A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,911
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 124181 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: August 28, 2013 06:11:03 PM »

noodle-bug, it's no wonder word is getting around in your family.  All your socks are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
netchez
« Reply #1031 on: August 28, 2013 07:39:00 PM »

I'M DONE!  My O.W.L. IS DONE!   *doing the Happy Dance*

OWL Subject & Option (if available): Study of Ancient Runes -- options 1 and 2
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Runic Alphabet Wall Hanging
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: After doing extensive research on the "net", I chose to make a wall hanging displaying the "Elder Futhark" runic alphabet.  My grandchildren needed this for their SoAR studies.  The hanging contains the symbol, its name, and the English letter/letters it represents.  Their comment was..."now we can write notes and no one can read them".  (Little do they know) I designed some Celtic knot-work for the top of the scroll and a dragon for the bottom. The embroidery is done in Black-work on 14 count Aida cloth, so it would be easier to see from across the room.  It took several weeks to complete the Black-work.

I hung the scroll using a black rope, but decided I did not like the look.

So I went to my Kumihimo loom and braided a new cord in red, white and black, making it shorter in the process.  I have used this particular braid many times and the placement of the colors is very important.  I used 6 packages of embroidery floss for each bobbin.

This is the completed scroll.  I am very happy with my completed project.

BTW... I call BINGO!!  I have now finished row 1 across (OWL -->Complete all Quidditch Projects) and B down (OWL --> Complete every Detention)  GO EAGLES!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013 07:44:33 PM by netchez » THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1032 on: August 28, 2013 07:42:12 PM »

gorgeous OWL - i love the rope you made especially!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
netchez
« Reply #1033 on: August 28, 2013 07:50:30 PM »

@ noodle-bug -- thank you very much for the compliment.  I love doing Kumihimo.  Many of my necklaces use Kumihimo braids in place of chains.  I am looking forward to making a lead rope for a magical creature in the future. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 29, 2013 01:07:04 AM »

That scroll is so very beautiful! The knot and the dragon impresses me the most, cause i could never make anything that pretty.
Good call on the colouring of the rope too, it fits very well =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
Moonflame
« Reply #1035 on: August 29, 2013 04:38:40 AM »

Oh my goodness, Netchez!  The hanging is gorgeous!  And your new cord - I can't believe what a difference it makes.  Lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Naantje
« Reply #1036 on: August 29, 2013 07:32:51 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Initial camera cover
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=427023
Brief Description:
After I made myself a camera cover, my sister asked if I could please make her one too. I gladly obliged and knitted this cover with her first initial. This cover will protect her camera on her trip to Greece in three weeks.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Bean - Honey
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Blackberry harvest
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=427022
Brief Description:
My blackberry harvest is way too late for the Blackberry bean, but it actually beautifully fits this honey bean! I mean, blossoms count as flowers right? I've been tending our garden, losing many battles (our cherries died because of wood lice, our grapes blossomed but didn't develop fruit, our rocket salad was munched up by caterpillars overnight) but on one plant, I won: we got the woodlice away from the blackberry bush before the blossoms were wilting and the fruit started developing and this is the first ripe batch, with some berries still ripening. They're rather sour, but should be great to make jams. I munched up these first 150 grams just plain though, I quite like tart Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1037 on: August 29, 2013 03:27:02 PM »

Hello Crafty Witches & Wizards! Grin

I can't believe that the Summer Semester is coming to a close.  (honestly, where did the summer go?!?!

HPC STAFFERS: Please PM if you would like to stay on staff and any ideas you have for Fall Classes.  I will living on Craftster this weekend, but please note that in RL Friday, I have teaching during the day and a home football I must attend (yup, I'm a band mom!)

I can't wait to get into my groove because I've been having serious HPC & Craftster withdrawal.

Okay, sorry for the fly-by, but I'm needed to help with DD Writing Assignment and must feed DS before he heads out for his evening band practice.  Wishing everyone bright blessings! Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: August 29, 2013 08:37:45 PM »

Everyone's projects have been awesome!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: Sand Hieroglyphs
Brief Description: Curse breakers work quite a bit in Egypt and there they must deal with lots of egyptian hieroglyphs. I thought Id make some of my own with some sand dough and carve my name into. My only suggestions dont use paver sand from the hardware store (it has some largish rocks in it) and dont over do it with the flour because you lose the sandy color.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Honey
Project Name: Flower Dishcloth and Tiger Lily Frame
Project Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/starfish-dishcloths
Brief Description: I wanted to try out the starfish dishcloth pattern because one can never have enough. I didnt actually read the directions completely on my first attempt and I ended up with a flower instead of a starfish. I couldn't bear to pull it apart and so decided to submit this flower as part of my honey bean. Our Tiger Lillies needed their stems trimmed and the dried stems are the perfect crafting material. So I made this 5x7 frame with them.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: Starry Dishcloths
Brief Description: My second attempt at the starfish pattern was a lot more successful, I actually followed the pattern.  I choose the blue and yellow to represent the lovely stars in the night sky.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Project Name: Hinkypunk Baby Hat
Project Link: http://allicrafts.blogspot.com/2013/01/free-pattern-thick-and-thin-striped.html#more
Brief Description: I saw this baby hat pattern and had to try it. I used the grey to represent the smoke-colored hinkypunk and the yellow as the lamp.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Hot Dishcloths
Brief Description: I had to do a few more of these dishcloths. I did these three in some fiery colors.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Cherry Baby Hat
Project Link: http://allicrafts.blogspot.com/2011/02/free-pattern-baby-earflap-hat-newborn.html
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cowboy-boots
Brief Description: I love the deep red color of cherries and I had the perfect color yarn in my stash. So I whipped up these cute boots and adorable hat to honor this delicious fruit.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride
Project Name: TARDIS Potholders
Brief Description: My lil sis is headed off to college and I decided to make her a small care package. I made her these blue potholders with the TARDIS on them because she loves Doctor Who and whose kitchen doesnt need some more Whovian in it?
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Dont Blink Pillowcase
Brief Description: This is also included in the lil siss care package. Sleep is very important for a college study, I know I never could get enough of it. I made her this pillowcase just in case she needs a small nap in class.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Whovian Water bottle
Brief Description: Growing up in Texas most of my fond camping memories involved drinking lots of water. So it was naturally fitting that my camping necessity would be my water bottle. It was the perfect blank canvas from some Sharpie art inspired by my favorite Whovian webcomic.
Project Picture:

And with that I'm calling BINGO!
I've got N and G down, COMC across and Detention to Quidditch diagonally.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1039 on: August 30, 2013 04:03:49 AM »

ah, those whovian drawings are really cute - can you give us a link to the comic, it sounds like something I should read Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adding Luminosity to an Image
Adding Subtle Colors to a Black and White Image in Lightroom
How to Backup Your Photos on Location
Image Search Engine Walkthrough
Split Toning in Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...