A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 120444 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1040 on: August 30, 2013 07:40:47 AM »

August's Gryffindor of the Month is...

tiamatfire! Her Pacific Sweater was truly amazing AND she's currently crafting baby #2! Congrats, tiamatfire. Keep crafting!

Let's keep Gryffindor roaring this Fall!

Also...August birthday bash badges are posted on the Gryffindor Bulletin Board. Check um out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1041 on: August 30, 2013 07:57:29 AM »

noodle-bug it's comicwho.com. They don't update as often as I wish but the characters are so adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
tiamatfire
« Reply #1042 on: August 30, 2013 03:01:10 PM »

Aw, thanks Abbeeroad!   Grin  Happily baby #2 is coming along well, measuring a week and a half ahead so I'm now into 2nd trimester.  Only 27 more weeks...

So many great projects too!  I'm not sure if my crafting is about to speed up or slow down as I'm having complications (not baby-endangering ones, just pregnancy wreaking havoc on my body) so with the increased rest I might be able to craft more...or might not be able to depending on what position I can get into Smiley

Love EVERYTHING, and roar roar to Gryffindor for winning the Quidditch cup too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1043 on: August 30, 2013 06:43:25 PM »

Dear Coverlet of the 7 Fandoms,
MEEP!
You were supposed to be done by now, and you're close, it's true.
The new challenge is this: Today I started a full time job and so our leisurely afternoons are gone, gone, gone!  Please cooperate with me when we get our together-time so that you are beautiful and bright in time for gift giving day.
Thanks.
Yours in craftiness,
Ant Back-in-Reality 'Bee

PS- have you seen the amazing projects the others are doing? So cool! Good work to everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1044 on: August 30, 2013 07:20:36 PM »

class-comc
house-gryffendor
project-peacock on blue paper

i have a new set of metallic colored pencils to try out, and i was told they work best on dark paper. so i decided to play with a dark blue in honor of the jobbernol. i'm happy with the drawing, but the pencils didn't have the shine i expected, maybe black paper would be better, or heavy layers of pencil...

class/challenge-house pride
house-gryffendor
project-hedwig sketch

since harry is a gryffendor, i thought that would make hedwig a gryffendor too! i'm a bit stuck on another project, so i'm taking some time to sketch while it think

i also sketched the poor weasly car trapped in the whomping willow...not one of the finer moments for gryffendor

class/challenge-house unity
house-gryffendor
project-hogwarts sketch

the end of summer weather is so nice, it was perfect for sitting out by the lake and sketching our hogwarts home..

class/challenge-bingo
house-gryffendor
project-bingo- 4th row across

i finally have one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1045 on: August 30, 2013 07:44:04 PM »

Wow so many great projects since I was here last! Thank you all so much for all of your SPEW efforts for Erin she has been greatly uplifted by them. I'm sorry if it took me a long time to get back to some of you with our information. Erin was in the hospital again and I didn't have a chance to get online. You all really have wrapped her in so much thoughtfulness and comfort, I will let her thank everyone individually when she posts, but I have been so touched by how amazing you all are.

I have one class to turn in right now but I am hoping to have a few more before the time is up Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Care Package Cookies
Brief Description: One aspect of muggle camping is being sent away to camp for the summer. This is often a mixed bag of emotions for muggle children so their parents send them care packages which are cookies from home thinly disguised as personal care items. So here are some care package chocolate chip cookies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1046 on: August 30, 2013 07:47:03 PM »

Since I had to take another week in the hospital...this time for the mental anguish that all the pain was causing...I didn't have access to much crafting materials.  So I took advantage of the crayons that I was allowed to have and crafted for the only class that I had left to do....

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Wish I Could Go Camping....
Project Description: Since it was impossible for me to actually craft something that I could bring camping because of my illness I longingly drew a picture of the best place that I would love to go camping right now! I would love to go to Arches National Park in Utah and spend a week camping in the glorious beauty of the desert. Especially as the summer is coming to an end.  I imagined that a summer sunset would be the best!!!!  (took me a long time to color because of all the pain and meds... Tongue)

And with muggle studies! I have another Bingo!!!
BINGO!!!! All classes turned in gives me N DOWN
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013 07:55:08 PM by ErinAquaheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1047 on: August 30, 2013 07:52:56 PM »

And on a different note! I received my admittance to St. Mungo's Special Care Unit just as I returned home from my week at the hospital. And I am very thrilled with my wonderful socks, gloves, quills, and dragon egg cores!  It made my return much more comfortable and satisfying. The dragon egg cores were filled with the cutest and best things! I'll have to post a picture as soon as I can get my camera charged!

*note: I have no idea who sent me my wonderful package because your user name was not included! Please shout yourself out so that I can thank you properly!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 31, 2013 01:39:31 AM »

And on a different note! I received my admittance to St. Mungo's Special Care Unit just as I returned home from my week at the hospital. And I am very thrilled with my wonderful socks, gloves, quills, and dragon egg cores!  It made my return much more comfortable and satisfying. The dragon egg cores were filled with the cutest and best things! I'll have to post a picture as soon as I can get my camera charged!

*note: I have no idea who sent me my wonderful package because your user name was not included! Please shout yourself out so that I can thank you properly!*

You really don't have to. Knowing you liked them was good enough. And hey, i got to eat some tasty chocolate, so I'm all set ^^
(Though i am a bit curious about the egg cores, I must admit)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 31, 2013 11:30:41 AM »

I have a few assignments to turn in (finally!), and just before the end of term.
Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Making Magick
Project Page Link (if available): None
Brief Description: I found this wonderful dark blue fabric with stars on it at Value Village a while back and just had to get it and use it for something. I ended up turning it into this door hanger. I played around with the embroidery a bit using chain stitch, cross stitch, split stitch, stem stitch, and straight stitch. I thought that the stars looked like they should glow in the dark so I painted over them with glow in the dark fabric paint. The "DO NOT DISTURB" also glows.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: CoMC
Project Name: Hoo is it?
Brief Description: I turned a portion of a sock into this cute little owl. The ears are blue around the edges like a Jobberknoll and if it were real it would have feathers. I may end up making a lot more little sock owls because my little brother really really wants one
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: St. John's wort oil
Brief Description: I went out and harvested late season some St. John's Wort in July and infused it in almond oil. I think this oil will be turned into a sore muscle salve that my friend's late mother used to make for her, I just need a few dozen jars. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Midsummer than by harvesting St. John's Wort
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Never forget
Brief Description: One of the most important things that you can bring when you go muggle style camping it TP. I made a handy little Tp dispenser out of an empty yogurt container. I cut a slit in the container to dispense the TP and covered it in fun colorful pictures. I say goodbye to damp TP in the morning when I am camping muggle style!
Project Picture:

While I have been away from Hogwarts, I have been busy with baby bunnies and our new goats!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Your Hair With Straightening Iron
Hair How To: Hair Jewellery
How to Do a Crazy Hairstyle
How to Get Disco Hair
How to Create Long Layered Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...