage), kitsch, finding creative ways to live frugally, spending time with my kids & husband, sharing ideas, traveling, making new friends, finding new uses for old things, word games & having fun!

What I watch: Project Runway & now... Project Jay, Dave Chapelle, The Office, PBS and Food Network Cooking Shows, Antiques Roadshow & on occasion a guilty pleasure is The Bachelor

What I like to listen to: The Smiths, The Pixies, Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Beastie Boys, The Ramones (just to name a few) as well as a lot of current hip-hop.

What I wish I could do: knit, swim, not be claustrophobic, dance in public without being shy about it, never lose my temper, clean my house by twitching my nose

Words to Best Describe Me: silly, smart, selective, kind, fair, concerned, well-intending, liberal, free-thinker, crafty, artistic, sensitive, witty, wiseass, sometimes moody, mostly a homebody, sincere, creative, original, thoughtful, genuine, down-to-earth, driven, passionate, frugal & friendly

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eric LeMay Talks About Immortal Milk
Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi Talk About The Adventures of Meno Series
Susan RoAne Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
John Lithgow Sings from I Got Two Dogs
Novelist Rachel Kushner Reveals Her Best Quality
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...