A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Penpals Take Two  (Read 73189 times)
Tags for this thread: penpal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2005 06:14:09 AM »

oooh! i was waiting to hear that pinkmafia!!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2005 11:41:34 AM »

I can't believe I hadn't found this thread yet! I'm really excited to get started.
I have noticed that I don't seem to have a lot in common with some of you. (I also seem to have a little in common with just about everyone. Cheesy)

Let's see, I'm 24 and live in Austin, TX with my fianc and 2 cats. (My fianc is 30, works in the tech industry, and loves me very much. We plan to get married in March. If you're my penpal, I hope you like to hear about him. Oh, and our cats too, because they are absolute nutters.)

I attend the University of Tx and am studying English and Nutrition. My current job is as the About Running Guide, though I plan to write novels sometime. I'm also one of those people who loves to write (and read) long letters, so I won't be someone who stops writing after just a few times.

I love romance (movies, novels, poetry) and kitties and other girly things. I'm pagan and proud. I try to be very open-minded. (Really, I just believe that we should all be allowed to believe what we believe and talk about it in civilized ways without having to prove we are "right".)

Some things I like to do: write, read, knit, sew, shop, watch tv and movies (fiirefly, scrubs, murder she wrote, monk, codename kids next door, and tons of movies), eat (no wheat though!), exercise (mostly run and swim), play poker and any other game I can convince someone to play with me, and spend time with my sweety and kitties.

I don't really dig any particular music. I'm not a fan of Napoleon Dynamite and am not really all that into skulls. Nor am I into anime or manga (though I do speak some Japanese). I feel like these things make me a minority at craftster, but I dig that, even so, everyone seems to be nice.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005 12:01:38 PM by girlfriday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is love? As far as I can tell, it is passion, admiration and respect. If you have two, you have enough. If you have all three, you don't have to die to go to heaven."
William Wharton
GreatBallofFire
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2005 05:53:00 PM »

My name is Kristina. I'm 18 years old and I live in Climax, MI (yes it really is the name of a town!) I'll be moving to East Lansing in less than a month to start my Pre-Medical studies at Michigan State University. I'm a firey red head, strong willed and free spirited.

I come from a long line of crafters and career crafters. I knit, sew, crochet and write. I'm a die hard lover of slam poetry (www.poetryslam.org)

I went to England to meet my 7 year pen pal last summer. I stayed w/ her and her parents in Kidderminster and we toured England and France. I fell in love with it all. I plan on returning to London in two years to attend a study abroad medical program at the University of London/University College Hospital.

I love classic authors and chick lit. My music tastes are very wide, I just dont' like rap. Currently, I'm listening to Peter Cincotti and a lot of recorded slam poetry.

I love international relations and would love to make contact with anyone (inside or outside the US).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Knitting Journal
www.sticksnloans.blogger.com
irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2005 06:56:50 PM »

I sent my letters!  Hope you get them soon! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
tigerEyes
Super Flirt! *wink*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2005 04:10:43 PM »

This sounds like fun!  The last time I had a penpal was back in 3rd grade and they never wrote back. Sad

My name is Lauren and I'm 23.  I live in Baltimore, Maryland where I was born and raised (although not in the same area).  I currently am a junior in college, studying fine art photography but I've been to two other colleges prior to my current one.  I technically live at home with my mom and her boyfriend but I live above them.  When I'm not in school, I work part time as a photo lab technician being bored to death.  I have an strange arrangement with a 38 year old guy (which I'll go into detail if your my penpal) but I'm currently looking for a "normal" guy.  I have no pets except a mouse that lives in my apartment.

I don't have any favorites when it comes to music or movies.  I tend to watch too much TV and I have a problem of starting things and not completing them.  I do love to read but it's rare that I read any fiction works..mainly I read how-do books or art books.  I love to cook (and eat) and I love to send people baked goods over the holidays (I went to culinary college for one year for my interest in making designer cakes).

My interest vary from day to day but I love to learn about different cultures and countries. I've always wanted to travel but my family and I could never afford to go anyway or other things happened that changed my travel plans.  After I do graduate I'm heading to NY for grad school just to get away from this little big town.

I've been told I'm a mystery that's hard to crack.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to solve my own case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I get sh*t done!
girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2005 07:33:08 PM »

Wow! Thanks to my new penpals! I think I'm booked! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is love? As far as I can tell, it is passion, admiration and respect. If you have two, you have enough. If you have all three, you don't have to die to go to heaven."
William Wharton
britknit
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2005 02:20:34 AM »

YAY! I got my first letter from Br1na, today!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like work; it fascinates me.  I can sit and look at it for hours. - Jerome K. Jerome
sleepywalkin
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2005 08:15:06 AM »

just an FYI that i sent letters to PinkKittie and KatieKat82.  You should receive them any day now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - oscar wilde
xXcherrie-lynnXx
aka Pink Kittie

Just Let Me Craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2005 09:47:52 AM »

just an FYI that i sent letters to PinkKittie and KatieKat82.  You should receive them any day now.

I got ur's saturday, and already wrote you back! just have to mail it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2005 09:59:08 AM »

Hey BlueSparkie!

I got your letter!  It came on the day that I was moving into my new residence so it made me feel right at home.   Thank you!

I'll be writing you back soon!   Yay!   I love penpals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Curly Hair
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Finishing the Look
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Neutralizing and Conditioning
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Processing the Relaxer
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Applying the Relaxer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...