A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Penpals Take Two  (Read 71598 times)
Tags for this thread: penpal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2005 05:27:43 AM »

This thread is a second version of the "Might not count as a craft - but please don't all attack me".

The purpose: to get some crafty pen pals! 

End date: The other post had an end date, but I don't plan on doing that... I'll just let everyone know when I'm ready to be done (not expecting that to happen anytime soon) and we'll decide what to do.

Note: This is not an official swap so you do not have to meet any of the swap requirements.   

The way this works:
1. Post your bio.
2. Look through the bios and pick some pen pals.
3. Look back to this first post and make sure that your picks are still in need of a pen pal.
4. PM them and see if they would like to exchange addresses
5. Write write write!

Pen Pal List

Available
16candles
aasajaa
actoneends
ambrosia_luv
ash a007
audrey blind
avantasia
beans
blue1
bluesparkie
box_of_purls
boywonder
butterflymary
cacarae
clarabelle1228
classycrafter
conley
cookies
crazycharlie
crazygeniusgrl
cueominousmusic
danny_cruz
elyhoo
fadeintoyoureyes
geetar!
goddessterri
got2b4him247
greatballoffire
guinthegoodwitch
hertrigger
hippiechick7
ibimus
ingysoup
itsnikki
janegtar
jelly.
karen gilbert
katiekat82
krazigal72
L
littlenecy
maramalade
marta000
melladh
meowari
mireneh
ms brightside
nicole1
onceuponatime
pas non
pibbgirl
pinkmafia
pipskeak831
pnk elefant
rain
reverend kayla
s.c.k
seampoints
sharre
sleepywalkin
starsaver
thedishclothqueen
tigertrap
twelvety
uber-crazy
veronika
witchybelle4u2
XOcrazy4uXO
xstifflerx
zowolf

Unavailable
abandoned
aisleseven
Autumnelayne
beastbunny
belleaurora
blueblythe
br1na
britknit
brookem
bunnygirl82
c4r0l1n4
craft_t_chic
destino
evilwench
flareon
fruithead
gemjams
giggles
gingery
girlfriday
happychick
hubbyoed
iate86crayons
iliveforjesus
iloveyou330
irid3sc3nt
jazzybee
jm2luver21
juja
k-roc
kaipod
kat_penguino
Kellyd77
kinky twinkie
krysta
lamamarco
letterghost
lexis
love me
lovely flower
lyric
megaknits
mewler
mllejessy
morning star
nushybum
omyluckystars03
onesmallinstrument
ophelia
pink pineapple
pink princess
retro turtle13
roxybadoxy
rumrasin033003
sarchan
skadie
stereodreaming
stiching sister
stummes ding
super geek
surfergrl311
taylynn
teamwang
tigereyes
tinybits
toadstool
tygra
ukeboy
viciouskittie
yoyowa
zemolina
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006 08:34:49 PM by brena80 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kellyd77
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005 08:50:10 AM »

Hi

Think I will join in too Grin

My names Kelly and im 28 and from the noth east in the UK.
I have 2 beautiful daughters Amy and Ella anda fabby partner called Mark who I have been with for 10 years.
I came across this site in March but havent been on for a while until recently and find it soo addictive!! I am desperate to start making clothes and jewellery and anything crafty etc and have enrolled for some courses at my local art and design school for september.
I would like new penpals from anywhere in the world for friendship, sharing ideas, sending eachother things and for long girly chats about everything.
I am not one of these that write a few lines then you dont hear from them again and want someone who is the same.
So if you fancy being my new penpal get writing.

Kelly Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessterri
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005 08:53:46 AM »

I added my bio late in the process of the other penpal list so I thought I'd "officially" join this swap.

I'm quickly pushing 40 -- I swear I feel like I'm still 25 though.  I have to remind myself just how old I am.
I'm from Chicago originally and live in Virginia now -- in between the Blue Ridge and the Shenandoah Mountains.  I'm a long time feminist and politically liberal but am pretty sick of politics after the last campaign season.  I used to be a lawyer but got tired of the system and all the inherent meanness that I saw everywhere.  Now, I'm an Assistant Professor at a small liberal arts college in the communication studies department.  My research -- some would say my obsession -- is with exploring how young women live with the various demands society places on all women to be perfect, feminine, skinny, etc.  I focus on how they experience these issues and internalize them and all.  I wouldn't call myself a Buddhist, however, I do study Zen buddhism and try to sit at least once a day.  
A lot of my creative energies are expressed through my writing.  I'm interested in breaching the divide between academic and popular writing.  So, that means that while most people would call my writing "normal," my colleagues call it "experimental or alternative."  When I'm not writing, I'm usually crafting.  My two biggest crafting passions are making purses and jewelry.  I alternate back and forth depending on where the creative wind blows.  I've recently started making a series of beaded goddess dolls.I also dabble in embroidery, crochet, and decoupage.  I hope to learn how to make glass beads this summer.  
I love to write and miss writing letters.  I'm interesting in writing anywhere.
Terri

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005 09:24:12 AM »

I'm 21 and I live in Portland Oregon. I'm currently not in school, although I have been known to attend every once in a while. I was last studying history at a local school, but often find it hard to keep up on my school work. I just recently cut my work week down to 4 days so I could craft more, and spend less time at the boring copy shop. I love crafting, and am totally obsessed with swaps. I sew. I knit, although not very well. I love paper arts, and I get lots of magazines in the mail. In fact, I love getting mail so much that once, I subscribed to like 15 different catalogs just to get more mail, kinda silly, don't ya think?? I read a lot, and I read almost any form of writing. Books, Comics, magazines and zines. I've lived in Oregon for 3 years, and I really love it. I live with my boyfriend and 2 kitties, Homer and Lelu. We also have two room mates, but they're yucky. I'm a big dork, and I love fantasty sci-fi stuff. I also listen to lots and lots of music, so much, and in such a variety, that I hate labeling the type of music I listen to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005 01:33:20 PM »

