A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Penpals Take Two  (Read 71517 times)
Tags for this thread: penpal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juja

smile, it keeps people wondering!

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2005 11:28:31 AM »

Ingysoup, I have you beat, I am going to be 46 next month.  I wasn't feeling too old until I started to read these last 29 pages.  How did I get this old?HuhHuhHuh?

Here is my Bio if anyone is interested.
I live in Fort Collins, Co.  I just moved here from Il.  but I grew up in Wis.  I absolutely love it out here! I am married to a great guy, I have 2 adult children from a previous marriage, a 14 yr old stepdaughter and an almost 2 yr old foster son.
I love to sew, quilt, scrapbook ( just starting) currently.  I use to paint alot, crochet and cross-stitch.  With a 2 yr old some things have fallen to the way side for now. I also have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Someday I would I will live where we have acreage so I can get a horse, donkey, couple of goats, an alpaca and whatever else strikes my fancy. Right now I stay home with our son and teach sewing classes for children. I love to work with kids, they are soooo creative.
I battle with depression, which I am on meds for but they only seem to work for awhile.  For the most part, if I get outside more often I seem to do better. I use to be stick thin but have gained weight which I hate. I also hate diets so I am trying to come to a happy compromise.  I love to bake and cook more than I like to diet so needless to say, my diets haven't worked all that well. Oh well......life will go on.
I have just joined my first swap. We are doing a crazy quilt square exchange. I am so excited, it will be sooo much fun to get mail.  I would love to have a pen pal, I love to write letters, but no one seems to appreciate them anymore. Everyone wants email.......

Why do I feel like a desperate lonely person asking for someone to be my friend?Huh??  Weird feeling!

I really am a fun loving person and I do have some friends...Really, I do!

Juja

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaipod
« Reply #231 on: August 19, 2005 11:52:15 AM »

Hi. My name is Kaia.

I am 14. I live in Minnesota. I am very introverted. I am not that exciting come to think of it. I would love to have a penpal though. I am going into 9th grade this year. I play the cello. (not very well though...) I do pretty much everything crafty. Sewing, knitting, cooking, random crafty ventures, etc.  I have been throwing pots on the wheel for 5 years and i love it. I love music. I love beck, guster, tegan and sara, the shins, weezer, bjork, sleater-kinney... and loads more. I love to read. I am a Harry Potter nut. I have and older brother (22) and an older sister (20). I do a lot of crafting with my sister. I love to camp, run, kayak, cross-country ski, canoe, and my parents really want me to start road biking. I'm vegetarian.  If anyone would like to be my penpal I would truly love it. I would really try to keep up and such with writing. ... I sound really boring. heh.

-Kaia-

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"everything you can imagine is real" -pablo picasso.
marta000

Crafting when I can.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 19, 2005 12:43:40 PM »

Yeah! I got my first letter from onesmallinstrument today and it was so beautiful! It had a fabulously decorated envelope, a long letter, and even a sample of her current craft project!  Lots of exclamation points in this post!

Look for a reply very soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uber-crazy
« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2005 01:06:43 PM »

I would really like to join - i hope im not to late.
About me..hmm
Im 16 and going into grade 11. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I am a aquarian <veggie, but not..long story>oh, but i am Aquarius. I adore almost all movies and all types of <horrible> television. I ski in the winter, and do absolutely nothing in the summer. I enjoy most music, even classical, but not rap. And i love to read, during the summer i can go through a book a day <so other readers out there - help me find some new stuff!>. And i probably have a thousand spelling mistakes in this. Right now im feeling really self-conscious about putting my self out there.
thanx, and i would really like a pen-pal.
-D-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grade 11 is poopy! Breakfast Club and A Night At the Roxbury - both kick serious butt - Woot
Happychick
« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2005 01:09:42 PM »

Hey, I'm Rosie, I'm 14, and I'm in Durham, in the UK. I live with my parents (obviously, but unfortunately), and my two brothers, Edward (teddy) who is 11, and Harry (haribo) who is 8. I think. I'm a baaad sister.
I love crafting, 'specially knitting today, but it changes with my mood Grin I also sew, make cards, do a little jewellery, and am currently trying to learn how to crochet. And failing. Miserably. I'll try my hand at pretty much anything really!
Usually I'm fairly sporty, but right now I'm kinda ill with cfs, so...not so much. I'm home tutored, and I plan on taking art and textiles to GCSE, as I'd like to be in the fashion industry when I'm older. I love rockabilly and lolita styles, although they dont really suit me, and I really love haute couture in general, especially this designer http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/assets/cms/cnee_aw06_0172.jpg , who's name I dont know!
I loovvvee reading, and I always have my nose in a book, right now i'm into alistair mcclean, matthew reilly, phillip reeve, robert muchamore and clamp (<3 chobits!). I also like movies, the dead poets society, cause it's just damn good! NBC and POTC for happier movies, Monty python for comedy, and ten things i hate about you and freaky friday for chick flicks. Music-wise, I'm into Greenday, but I only really like nimrod, Coldplay, Franz ferdinand, the white stipes, the feeling, eric clapton, kirsty mccaul, the arctic monkeys, Jamie cullum...nya. I hate these things. I can never think of anything. Oh, Bloc party...the foo fighters....muse... hmm. Yeah.
Oh, and I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Like...MASSIVE. Very disapointed with the 4th movie.
Random stuff about me - I wear black and red ALOT. Like...all the time...i guess i look quite emo-kid-ish, but I'm not at all emoey in character. I'm a very upbeat person, I have a balloon obsession, I loove disney, my favourite disney princess is Jasmine, favourite animated disney movie is a tie between aladdin and the lion king.