I think I'll join this too. Smiley

Hi, I'm Krysta (not my full name but that's what people call me) and I'm 23 years old. I live in a small town in BC, Canada. I just recently graduted from college with a certificate in Applied Business Technology and I am thinking about going back and getting a certificate in Internet Business Technology as well. I also work at the same college I attended. My main job is to work in the cafeteria from September to April but I also do relief work in the mailroom, word processing, switchboard, purchasing and the gym. I work so much lately that I don't have as much time as I'd like to do crafting but I try and craft as often as possible. I live with a wonderful boyfriend of 5 and a half years in an apartment all by ourselves. I don't have any pets (not allowed in any apartments here) apart from my parents dog who I've claimed as mine. I love to read, listen to music, watch movies and enjoy myself outdoors. I'll leave my faves of things out - too many to list and then there would be less to write in my letters!

For crafing I enjoy sewing, paper crafting, book altering, jewelry making, beading and other crafts (embroidery, decoupage, collages... ). I also like to paint and draw but I'm not that great at it. I'm teaching myself how to crochet and knit but the knitting isn't going as well as I'd like.

I've never had a penpal before so I don't know what to write in the first letters but that's okay, I can learn. Wink Oh and I can probably take up to 3 penpals, more if people want to write to me.

There is probably a lot of stuff I failed to mention but I'll remember to write them when I write my letters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006 02:34:37 PM by Krysta » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
bluesparkie

crafter and fashionista

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005 03:08:34 PM »

So exciting!  I haven't had  a pen pal since I was 14.  I'm 23 and currently living in Rhode Island (and hating it!)  I grew up in the Northeast but moved to Portland, Oregon for college, I lived there up until a year ago and moved back east to go to grad school for School Psychology.  Not that the east coast is truly terrible (except that I hate snow), but I LOVED living in Portland and am counting down the months until I can move back (50, yay!!  How pathetic am I?)  

I live by myself in an apartment that is constantly cluttered up with multiple craft projects.  I love to embroider and sew and I am also quite intimate with my bedazzler.  I'm addicted to photography and really wish that I had more time for it.  I absolutely love music, from all sorts of genres... I've got a soft spot for 80's Hair Bands but also anything Vietnam era as well.  I really wish there were more girl bands that really rocked out (like Heart and the Runaways).  My favorite band ever of all time is Aerosmith, I've been listening to them since I was in the womb (thanks, mom!) but I also love good Italian Opera (thanks to my good Italian Grandmother).  Just realizing now that there are zillions of parenthases in this post, sorry guys!

There's so much more but that's the whole point of pen pals, right?  I can't wait to get writing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/bluesparkie

I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a compulsive liar.
fruithead
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005 06:26:54 AM »

yay! so many great people here. i might have to take on multiple pen pals! can't wait to get this going. i've been so bored this summer Sad

letter ghost, my best friend finds herself stuck in halifax during the school year so i've become familiar with your pain. i too have never finished a written peice because they're never good enough for me and i've also used my brain to escape reality. in high school, i used to zone out with this imaginary life i'd created. yeah, i know that sounds crazy but i'm sure you can relate to that. i think i might give the robot thing a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mewler
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005 07:23:04 AM »

Hi! I'm 28, grew up in California, live in New York, married with one cat.
I love getting real mail and sending out real mail and  have a stationery stash that is overtaking my office.
Spend most of my days and nights working. Am constantly dreaming about winning the lottery, going to art school and eating bonbons in front of the tv.
On my way home, I think about all the things I'm going to do when I get home - run on treadmill, clean house, finish knitting a scarf I started in December, learning how to use the sewing machine I bought 4 months ago, paint and yuk it up with my husband. In reality, I order take out and watch A LOT of tv. According to the husband, I have the viewing habits of a 14 year old ( I take it as a compliment)
Most people would say that I was very serious and had no sense of humor.  In truth, I'm just really shy and insecure about making a fool of myself. I do have a sense of humor, it's just that of a 8 year old boy.  Being able to fart on cue is a talent I admire in others. That and making armpit noises.
Wish I had more things to say but I have a dentist appointment to go to.  Happy writings to all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005 10:29:25 AM »

Hi!

I'm Nush/Anushka. I'm fourteen next Thursday (that's July 14th) and have no idea what to write here  Undecided

I live in the outskirts of London, England. I <3 writing and hope to be an author someday, though crafting is currently taking over my life. I used to read like people breathe, but yarn has kind of taken over. Nonetheless, I love reading, writing, books, poetry, knitting, cross-stitch, glass painting, clothes and sock monkies.  Cheesy

I wear glasses with thick lenses and have this ultimate fear of going blind. It scares me. My favourite subjects at school are music, art, textiles and English. I also love languages - I'm taking French and German up to GCSE level and can speak bad Mandarin and Ho'Kien. I play the 'cello and piano.

I love jazz, the blues and early 70s/ late 60s msic; my favourite band is Sly and the Family Stone, my favourite singers Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan and Nina Simone. (I never really connected with Billie Holiday.) My favourite artists are Gustav Klimt (also born 14th July) and Frida Kahlo. My favourite film is Some Like It Hot. *Jack Lemmon RULES*

Every time I have a penpal, the letters peter out. I hope that this won't happen! I'll probably only be able to cope with 1 or 2 penpals. I *really* hope I'll get one!

nush xxxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005 10:39:28 AM »

Nush!  I'll be your pen pal!  Whaddya say?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the Manual Focus Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the ISO Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Format the Memory Card Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Flash Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Exposure Compensation Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...