Hmm. Cant think of any more.
xx
Rosie
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006 07:23:17 AM by Happychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lyric

Mommy and Aiden <3

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 19, 2005 02:03:10 PM »

my name is Lyric
I'm 21 & I live in North Carolina.
I moved here from Atlanta about 6 months ago.
I have a son who has lived with my parents in savannah for the past year (he's almost 3)
I have a b.f. who is a professional photographer and we plan on opening the studio up to the public in September.
I *try* to assist him and learn as much as possible. I hope to become his partner one day.. and maybe life partner too...
We love alternative lifestyles & music.where pretty eclectic though. and stuff.
we like music like the pixies, wilco, the avett bros.,bjork, le tigre, sleeter-kinney blah blah blah  etc etc.
i like punk and art/pop punk, whiney emo crap.weird bluesy country stuff & on and on...

I'm a solitary person lately. i have made NO friends since i moved here.
I just sorta work and hang out with him.
and try to learn stuff. but mostly try to avoid learning stuff because i'm sorta lazy sometimes. Though I prefer the term "overwhelmed" Wink

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a penpal.
isnt it obvious i'm in desperate need of some friends.
Sad

i'm gonna try to scan through these but my attention span is pretty spastic so...
if anyone sees this and is interested message me!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2005 04:58:59 PM »

my name is Lyric
I'm 21 & I live in North Carolina.
I moved here from Atlanta about 6 months ago.
I have a son who has lived with my parents in savannah for the past year (he's almost 3)
I have a b.f. who is a professional photographer and we plan on opening the studio up to the public in September.
I *try* to assist him and learn as much as possible. I hope to become his partner one day.. and maybe life partner too...
We love alternative lifestyles & music.where pretty eclectic though. and stuff.
we like music like the pixies, wilco, the avett bros.,bjork, le tigre, sleeter-kinney blah blah blah  etc etc.
i like punk and art/pop punk, whiney emo crap.weird bluesy country stuff & on and on...

I'm a solitary person lately. i have made NO friends since i moved here.
I just sorta work and hang out with him.
and try to learn stuff. but mostly try to avoid learning stuff because i'm sorta lazy sometimes. Though I prefer the term "overwhelmed" Wink

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a penpal.
isnt it obvious i'm in desperate need of some friends.
Sad

i'm gonna try to scan through these but my attention span is pretty spastic so...
if anyone sees this and is interested message me!  Grin

where in nc are you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Lyric

Mommy and Aiden <3

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 20, 2005 10:25:41 PM »

[/quote]

where in nc are you?
[/quote]

Hi Viciouskittie! I live in Southern Pines which is a small town near an equally small town Pinehurst where the u.s. open was held (puke. hah)
I see you live in Wilmington which isn't far!!!
about two hours or so??
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toadstool

'Ol Green Eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2005 10:35:53 PM »

Southern Pines! My parents stayed there during the BaristaJAM (A coffee fest of some sort)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
16candles
Impulsive Letter Writer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2005 10:59:32 PM »

I have to admit I would love a crafty penpal.  I adore getting mail.
My name is Leah (hi leah) and I'm from Calgary, AB just like uber_crazy <i unfortunately know her>  I'm 16 years old, and work at Toys R Us.  I love listening to music, my fav. bands are Hot Hot Heat, Rooney, Plain White T's and The Killers.  I also play piano, just not classical. I am addicted to Gilmore Girls and The O.C. which are the only two shows i consistently watch, cause I have peasantvision.  I'm going into grade 11, and totally dreading school.  I tend to randomly make quick impulsive crafts.  As I have the attention span of a six year old.  I also have the personality of a six year old.  I adore little kid cartoons even though I don't watch them, it comes with working in a toy store.  I play basketball, but may quit in the fall due to sexist pigs coaching (starts cursing) oh sorry about that.  I read a lot of chick lit, because it is easy to read.  I am a harry potter/star wars nerd *yes d i am admitting to it*  I have an older brother. I'm kind of fence sitting between being agnostic and atheist but my parents will never know that. I would love to have a penpal from here, no distance is to great.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005 06:56:48 AM by 16candles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion is feeding us identification.
http://www.geocities.com/dropdowngorgeous/
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
You Can Do What With Double-Sided Tape?
Different Ways To Wear A Striped Shirt
The Mod Style Is Back In A Big Way
Lily Aldridge on Bikinis and Her Celebrity Girl Crushes
How to Dress for a Holiday
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...